Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Call it: What will the Texans' record be. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86936)

keyser 11-14-2011 09:21 PM

Call it: What will the Texans' record be.

Given the Schaub injury, where do you think the Texans end up this year? This is your chance to go on record.

For me, I think the defense, run game, and AJ are enough to finish out 3-3, and they make the playoffs, where they're quickly eliminated.

speedfreek 11-14-2011 09:23 PM

Re: Call it: What will the Texans' record be.

10-6 and we're out in the first round of the playoffs.

(I really think Lienart is a turnover machine..)

TJ

burro 11-14-2011 09:24 PM

The optimist in me says 11-5. The part of me that hasn't been pounding booze says 9-7.

thunderkyss 11-14-2011 09:25 PM

I think Kubiak shows us he is the coach we've wanted all along.

We finish 4-2, we'll be the second seed in the AFC, & go on to win the Super Bowl.

JimBaker488 11-14-2011 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keyser (Post 1828689)
Given the Schaub injury, where do you think the Texans end up this year? This is your chance to go on record.

For me, I think the defense, run game, and AJ are enough to finish out 3-3, and they make the playoffs, where they're quickly eliminated.

Under the new circumstances we are faced with (Schaubs injury), ending up
10-6 (3-3 in remaining games) would have to be viewed as a huge success and I think it's the best we can hope for realistically.

Lurvinator11 11-14-2011 09:29 PM

I am going to go out on a limb and say 12-4! I feel like even though we won't have schaub, Johnson coming back will help take pressure off of the QB and we will still dominate. I hope to God I am right

fiasco west 11-14-2011 09:29 PM

They will lose one game from here on out. Whether that's the Atlanta game or Cincy game I don't know.

Joseph is still out there, Cushing, A.Smith, Ryans, entire Oline, Daniels, Tate, Foster, Ward, Watt, Reed....this team is loaded with talent, they are not the Colts. Oh yeah almost forgot that their best player is returning to the team most likely.

Worse comes the worse they lose 5 or 6 games, but that is it. 12-4 is my prediction.

TexansBull 11-14-2011 09:29 PM

10-6

Lose to bengals, falcons,

Wolf 11-14-2011 09:30 PM

If the jets can go to the AFC championship game with Sanchez

With our running game and defense, the sky is the limit

brakos82 11-14-2011 09:30 PM

As long as Matt L isn't Rosencopter 2.0, I'll say 11-5.

DX-TEX 11-14-2011 09:33 PM

I was down when I first heard the news but then it hit me: this IS NOT the Texans team of past years! I have faith in Leinart! Next man up baby!

JamesBill 11-14-2011 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 1828700)
As long as Matt L isn't Rosencopter 2.0, I'll say 11-5.

TRUTH! Someone told me "Man I miss Sage!" I was like WTF? Sage is the last guy I want in there. Matt is gonna handle his business. 11-5 at the worst.

Buffi2 11-14-2011 09:34 PM

I said 11-5 partly because I find it even more depressing to think about anything less.

The other part is if Leinart is ever going to be a starter anywhere, this is his time. Fail here and he might as well go find another day job or be like HWSNBN for the remainder of his career and just a back up.

Everything is in place for him to succeed and he should work his little tail off to see to it that we continue to win. I don't think we could find a better back up situation. I just hope he has the skills as well as the desire to pull it off.

axman40 11-14-2011 09:35 PM

11-5
Go Texans!
I am not in full panic mode.
:texflag:

80tothezone 11-14-2011 09:39 PM

honestly this team has showed all yr that they can cope with injury i keep with my beginning of the yr prediction of 11-5 and a first round bye. after that we win one and loose in the AFC championships.

ThaJokaa 11-14-2011 09:39 PM

I put 12-4 because of the rest of our players n I also believe that Leinart has it in him. I think 13-3 is also possible

Edit: What is HWSNBN?

Corrosion 11-14-2011 09:41 PM

Man I just dont know .... Leinart , can he just manage the game and take what the defense gives him while not turning the ball over ?! If so , 12-4 is possible , if not .... they might not even make the damn playoffs.

The injuries to this team this season are almost overwhelming.

AJ , Walter , Casey , MW , Foster , Ward , Manning , Schaub .... Kubiak's done well to keep them winning with the injuries before Schaub's but this one might be just too much to overcome. The QB spot is just that important and despite Schaubs limitations , he's a top half NFL QB.

I dont think any of us know what we have in Leinart.

Hervoyel 11-14-2011 09:42 PM

12-4

We're living in epic times. NFL films will be doing some serious work compiling our "Road To The Super Bowl" film and covering all of our injuries.

thunderkyss 11-14-2011 09:44 PM

Hell, the Packers won the Super Bowl with a bunch of guys on IR...

Corrosion 11-14-2011 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1828723)
Hell, the Packers won the Super Bowl with a bunch of guys on IR...

Not a whole laundry list of pro bowlers .... their best players were on the field.