Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Like you need anymore reason to despise titan fans...... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86942)

Tailgate 11-15-2011 05:46 AM

Like you need anymore reason to despise titan fans......

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=76948

http://www.gotitans.com/goForum/showthread.php?t=76939

Even still... I cant wait to smash them once again. They are jumping for joy over there right now....this is one of those threads you bookmark for later.

toronto 11-15-2011 07:07 AM

Re: Like you need anymore reason to despise titan fans......

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 1828878)

Even still... I cant wait to smash them once again. They are jumping for joy over there right now....this is one of those threads you bookmark for later.

I didn't look at the threads as a whole, not a GoTitans member, but quick question - why are you surprised that a rival team's fans are happy they may have gotten a new shot at winning the division?

This is hardly scheudenfreude...the harsh reality is that the Texans took a major hit, and the Titans now have a shot, albeit not a great shot, but a shot, and winning the division. Shit happens. Neither of us are winning the SB anyways. No one is beating GB this year unless Aaron Rodgers gets hurt like Schaub.

Playoffs 11-15-2011 07:48 AM

You go digging around in an outhouse, you're going to get some poop on yer hands.

jaayteetx 11-15-2011 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 1828902)
I didn't look at the threads as a whole, not a GoTitans member, but quick question - why are you surprised that a rival team's fans are happy they may have gotten a new shot at winning the division?

This is hardly scheudenfreude...the harsh reality is that the Texans took a major hit, and the Titans now have a shot, albeit not a great shot, but a shot, and winning the division. Shit happens. Neither of us are winning the SB anyways. No one is beating GB this year unless Aaron Rodgers gets hurt like Schaub.

When Kenny Britt got hurt, all I said was, "that sucks for them and that's all I'm gonna say about that" . Bad form to revel in other teams injuries. My own personal opinion.

toronto 11-15-2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1828946)
When Kenny Britt got hurt, all I said was, "that sucks for them and that's all I'm gonna say about that" . Bad form to revel in other teams injuries. My own personal opinion.

I spent about as much time thinking about Schaub's injury as my oldest son did. Meaning none. Every team gioes through it, although you guys have had it rougher than anyone. To be 7-3 is a heck of an accomplishment in my eyes.

I got enough on my plate worrying about a Jeckyl and Hyde Titan team that I have no clue can win on a week to week basis before I start thinking "hmmm if they lose 4 games and I go 7-1 etc."

Let me see if the Titans can win one game against an above .500 opponent like Atlanta next Sunday. Then I'll know if they have even a prayer of competing against the Texans for the division.

Heath Shuler 11-15-2011 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 1828878)

Classless fuc*s; just like the overwhelming majority of all titans fans.

unclejamima 11-15-2011 06:20 PM

All this means is that, once again, Titans fans will have thair slim hopes crushed under the heavy cleats of Wade Phillips' Defense. Even with Leinart, and even IF they win enough games to compete, they will face total destruction in week 17. So let them have their short lived pipe-dreams, it'll make the pain worse later.

Giant Tiger 11-15-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unclejamima (Post 1829584)
All this means is that, once again, Titans fans will have thair slim hopes crushed under the heavy cleats of Wade Phillips' Defense. Even with Leinart, and even IF they win enough games to compete, they will face total destruction in week 17. So let them have their short lived pipe-dreams, it'll make the pain worse later.

True, beating them with Leinart would make it that much sweeter :)

GP 11-15-2011 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toronto (Post 1828902)

Find me the post, a single post on THIS TEXANS BOARD, where anybody acted an ass when Kenny Britt went down. Did we think, "Wow. That's going to hurt their chances"? Yes.

Did we relish in it and post stuff? I don't remember seeing any of that here.

We've had our asses handed to us for almost 10 years now, toronto. We know how to eat shit and smile about it...which is why we don't resort to the sort of stuff going on with the other Titans fans over there.

That's the type of tactic a team's fans use, what they're doing over there, when they know the Texans might be the best in the AFC South and they aren't. And for some reason, Titans fans have been amazingly rude, right up there with Jags fans and the haughty Colts fans who are now nowhere to be seen, and it just stinks.

Sometimes, I think the Texans really do have perhaps the nicest message board fan base overall. We've been stomped on, all we have left was our character in how we treat fellow fans. Not saying everyone here is a saint, but overall this community's moderators would chew major ass and maybe even ban us if we didn't treat other teams' fans with due respect.

Not mad at you, but just letting you know that Titans fans (with the exception of a few) have come over here for years and just tried to start stuff and then pull a Finnegan when they get confronted on it. I'm tired of it, personally.

toronto 11-16-2011 06:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1829783)
Find me the post, a single post on THIS TEXANS BOARD, where anybody acted an ass when Kenny Britt went down. Did we think, "Wow. That's going to hurt their chances"? Yes.

Did we relish in it and post stuff? I don't remember seeing any of that here.

We've had our asses handed to us for almost 10 years now, toronto. We know how to eat shit and smile about it...which is why we don't resort to the sort of stuff going on with the other Titans fans over there.

That's the type of tactic a team's fans use, what they're doing over there, when they know the Texans might be the best in the AFC South and they aren't. And for some reason, Titans fans have been amazingly rude, right up there with Jags fans and the haughty Colts fans who are now nowhere to be seen, and it just stinks.

Sometimes, I think the Texans really do have perhaps the nicest message board fan base overall. We've been stomped on, all we have left was our character in how we treat fellow fans. Not saying everyone here is a saint, but overall this community's moderators would chew major ass and maybe even ban us if we didn't treat other teams' fans with due respect.

Not mad at you, but just letting you know that Titans fans (with the exception of a few) have come over here for years and just tried to start stuff and then pull a Finnegan when they get confronted on it. I'm tired of it, personally.

Maybe its because I spend more time in the NSZ and my own board for football talk for the most part, but I don't see the trolls. I usually seem to see quality football chatter with friendly smack at best. Maybe the mods are quashing crummy smack before it lasts long?

I've been on this board for 4 or so years (thought it was longer) and have a lot of fun, and never have seen anyone rub salt in wounds after Texan losses. Maybe I need to surf the site harder, but meh - what's the point? I don't look for crap, I look for good conversations and football chat, and that's all.

TEXANRED 11-21-2011 01:08 PM

Karma really is a *****.

Bulluck53 11-22-2011 12:50 AM

If it helps I really don't like Titans fans either. That's probably why I don't frequent any Titans boards anymore.