Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Upset Special (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84988)

JCTexan 09-16-2011 06:55 PM

Upset Special

I am in a survivor league where I have to pick an underdog each week. Which got me thinking it would be kind of fun to see who people on this board see getting upset each week.

In the league I'm going with Oakland over Buffalo... I picked them last week over Denver in the pick-em league and I'm liking that DMC-Bush combo at RB. I'm not too sold on Buffalo yet either. Any thoughts on this pick, and are there any upset picks you guys see happening this week?

Dutchrudder 09-16-2011 07:08 PM

Re: Upset Special

Quote:

Favored Buf Det Bal Cle Min NO NYJ Pit Was GB Dal Den Hou NE Phi NYG

Underdog Oak KC Ten Ind TB Chi Jac Sea Ari Car SF Cin Mia SD Atl StL
I would say the upsets this week are Oakland, Indy over Cle, Chicago over NO, SF over Dallas, and Atlanta over Philly

JCTexan 09-16-2011 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1776618)
I would say the upsets this week are Oakland, Indy over Cle, Chicago over NO, SF over Dallas, and Atlanta over Philly

I agree with the SF & Indy picks. I also have Tampa Bay beating Minnesota. New Orleans has had ten days to prepare for this game and it's at home. I see a win for NO.

Dutchrudder 09-16-2011 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 1776622)
I agree with the SF & Indy picks. I also have Tampa Bay beating Minnesota. New Orleans has had ten days to prepare for this game and it's at home. I see a win for NO.

I don't think TB's all that great. They are hyped a bit thanks to an easy schedule last year. This year... well I dunno, but I like AP against their defense.

JCTexan 09-18-2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1776618)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1778711)
So far, I'm 13/14 this week. Only mistake was picking the Ravens, which I'm sure everyone else did too :)

What to believe? Obviously you went with Tampa Bay, Dallas, Buffalo, New Orleans & Cleveland this week in pick-em. Did you not really believe the upsets you picked or what?

Dutchrudder 09-18-2011 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 1778757)
What to believe? Obviously you went with Tampa Bay, Dallas, Buffalo, New Orleans & Cleveland this week in pick-em. Did you not really believe the upsets you picked or what?

Oh, I didn't even look at that for the pick'em. I made those picks on Tuesday. I'm in so many fantasy things that I don't really spend much time thinking about the pickem and survivor games. I just go with gut instinct initially and leave it be.

JCTexan 09-18-2011 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1778863)
Oh, I didn't even look at that for the pick'em. I made those picks on Tuesday. I'm in so many fantasy things that I don't really spend much time thinking about the pickem and survivor games. I just go with gut instinct initially and leave it be.

Understandable, I just knew you went with a lot of the same upsets I had in this thread and didn't end up going with it in the pick-em league.

I might start going with fewer upsets. I had four picked & only one ended up happening (TB winning).

Dutchrudder 09-18-2011 11:53 PM

I went with Atlanta and Tampa for upsets. Not really sure why, but meh.

brakos82 09-19-2011 12:02 AM

2 out of 3 on my 'dogs today, and 13/15 overall. Good day.

Dutchrudder 09-19-2011 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 1778868)
Understandable, I just knew you went with a lot of the same upsets I had in this thread and didn't end up going with it in the pick-em league.

I might start going with fewer upsets. I had four picked & only one ended up happening (TB winning).

Now I remember what this was all about, your OP said you had to pick one upset this week. I was listing the upsets I would pick from if I was in that league. Sorry for the confusion.

JCTexan 09-24-2011 01:39 AM

I'm going with Atlanta as my upset this week, though I don't really see them as an underdog against Tampa Bay. This isn't the week I'm going with fewer upsets as I have five picked in the pick-em league.