Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85017)

disaacks3 09-18-2011 12:31 AM

Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

Let's get this thing started! Texans 2-0.

Brandon420tx 09-18-2011 12:45 AM

Re: Houston Texans V Miami Aquatic Mammals Game Day thread

I'm superstitious about gameday thread titles, when the opposing teams name is made fun of I feel like we're going to play badly. AHHH save me

alphajoker 09-18-2011 01:06 AM

I would love to see another game dominated by the Texans but I think it may be close. Hope I'm wrong and our boys whip some ass!

Ryan 09-18-2011 01:48 AM

Change this thread title immediately. :panic:

kiwitexansfan 09-18-2011 03:25 AM

Calm yourself gentleman.

Last weeks thread referred to the Colts as the ponies if I recall correctly and we know how that ended..... maybe we are onto something for this season.

Carr Bombed 09-18-2011 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon420tx (Post 1777270)
I'm superstitious about gameday thread titles, when the opposing teams name is made fun of I feel like we're going to play badly. AHHH save me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpFdAFOFCoI

Does that help? :)

Thorn 09-18-2011 06:49 AM

I don't like afternoon or evening games. As a fan, I like my games starting right at noon on Sunday. meh....it's game day, I guess I should stop bitching about stuff and go mix up some koolaid.

Texans 37
Miami 17

Go Texans!!!!! :logo:

False Start 09-18-2011 08:28 AM

Damn 3 o'clock games.....:hurryup:

Texans - 24
Flippers - 21

CloakNNNdagger 09-18-2011 08:32 AM

~

Did anyone catch the Hurricanes/Buckeye game last night? At the beginning of the game, the field already looked bad. There were lifted areas of turf throughout, the entire central 10 yd portion of the entire length of the field were worn to a nubbin and there was exposed dirt on one side of the field between the EZ and the 10 yd line. During the game, you could see chunks of grass flying on many of the plays. By the end of the game, the field
looked like baby shovels had been used to till the earth.

The present forecast for game time conditions:

*40% chance of thunderstorms
*~90 degree
*100% humidity
*~15 mph winds (not including gusts)

Here's to getting out of Miami with a win................and, as important, without additional injuries.

jaayteetx 09-18-2011 08:35 AM

Re: ~

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 1777351)
Did anyone catch the Hurricanes/Buckeye game last night? At the beginning of the game, the field already looked bad. There were lifted areas of turf throughout, the entire central 10 yd portion of the entire length of the field were worn to a nubbin and there was exposed dirt on one side of the field between the EZ and the 10 yd line. During the game, you could see chunks of grass flying on many of the plays. By the end of the game, the field
looked like baby shovels had been used to till the earth.

The present forecast for game time conditions:

*40% chance of thunderstorms
*~90 degree
*100% humidity
*~15 mph winds (not including gusts)

Here's to getting out of Miami with a win................and, as important, without additional injuries.

That has me worried too, maybe the reason for the later start is to get the field in better shape? Or maybe they brought in some new sod after the game last night? I sure hope so.

Trail.Blazr 09-18-2011 08:58 AM

Put your minds at ease... I got this one.

After returning from a two week west coast trip, instead of hanging out with my kids at home and cleaning up hiking gear and getting rested up for a normal week, my phins bud had indicated that We have always watched the game together in the full history of texans-dolphins game, so when I hinted reluctance to a game day invite at his place, it was pointed out that my absence would guarantee a break in the cosmic alignment that has kept the texans' record flawless against the phins.

The immediate realization that so much was hanging in the balance, I relented and am taking one for the team... so while I'm subjecting myself to witnessing yet another whine-bag dolphin fan cry about the start up texans being lucky, or insert whatever excuse you can think of, by 6pm, you all should be merrily celebrating your asses off, looking forward to a week 3 opportunity for this team to exceed it's last year's attempt at the perfect season!

btw... for anyone willing to help me... text me anytime the texans score. so my cellphone blows up with the sound of "football time in houston" :koolaid:

jaayteetx 09-18-2011 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _superMario90_ (Post 1777361)
Put your minds at ease... I got this one.

After returning from a two week west coast trip, instead of hanging out with my kids at home and cleaning up hiking gear and getting rested up for a normal week, my phins bud had indicated that We have always watched the game together in the full history of texans-dolphins game, so when I hinted reluctance to a game day invite at his place, it was pointed out that my absence would guarantee a break in the cosmic alignment that has kept the texans' record flawless against the phins.

The immediate realization that so much was hanging in the balance, I relented and am taking one for the team... so while I'm subjecting myself to witnessing yet another whine-bag dolphin fan cry about the start up texans being lucky, or insert whatever excuse you can think of, by 6pm, you all should be merrily celebrating your asses off, looking forward to a week 3 opportunity for this team to exceed it's last year's attempt at the perfect season!

btw... for anyone willing to help me... text me at 336-451-7953 anytime the texans score. so my cellphone blows up with the sound of "football time in houston" :koolaid:

wow...i hope you have unlimited texting

HJam72 09-18-2011 10:02 AM

Texans for Cruelty to Aquatic Mammals. :fans:

CloakNNNdagger 09-18-2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1777353)
That has me worried too, maybe the reason for the later start is to get the field in better shape? Or maybe they brought in some new sod after the game last night? I sure hope so.

The start time has been set long time ago. The rain is not expected to be significant until the early afternoon. There was a much longer field prep time from the Pats game to the Buckeye's game.......and the field still looked like heck from the beginning.

Keep in mind, new sod needs time to "set." If they laid new sod list night or this morning, it will be sliding off its base like an omelet on a greased skillet.:mcnugget:

jaayteetx 09-18-2011 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CloakNNNdagger (Post 1777387)
The start time has been set long time ago. The rain is not expected to be significant until the early afternoon. There was a much longer field prep time from the Pats game to the Buckeye's game.......and the field still looked like heck from the beginning.

Keep in mind, new sod needs time to "set." If they laid new sod list night or this morning, it will be sliding off its base like an omelet on a greased skillet.:mcnugget:

well, aren't you full of sunshines and rainbows this morning doc? hope we don't get any injuries cause of this sorry field.

brakos82 09-18-2011 10:44 AM

Hey I like the later start times.

Signed, doesn't like being up at 10am. :heh:

Topher 09-18-2011 10:48 AM

http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r...50/Dolphin.jpg

Wolf 09-18-2011 10:54 AM

I washed my Texans hat this week ..WTF was I thinking? damn superstitions
:thud:

thunderkyss 09-18-2011 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexMexVato (Post 1777281)
I would love to see another game dominated by the Texans but I think it may be close. Hope I'm wrong and our boys whip some ass!

I want to see 110% for 60 minutes. Whether we win, lose, dominate is a secondary concern.

I just think giving everything, with the team we've got, we'll end up winning more than not.

CloakNNNdagger 09-18-2011 11:46 AM

I'm still not comfortable with Manning returning kicks. Jerry Jones was not happy with his HC for putting Bryant in as a returner to begin with.......then he gets injured. And now Jones is hopping mad. Everything's fine in taking chances with your key players (and I'm not just referring to Manning).........until it leads to an injury.