Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Texans V Browns Daylight Savings Game Time Thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86648)

Joe Texan 11-06-2011 01:02 AM

Texans V Browns Daylight Savings Game Time Thread

Yes I did say game Time Thread because it might be falling back but it is GAME DAY so Lock up your daughters and lock up your wives lea\ts beat the stuffing out of that dog

Rey 11-06-2011 01:10 AM

Lol

ThaShark316 11-06-2011 03:50 AM

Re: Texans V Browns Daylight Savings Game Time Thread

Quote:

The Houston Texans have matched the best start in franchise history thanks largely to a defense that’s playing at a high level.

The Cleveland Browns have also been strong on that side of the ball, but that hasn’t equated to many wins lately.

Still looking for a first AFC South title - and playoff berth - since joining the league in 2002, the Texans (5-3) have defeated their three divisional opponents by a combined 99-28 following a 41-7 win at Tennessee on Oct. 23 and Sunday’s 24-14 victory over Jacksonville.

Cleveland (3-4), though, went just 1-3 in October despite holding opponents to an average of 19.5 points and 286.5 yards.

The Browns’ offense can shoulder much of the blame for the team’s rough month, totaling 46 points. A fourth-quarter 45-yard TD from Colt McCoy to Josh Cribbs in a 20-10 loss at San Francisco on Sunday marked the first time the team reached the end zone in eight quarters.
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/preview;...id=20111106034

Quote:

What I want to see:

Pass to set up the run.

Yeah, we know the Browns are 2nd in the league in Pass D. Who cares? Pass on their asses. Get OD involved early and set a tone. We know (well, we THINK) we can run the ball with reckless abandon today, but still, let's get the pass game going early, throw CLE off.

Again, stuff the run.

Silent G, you are my homie, but you have to struggle today. Let's keep this stout run D going. (love saying "stout run D" about MY team). Lets make the Browns have to throw it, forcing them to be more "predictable", as people are saying.

Grab aholt of Colt.

As a Horns fan, I know what the man can do. He's elusive, can keep plays alive, and can be clutch, especially on 3rd downs. Don't allow him to get anything done to this effect. Whether we blitz, or rush 4/drop 7, we have to be efficient.

Bengals beat the Titans.

:)

Oh, snap...forgot....

LETS GET TO 6-3, FOLKS!!!

ObsiWan 11-06-2011 03:54 AM

http://lh6.googleusercontent.com/pub...2vrINeojCGyxMY

Thorn 11-06-2011 04:03 AM

We'll win this one, I'm not to concerned.

In some ways I can't believe I can say that. It's very VERY unusual for me to be so calm about predicting a Texans win. Maybe they really are different this year.

ObsiWan 11-06-2011 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thorn (Post 1820716)

In some ways I can't believe I can say that. It's very VERY unusual for me to be so calm about predicting a Texans win. Maybe they really are different this year.

now we're REALLY doomed

:hankpalm:

Joe Texan 11-06-2011 06:20 AM

Quote:

are you still drinking thorn

ObsiWan 11-06-2011 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan (Post 1820724)
are you still drinking thorn

If he ain't, he should start.

:shots:

Thorn 11-06-2011 08:16 AM

ha ha. Nope, no drinking for me. I'm on call this week. I also have to go into work this morning. I hope I'm back by noon.

FirstTexansFan 11-06-2011 08:50 AM

I haven't been this confident about a game since......... the Raiders game :hides: JK! hehe

Lucky 11-06-2011 09:00 AM

Quote:

Yeah, we know the Browns are 2nd in the league in Pass D. Who cares? Pass on their asses. Get OD involved early and set a tone. We know (well, we THINK) we can run the ball with reckless abandon today, but still, let's get the pass game going early, throw CLE off.
Signed,
Gary Kubiak - Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the same twisted logic Kubiak used last year in Indy. No, run the ball down the Browns collective throat. And when they gag "Mercy!", run it some more.

Did you write this Shark? I didn't see a link. Whoever did has a love affair with Colt McCoy (who sucks as a NFL QB). McCoy's no better than 3rd string on the Texans. Browns have to go QB hunting in the offseason.

jtexas 11-06-2011 09:05 AM

I like that attitude of a lock. We are -10.5 in vegas too. Go up big in the first half, pull all the starters and pray for no injuries.

TejasTom 11-06-2011 09:09 AM

Quote:

Ditto!

Kthx 11-06-2011 09:14 AM

I woke up excited that the game was starting in a few hours and then had to suffer the horrifying reality that I had to wait another hour for beer and football.

DX-TEX 11-06-2011 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kthx (Post 1820763)
I woke up excited that the game was starting in a few hours and then had to suffer the horrifying reality that I had to wait another hour for beer and football.

Sucker!!

Took advantage of my extra hour to get some extra sleep. Woke up and made the kids some Blgium Waffles and sausage patties. Drinking a hot cup of joe and just relaxin till game time now.:fans:

Wolf 11-06-2011 09:38 AM

To get y'all into the mood, a little 2006 Texan intro against the browns
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=YBK9IOch9kQ

Enjoy :brando:
:fans:

FirstTexansFan 11-06-2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 1820769)
To get y'all into the mood, a little 2006 Texan intro against the browns
http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...?v=YBK9IOch9kQ

Enjoy :brando:
:fans:

Link seems to be broke, this should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YBK9IOch9kQ

Kthx 11-06-2011 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DX-TEX (Post 1820767)
Sucker!!

Took advantage of my extra hour to get some extra sleep. Woke up and made the kids some Blgium Waffles and sausage patties. Drinking a hot cup of joe and just relaxin till game time now.:fans:

Negative Rep!

But seriously I am just sitting here drinking coffee and eating pretzel goldfish, need to nag my wife into making me waffles and stuff before gametime heh.

dream_team 11-06-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1820757)
Signed,
Gary Kubiak - Smartest Guy in the Room

This is the same twisted logic Kubiak used last year in Indy. No, run the ball down the Browns collective throat. And when they gag "Mercy!", run it some more.

Did you write this Shark? I didn't see a link. Whoever did has a love affair with Colt McCoy (who sucks as a NFL QB). McCoy's no better than 3rd string on the Texans. Browns have to go QB hunting in the offseason.

Ditto! Start the game of running. And keep running until they can stop it. Here's to hoping for a 30 carries game for both Foster and Tate.

DX-TEX 11-06-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream_team (Post 1820779)
Ditto! Start the game of running. And keep running until they can stop it. Here's to hoping for a 30 carries game for both Foster and Tate.

Heck no! nI want Foster, Tate AND Ward all to have 100+ yeards rushing. Heck, just run some old school wishbone offense with all 3 in the backfield and watch the Browns collectivly crap themselves.