Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Matt Schaub - Injury Prone (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86941)

JamesBill 11-15-2011 04:46 AM

Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
I believe Schaub is a great fit here, even more so with our new found defense, dual threat backfield, and a FB that can catch. I think he is very good to great when healthy.

The reality though, he is injury prone and brittle. He has been battlefighting a hip and shoulder injury all year which is why his throws have been off. Dude is not built to last, and now he will be even slower and less athletic with a stump foot.

No matter what you believe about his ability, he is on the wrong side of 30 and has missed 5 or more games in 3 out of his 5 years as a starter. Individually they seem like freak injuries, but it is now the rule rather than the exception.

aussie_texan 11-15-2011 05:21 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
can't believe there is a thread on this.
That injury prone bulls**t was used a few years ago and that was because he coped some cheap shots in the back field. yeah he battles injuries through the year but u find me a player in the NFL who doesn't.
Schaub is not injury prone. his taken a lot of big hits and he gets up and gets on with it!

HJam72 11-15-2011 05:24 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
The one who's injury prone is Williams.

DeMarCushPoll 11-15-2011 05:42 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBill (Post 1828868)
I believe Schaub is a great fit here, even more so with our new found defense, dual threat backfield, and a FB that can catch. I think he is very good to great when healthy.

The reality though, he is injury prone and brittle. He has been battlefighting a hip and shoulder injury all year which is why his throws have been off. Dude is not built to last, and now he will be even slower and less athletic with a stump foot.

No matter what you believe about his ability, he is on the wrong side of 30 and has missed 5 or more games in 3 out of his 5 years as a starter. Individually they seem like freak injuries, but it is now the rule rather than the exception.

How bout you let fat-ass haynesworthless roll on the back of your ankle and see how tough you are? This thread is stupid, he hasn't missed a game in three years. Moving on.

Lucky 11-15-2011 06:27 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesBill (Post 1828868)
...and now he will be even slower and less athletic with a stump foot.

I really don't think it's possible for Schaub to be slower or less athletic. I'm still not sure why they can't stick a couple of pins in his foot and send him back out there for the playoffs.

Texanfan4ever 11-15-2011 06:37 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
This thread Shld be deleted! It is just ignorant to say that! They all get hurt! He has played thru it all! I can promise u that the one that is the most upset abt this is Matt! This is his team and his year! Layoff! Mods can u lock this thread! We do not need this!

SheTexan 11-15-2011 06:43 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by texanfan4ever (Post 1828890)
this thread shld be deleted! It is just ignorant to say that! They all get hurt! He has played thru it all! I can promise u that the one that is the most upset abt this is matt! This is his team and his year! Layoff! Mods can u lock this thread! We do not need this!


^^^^^^^^^^ this!!!!

Lucky 11-15-2011 06:44 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever (Post 1828890)
Mods can u lock this thread! We do not need this!

This topic will continue to be discussed. Locking threads won't stop that. Schaub has missed "significant" time in 3 of his 5 seasons in Houston. Injury prone? No, there are good reasons why Schaub has gone down. Brittle? Well, he ain't Brett Favre. But, you're right in that Matt has played through some injuries. Call me crazy, but I haven't given up hope that Schaub returns for the playoffs.

Seņor Stan 11-15-2011 07:35 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
What a craptastic thread.

Where is your Andre Johnson - Injury Prone thread?

GlassHalfFull 11-15-2011 07:50 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
This is one of those threads where I hope to god the players don't waste their time on these boards.

I guess it serves the purpose of letting posters expose themselves.

HJam72 11-15-2011 07:53 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 1828927)
This is one of those threads where I hope to god the players don't waste their time on these boards.

I guess it serves the purpose of letting posters expose themselves.

No, I only do that on the dating sites. :tiphat:

IDEXAN 11-15-2011 07:56 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
The Texans are no strangers to this injury. Earlier this season Dom Barber was lost for the season with a lisfranc fracture. Mike Brisiel missed most of the 2009 season with a similar injury as did Texans safety Glenn Earl in 2007.
http://www.examiner.com/houston-texa...alerts_article
(((((((((((((((((((((
In this article in the Houston Texan Examiner by Alan Burge, turns out Matts injury is nothing new for the Texans.
Good news here is that while I remember the problems Brisiel had and that he was out most of that year, I guess he's totally recoverd now and is playing better than ever these days.

Kthx 11-15-2011 07:58 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
JamesBill's ego: Injury Prone.

Find out after thread is locked.

speedfreek 11-15-2011 08:30 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
If you're actually being honest, you'd have to say that schaub is getting old, brittle, and his skills are fading (nothing like he was last year in terms of accuracy).

We might get another 2 years from him, but still need to keep drafting QB's to groom in his stead..

TJ

dinkatoid 11-15-2011 08:44 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
I do not think Schaub is injury prone at all. I fully believe the problem is he has balls of steel. Schaub will stand in the pocket when anyone in their right mind would have ran by then and throw a pass as he takes a huge shot.

For example, if you watched the game last night, pay attention to Rodgers in the pocket. He has a great sense of when it is coming, and when he needs to move. It is not that Schaub does not know this, it is that he is not very mobile and knows his only hope is to stand in there and deliver. There have been people (I think it was profootball focus' rankings, but might have been elsewhere - it has been awhile) who have started to notice this too. I really believe Schaub takes some of the hardest hits you will see a QB take.

IlliniJen 11-15-2011 08:45 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
This thread needs to die in a fire.

GlassHalfFull 11-15-2011 08:59 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by speedfreek (Post 1828950)
If you're actually being honest, you'd have to say that schaub is getting old, brittle, and his skills are fading (nothing like he was last year in terms of accuracy).

We might get another 2 years from him, but still need to keep drafting QB's to groom in his stead..

TJ

If I was being honest, I would call you an *****. but the forum code won't let me.

Season Team G GS Comp Att Pct. Yds Avg TD Int Sck Sck Yrds Rate
2007 Texans 11 11 192 289 66.4 2,241 7.8 9 9 16 126 87.2
2008 Texans 11 11 251 380 66.1 3,043 8.0 15 10 23 149 92.7
2009 Texans 16 16 396 583 67.9 4,770 8.2 29 15 25 149 98.6
2010 Texans 16 16 365 574 63.6 4,370 7.6 24 12 32 226 92.0


He is 30 years old, not at all old for a qb. Check out his starts for yourself.

Mr. White 11-15-2011 09:12 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
2 years ago, I would have been on board with this thread. I was as critical of his ability to stay healthy as anyone. The fact of the matter now is that he hasn't missed a game since the 2008 season.

Now, I think that the "Schaub is injury prone take" is a busted myth.


Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 1828873)
The one who's injury prone is Williams.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 1828914)
What a craptastic thread.

Where is your Andre Johnson - Injury Prone thread?

You can make a better case for the 2 quotes here than you can for Schaub.

Khari 11-15-2011 09:15 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
everybody is injury prone when haynesworth falls on you :kitten:

Texanfan4ever 11-15-2011 09:21 AM

Re: Matt Schaub - Injury Prone
 
Instead of attacking Schuab , use your energy to get behind Leinert! He needs all positive energy! Stars were made like this! This is still our year !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger