Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Injuries And Game Recap Please (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86882)

gary 11-13-2011 07:08 PM

Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
The power went out at my house a little after ten this morning and came back on close to 430 so I missed the game. Any major injuries to make note of? What were the big plays in the game? How many total yards did the Bucks have? Ect. Anything you thought was important please post. I know they whipped butt but I want some details from those who saw the game. Pissed I missed this game. Thanks in advance.

Lucky 11-13-2011 07:13 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Gary if you read through the existing threads, especially the game day thread, you will get a pretty good idea of what happened in the game.

JWarren14 11-13-2011 07:15 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1827233)
The power went out at my house a little after ten this morning and came back on close to 430 so I missed the game. Any major injuries to make note of? What were the big plays in the game? How many total yards did the Bucks have? Ect. Anything you thought was important please post. I know they whipped butt but I want some details from those who saw the game. Pissed I missed this game. Thanks in advance.

Never really a scare, we scored on the first offensive play, but missed the PAT. Ward, Foster, and Tate all had TDs. Schaub went home with a waling boot, but it's not believed to be serious, a rolled ankle.

Ravens lost, so we are currently #1 in AFC!!!

ObsiWan 11-13-2011 07:25 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1827233)
The power went out at my house a little after ten this morning and came back on close to 430 so I missed the game. Any major injuries to make note of? What were the big plays in the game? How many total yards did the Bucks have? Ect. Anything you thought was important please post. I know they whipped butt but I want some details from those who saw the game. Pissed I missed this game. Thanks in advance.

Tampa was outmatched. We did the same thing to Tampa that we did to Cleveland. Got up early - our first play from scrimmage was an 80-yd TD catch & run to Jacoby - and never looked back. We were up 16-zip (our first PAT was blocked) before TB cracked the scoreboard with a FG. Offensively, our running game was solid; all three backs scored on the ground. The defense was relentless. Four sacks and four turnovers.

TB never had a chance.

and the sweet dessert to top off the day is that Baltimore lost to the Seahawks which means we are now the #1 seed in the AFC.
Of course, there are six more games to go so I still worry.

Sorry you missed it. It was a thing of beauty.

gary 11-13-2011 07:25 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JWarren14 (Post 1827243)
Never really a scare, we scored on the first offensive play, but missed the PAT. Ward, Foster, and Tate all had TDs. Schaub went home with a waling boot, but it's not believed to be serious, a rolled ankle.

Ravens lost, so we are currently #1 in AFC!!!

What about the under 200 yards streak per game for their opponets?

ObsiWan 11-13-2011 07:29 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1827254)
What about the under 200 yards streak per game for their opponets?

That was total yds?? I thought that was a passing yardage streak...? We held TB to 141 passing. But they got 231 total yds of offense so if it was about total yds, then that streak is broken..

gary 11-13-2011 07:33 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ObsiWan (Post 1827258)
That was total yds?? I thought that was a passing yardage streak...? We held TB to 141 passing. But they got 231 total yds of offense so if it was about total yds, then that streak is broken..

I am pretty sure that was total yards but they still did an awesome job. Who cares? Rep to you two. I am thrilled to peices and bits. GO TEXANS

Texan_Bill 11-13-2011 07:33 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Hey my main man Gary, we sucked!! Matt Schaub sucked and of course Kubiak's decision making was horrible!!

Love ya man!!! Be GOOD!!! ;)

gary 11-13-2011 07:36 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
The power goes out a lot around here.

76Texan 11-13-2011 07:37 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1827260)
I am pretty sure that was total yards but they still did an awesome job. Who cares? Rep to you two. I am thrilled to peices and bits. GO TEXANS

Hey buddy,
If you really want a recap of the important plays, I can play my DVR and give you the flow of the game.
It may take a couple of hours, but I don't have anything to do.
You can check back every half hour or so.
Want me to?

gary 11-13-2011 07:42 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 1827267)
Hey buddy,
If you really want a recap of the important plays, I can play my DVR and give you the flow of the game.
It may take a couple of hours, but I don't have anything to do.
You can check back every half hour or so.
Want me to?

You go through your DVR and PM me later if you want.

76Texan 11-13-2011 07:44 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1827273)
You go through your DVR and PM me later if you want.

I'll just post it here.
First one around 8:15

gary 11-13-2011 07:47 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 76Texan (Post 1827275)
I'll just post it here.
First one around 8:15

You post it here and I'll check whenever.

thunderkyss 11-13-2011 08:13 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1827277)
You post it here and I'll check whenever.


Check this link


Several high-light videos, stats, play-by-play.... everything you need.

welsh texan 11-13-2011 08:13 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Hey 76 if you're going to re-watch the game and make some posts on it could you analyze the safety play for me please?

I've only ever had the chance to watch an NFL game in person once (Miami - New York Giants @ Wembley a few years ago) and the TV doesn't really give much opportunity to understand the DB play.

It strikes me that Kareem and Allen are both playing pretty well this season, while JoJo seems to have gone from a really good CB in CIN to somewhere at/near elite level.

Last year a lot of the blame for our poor CB play was placed on Pollard (who's doing pretty well for BALT) and Wilson who are now off the team, and apart from the odd passing mention there isn't a heck of a lot of talk about the safety play and what effect they're having on our play at CB this year.

I can't help but notice that while we've upgraded our starter talent, the likes of Nolan and Demps have been able to plug in pretty well without any real drop off in the play.

I'd really appreciate it if you have time man.

76Texan 11-13-2011 08:20 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
First Quarter

The Texans started their first drive on the 20 after a touchback and decided to go for the home run ball right off the bat.
They set up a play action fake to Foster to the left.
The Bucs LCB Talib and the SS Jones brought it hard.
Schaub rolled right and found JJ all alone at the Texans 32.
JJ made the FS T. Jackson miss and scampered all the way for an 80yd-TD,

.....

The Bucs got the ball on their 19.

An incomplete pass to TE Winslow and an 8-yd run by RB Blount spot them a third and 2.

The Texans took away Freeman's hot route, forcing him to scramble.
The receiver M. Williams did a good job adjusting his route to help out the QB.
It wans't really terrible coverage by McCain (but he can do better).
Nolan and McCain combine for the tackle.
The 23yd catch gave the Bucs a first down.

JJo then made a nice play to break up a pass to Williams before Blount gained 5 yards on a run (tackled by Cushing).

On third and five, The BEAST (Cushing) stuffed Freeman for an 8yd loss.
It was on a LB stunt.
Cushing started out attacking the strong side B gap but then scraped around to the weak side A gap.
Freeman never saw him until it's too late.
Barwin also pushed the LT into Freeman.
That forced the Bucs to punt.

GlassHalfFull 11-13-2011 08:21 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Gary, what you really need to do is go read the gameday thread on the Buc's board. Pure comedy

link


Quote:

Posted Today, 02:58 PM
Goodness. Someone set the Bucs' difficulty level to Rookie.

Quote:

They look like a division III high school team.

GlassHalfFull 11-13-2011 08:37 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
more joy

Quote:

Ha. My computer won't even stream this crap anymore. Awesome indeed.
Quote:

Still another quarter to play, dear God
Quote:

lmao

the guy streaming clearly decided to put us out of our misery, stream was dead for 5 min and now it's back with the miami game instead.
Quote:

One man team. Sadly that one man is not named Vick or Sanders.
Quote:

Achievement Unlocked: Better than Rex Grossman
Quote:

I bet Haynesworth wishes he would've just retired.
Quote:

If they made the 2 point conversion, all they needed was 2 more TDs with 2 point conversions and a FG for the tie................
Quote:

I just noticed something.. THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE IN THE OFFENSE!!!! WE HAVEN'T RAN THAT HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE END AROUND!
Quote:

I think Olson just took over as the Texans OC to call that end around.

thunderkyss 11-13-2011 08:38 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 1827295)
Gary, what you really need to do is go read the gameday thread on the Buc's board. Pure comedy

link

Seems so familiar, like we were there not too long ago.

76Texan 11-13-2011 08:43 PM

Re: Injuries And Game Recap Please
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by glasshalffull (Post 1827295)
gary, what you really need to do is go read the gameday thread on the buc's board. Pure comedy

link

lol!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger