Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Texans gear selling well despite injuries (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87021)

badboy 11-18-2011 10:13 AM

Texans gear selling well despite injuries

Mods move as I'm not sure this goes in this forum.

Fans and coaches aren't the only ones keeping an eye on Matt Schaub's injured right foot.

Stores that sell Houston Texans apparel also have a stake in the star quarterback and his team's success. Aramark, which manages the Go Texans shop at Reliant Stadium, reports sales have been running more than 10 percent ahead of last year and likely will set a record if Houston reaches the playoffs for the first time.

http://www.chron.com/business/articl...ns-2275154.php

Big Lou 11-18-2011 11:00 AM

Re: Texans gear selling well despite injuries

Well hopefully this means McNair will keep the wallet open next off season!!!

(I''m not a "McNair is cheap!" truther.)

badboy 11-18-2011 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 1831279)

Don't see it Big Lou as re-signing Mario and Foster will take up much of the dinero. The new TV contract does not kick in until 2014 I believe. there should be some incremental increase to salary cap. The critical areas I see are NOSE but that has been addressed somewhat by Wade's system and the draft (Dontar' Poe) could address that. WR2 can also be addressed in draft as well as a back up ILB. It is good we can do that as free agency market does not look good to me.

HJam72 11-18-2011 01:41 PM

Cushing's nose has to be replaced?

Thorn 11-18-2011 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 1831387)
Cushing's nose has to be replaced?

Naw, leave it off. The Jack Lambert look would suit him well.

TejasTom 11-18-2011 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 1831244)
... sales have been running more than 10 percent ahead of last year and likely will set a record if Houston reaches the playoffs for the first time.

They really went out on a limb here.

SheTexan 11-18-2011 04:01 PM

I was in WallyMart a while ago and 3/4 of their sports stuff was Cowboy. I''m just hoping that's because Texans stuff is selling better!

texanway 11-18-2011 05:24 PM

Cushing/Williams/Ryans/Foster/Johnson/Schaub

Who wouldn't want to wear those jerseys?

HJam72 11-18-2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanway (Post 1831519)

Vince Young? :vincepalm:

TejasTom 11-18-2011 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 1831520)
Vince Young? :vincepalm:

You didn't have to go there.

Insideop 11-18-2011 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Lou (Post 1831279)

I thought the NFL had "revenue sharing" on all the apparel and other gear that's sold. Am I wrong?

TexanBacker93 11-19-2011 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texanway (Post 1831519)

What no KJ #25??

ObsiWan 11-19-2011 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanBacker93 (Post 1831747)
What no KJ #25??

next year
:D

Hookem Horns 11-19-2011 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Insideop (Post 1831636)
I thought the NFL had "revenue sharing" on all the apparel and other gear that's sold. Am I wrong?

No, you are correct. The Texans get the same cut if it is a Texans jersey or a Cowboys jersey.

redwhiteblue 02-28-2012 03:40 PM

I have always been disappointed with the jersey selection offered to Texans fans at the stadium and outside stores. I know you can custom order jerseys online at nfl.com, but seeing the vast selection offered by other teams in other cities, it would be appreciated if the Texans would offer more than 6 different player jerseys at their stadium. Johnathan Joseph started the year as the highest paid Texan and his jersey is not for sale at Reliant. Connor Barwin led the team in sacks and his jersey is not for sale. Antonio Smith has been the most consistent and underrated player on defense and he doesn't get to look up into the crowd and see fans wearing his jersey. Duane Brown is a top left tackle in the league and his jersey is not for sale.

Texan_Bill 02-28-2012 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badboy (Post 1831244)
Mods move as I'm not sure this goes in this forum.

Fans and coaches aren't the only ones keeping an eye on Matt Schaub's injured right foot.

Stores that sell Houston Texans apparel also have a stake in the star quarterback and his team's success. Aramark, which manages the Go Texans shop at Reliant Stadium, reports sales have been running more than 10 percent ahead of last year and likely will set a record if Houston reaches the playoffs for the first time.

http://www.chron.com/business/articl...ns-2275154.php

Tony Boselli was the best selling jersey 2 or 3 years into the Texans inception...

:facepalm: Texans Fan!!

ObsiWan 02-28-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by redwhiteblue (Post 1906631)
I have always been disappointed with the jersey selection offered to Texans fans at the stadium and outside stores. I know you can custom order jerseys online at nfl.com, but seeing the vast selection offered by other teams in other cities, it would be appreciated if the Texans would offer more than 6 different player jerseys at their stadium. Johnathan Joseph started the year as the highest paid Texan and his jersey is not for sale at Reliant. Connor Barwin led the team in sacks and his jersey is not for sale. Antonio Smith has been the most consistent and underrated player on defense and he doesn't get to look up into the crowd and see fans wearing his jersey. Duane Brown is a top left tackle in the league and his jersey is not for sale.

Excellent point. I wonder who makes the call on which players' jerseys are made available for sale? What's the criteria?

Anyone know?

steelbtexan 02-29-2012 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1906878)
Excellent point. I wonder who makes the call on which players' jerseys are made available for sale? What's the criteria?

Anyone know?

Apparently somme geek number cruncher in the front office, who knows nothing about football.

redwhiteblue 02-29-2012 12:08 AM

I don't remember the specific source, but I asked someone with the Texans once and they stated that the team has to buy all the jerseys from the NFL in a large shipment and they wait until fan reaction is strong so they don't waste money on unsold jerseys.
My counterpoint was the Texans spent $50 million on Joseph, so how do you they feel comfortable doing that, but won't go ahead and put his jersey in their store?