Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Cmon in Colt fan! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84746)

DBCooper 09-08-2011 02:53 PM

Cmon in Colt fan!

Alright Colt fans, we need some smack!

Here, I'll give y'all the first one:

Colt fan: "We don't need Peyton to beat the Texans, Indiana's girls softball team could beat em!"

HJam72 09-10-2011 01:53 PM

Re: Cmon in Colt fan!

Honestly, I signed up for forums.colts.com today and talked just a little smack. Saw where somebody made predictions for the game that I didn't agree with, so I told 'em what I thought. Frankly, they're too civilized to argue with. Ain't gonna happen. Some of them (not many as many as you'd think) are still expected a marginal win; but, other than that, they just don't care to argue. Everybody posts their opinion and has no comment on anyone else's (so far anyway). It ain't like a few other teams in our division...

Granted, I wasn't really rude or anything, but my predictions (Ward/Tate/Slaton for 250 & Collins on the ground a lot) were pretty blunt compared to theirs....and I got no response....except "Hope our running game can keep Collins healthy," LOL.

What're ya gonna do? Gotta give 'em props for self-control. :shrug:

DBCooper 09-10-2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 1771454)
Honestly, I signed up for forums.colts.com today and talked just a little smack. Saw where somebody made predictions for the game that I didn't agree with, so I told 'em what I thought. Frankly, they're too civilized to argue with. Ain't gonna happen. Some of them (not many as many as you'd think) are still expected a marginal win; but, other than that, they just don't care to argue. Everybody posts their opinion and has no comment on anyone else's (so far anyway). It ain't like a few other teams in our division...

Granted, I wasn't really rude or anything, but my predictions (Ward/Tate/Slaton for 250 & Collins on the ground a lot) were pretty blunt compared to theirs....and I got no response....except "Hope our running game can keep Collins healthy," LOL.

I bet they grow some cojones if they start winning this season.

Ryan 09-10-2011 04:55 PM

The people on coltfreaks really live up to their name. If they're not throwing racial slurs or stereotypes or negative attitudes towards opposing fans, they're saying them to their own guys. Crazy how one injury can affect the psyche of their fanbase.

edo783 09-10-2011 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 1771507)
The people on coltfreaks really live up to their name. If they're not throwing racial slurs or stereotypes or negative attitudes towards opposing fans, they're saying them to their own guys. Crazy how one injury can affect the psyche of their fanbase.

Well, just imagine all the wailing and nashing of teeth that would go on here if Matt went down for the season. Same for every team. lose the starting QB and you are screwed and they won't be going to even be using the boy butter. In this case, the guy is one of the all time greats and has an even more effect on the team than the usual starting QB does.

Thorn 09-10-2011 10:54 PM

I've been posting a bit on the Coltsfreaks BBS. They attack each other more than the Texan fans that have been posting there. They seem like nice enough folks to me.

whiskeyrbl 09-11-2011 08:32 AM

Yeah for the most part the Colt fans are pretty cool. You have your occasional a hole but most just like to talk football.

DocBar 09-11-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HJam72 (Post 1771454)

I was posting at Colts freaks and they ain't like that. U should check them out.

HJam72 09-11-2011 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DocBar (Post 1772871)
I was posting at Colts freaks and they ain't like that. U should check them out.

I just did and they're RAILING at each other, LOL.

I might have picked a lesser-used forum to register with before.

Showtime100 09-11-2011 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whiskeyrbl (Post 1771776)
Yeah for the most part the Colt fans are pretty cool. You have your occasional a hole but most just like to talk football.

Yeah, I'll buy that but I get tired of the "your Super Bowl" thing. I get tired because it's what I would say if I were them. I has some traction but this year I see it differently, even before today.

I get a different vibe from the Texans and let's get real, outside of the AFC South how many knew to even bother to look at how bad the Colts are without Manning? Not many from my perch.

Based on what I saw at coltsfreak, they came to realize they, yes, suck.

Having said that there were some that would not give credit to the Texans.

Aaaah hell, they weren't any worse than anybody else would be after realizing they are now, just a team, warts and all.