Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85733)

Joe Texan 10-09-2011 12:00 AM

Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

Here we go guys the Oakland Raiders are here So lets welcome them to the House of Pain. I am not worried bout Als Ghost, I am not worried bout AJ missing we got a game to play so lets get ready to RUMBLE, Whos with Me?

Doppelganger 10-09-2011 12:02 AM

Re: Houston Texans V Oakland Raiders Gameday thread RIP AD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan (Post 1796265)
Here we go guys the Oakland Raiders are here So lets welcome them to the House of Pain. I am not worried bout Als Ghost, I am not worried bout AJ missing we got a game to play so lets get ready to RUMBLE, Whos with Me?

I am worried that the Raiders will try to make this a win one for Al moment and have that extra bounce in their step. Also, I am worried McFadden will shred our run D.

brakos82 10-09-2011 12:06 AM

I'm also worried that Al Davis is being re-born into the Anti-Christ as we speak.

But that's another story. GO TEXANS!!! :fans:

GP 10-09-2011 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doppelganger (Post 1796266)
I am worried that the Raiders will try to make this a win one for Al moment and have that extra bounce in their step. Also, I am worried McFadden will shred our run D.

Well, I see it this way:

We're going to do a moment of silence for it. Which will be seen as a classy gesture for a visiting team such as the Raiders.

Then, we might have to kick off the ball to them. But our defense, with the help of our loud crowd at Reliant, forces them to punt to us.

Whenever we get the ball, whether it's off a punt or the initial kickoff, we're going to drive it down and score a TD. Most likely via Arian Foster.

And there goes any "momentum" they might have had off the emotional aspect of his death this weekend. Now, it's just another ballgame at that point.

jppaul 10-09-2011 01:42 AM

Not so sure fired up works against our O I predict enthusiastic overpursuit (from overly fired up raiders) opening The cut back lane for at least one 40+ yard run.

DX-TEX 10-09-2011 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jppaul (Post 1796287)
Not so sure fired up works against our O I predict enthusiastic overpursuit (from overly fired up raiders) opening The cut back lane for at least one 40+ yard run.

WHOA!!!! I was just outside having a smoke and thought of the same idea but he would break a 50+ yarder.

Freaky.

Malloy 10-09-2011 02:57 AM

It's easy. Just win baby! :)

LEATHERHEAD 10-09-2011 05:05 AM

Another good team to play today,,,we must keep our eyes open:d:....Don`t forget this is the NFL on any given Sunday any team can win...BUT I LIKE OUR CHANCES:koolaid:

Thorn 10-09-2011 06:26 AM

Oakland is a dangerous team even without the extra incintive. It'll be close, but we shall prevail.

Go Texans!!! :logo:

False Start 10-09-2011 08:50 AM

The Raiders games are always tough, I dont expect and easy W today. :texflag:

CloakNNNdagger 10-09-2011 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doppelganger (Post 1796266)

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 1796269)
I'm also worried that Al Davis is being re-born into the Anti-Christ as we speak.

But that's another story. GO TEXANS!!! :fans:

It will be a sad day if we lose this game because our team only shows up for only half the game and/or our D gets destroyed by the run or pass........and the blame is placed on the spirited Raiders team's resurrection of the Ghost of Al Davis.:kubepalm::wadepalm:

GP 10-09-2011 09:25 AM

Hope to see some of you guys at the Blue Lot tailgate in a little bit.

It's raining, so not sure if we can hang for too long. We bought $3 ponchos at Target last night, and have an umbrella...so maybe we can stop by just to say hi for a second.

- GP

GP 10-09-2011 09:25 AM

This will be my first Texans game. Ever.

Words cannot describe the emotions I have right now.

CloakNNNdagger 10-09-2011 09:29 AM

The totals in the previous 5 meeting of these teams have never eclipsed 44 points. However, today the Texans are 6-point favorites with a total of 48 predicted.

CloakNNNdagger 10-09-2011 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1796343)
This will be my first Texans game. Ever.

Words cannot describe the emotions I have right now.

Good for you. Hope you get to see a good game..........and a win!

TexCanada 10-09-2011 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GP (Post 1796342)
Hope to see some of you guys at the Blue Lot tailgate in a little bit.

It's raining, so not sure if we can hang for too long. We bought $3 ponchos at Target last night, and have an umbrella...so maybe we can stop by just to say hi for a second.

- GP

Are you made of sugar or something?

TexCanada 10-09-2011 10:15 AM

You guys will be happy to know that this game is on tv in my area. That's 2 weeks in a row I don't have to watch it on a live stream on my computer! Woo go texans!!

Porky 10-09-2011 10:49 AM

They will be fired up for sure. We have to withstand their opening attempt at a knockout punch. Do not be surprised if they try to take the momentum early. The Texans need to be the turtle, and not the hare. The Raiders will be the hare today. This is a war, not a battle. Raiders may take the opening battle, Texans must win the 4 qtr war. The Texans need to regain momentum by keeping their emotions in check and staying steady. If the Texans try to emulate the hare, they lose.

Today, Texans you must become one with the turtle! The turtle wins every time I have read the book!

Wolf 10-09-2011 10:50 AM

I think ward and Tate are inactive today

80tothezone 10-09-2011 11:02 AM

Eff all that GO TEXANS!