Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   James Casey...Fantasy Sleeper? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84371)

El Tejano 08-25-2011 12:01 PM

James Casey...Fantasy Sleeper?

So I'm looking over the Saints game and James Casey has me a little curious about drafting him. I noticed the kind of match up problem he presents by being in the backfield and then going wide. I noticed he got alot of attention over the last two games. Nothing earth shattering but he kind of showed to be another safety valve for Schaub. Could James Casey actually be a decent pick up in fantasy? If so, how is he going to be listed, FB or TE?

dc_txtech 08-25-2011 12:32 PM

Re: James Casey...Fantasy Sleeper?

Yahoo has him listed as a TE. Do not want.

thunderkyss 08-25-2011 12:41 PM

Foster, Daniels, Andre, Jacoby, Dressen, Tate, Ward, Casey.....

I'm not sure about the order of the first seven guys, but I'm pretty sure Casey is at best the 8th option on this team.

Pass

Ω

Rey 08-25-2011 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1759943)

I'm not sure about the order of the first seven guys, but I'm pretty sure Casey is at best the 8th option on this team.

Pass

Ω

Casey will probably be On the field as much or more as all of those guys except the obvious 3 on your list.

But I don't see him as a big time fantasy guy.

dream_team 08-25-2011 01:42 PM

I was thinking the same exact thing. I think he's a sleeper worth watching, but not drafting.

If Kubiak wants a better blocker, Vickers should start. But if Casey gets the nod, I assume it's because of his receiving skills. He'd be awesome for play action TDs at the goal-line.

Texans34Life 08-25-2011 02:37 PM

Umm, no.

First, Vickers will be taking his spot at FB when the season rolls on. So when Casey goes back to TE, he'll be behind Daniels and Joel D.

Unless Kubiak run 10 TEs out there with no backfield (which I wouldn't be surprised), Casey is a fantasy dud.

Dutchrudder 08-25-2011 04:23 PM

I think the Saint's Jimmy Graham is the best TE sleeper, assuming people don't know about him.

Other than that, Greg Olsen, Zach Miller or Ben Watson are the other TE sleepers on my boards.

SheTexan 08-25-2011 04:35 PM

JC is one of my fav TEXAN players, but, he won't be on my FF team! I've played FF over 20 yrs, and won more than I've lost, so I'm not a dud at picking fantasy players just because i'm a woman. He won't get ya needed points. JMO!

Blake 08-25-2011 04:47 PM

I've seen Marcedes Lewis going pretty late. Dude had 700 yards and 10 TD's I think. Pretty good for a guy getting picked in the 10th round.

Dutchrudder 08-25-2011 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 1760105)
I've seen Marcedes Lewis going pretty late. Dude had 700 yards and 10 TD's I think. Pretty good for a guy getting picked in the 10th round.

Really? I did a draft last night and he went 64th overall.

dc_txtech 08-25-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1760157)
Really? I did a draft last night and he went 64th overall.

I got him at pick 117 in my money league. Yahoo has him at 115 ADP. I would say whoever picked him in your league made a gigantic reach.

Dutchrudder 08-25-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 1760200)
I got him at pick 117 in my money league. Yahoo has him at 115 ADP. I would say whoever picked him in your league made a gigantic reach.

It was a run on TE's, and someone got nervous. Not a big deal in the 6th, but he may get more targets this year without SimsWalker.

Ryan 08-26-2011 03:15 AM

Valid contributors to the team and the fantasy world don't always go hand in hand. I think he can create matchup problems and be used as a great decoy out of the backfield, ala Reggie Bush.

El Tejano 09-07-2011 04:34 PM

I couldn't help it. I picked up Casey with my last pick in our draft. He's backing up Graham from New Orleans.

thunderkyss 09-12-2011 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1759943)

Pass

Ω

I may very well have been wrong here. Looks like Kubiak has a whole chapter in the play-book for this guy.

Dutchrudder 09-12-2011 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1773483)
I may very well have been wrong here. Looks like Kubiak has a whole chapter in the play-book for this guy.

Casey had 3 catches for 29 yards. That's nothing in terms of fantasy football.

eriadoc 09-12-2011 10:27 AM

Casey had a play yesterday (think it was the Ward TD) where he absolutely destroyed the LB he was blocking. Then he had the one where he got knocked into the backfield and killed the run.

Neither of those show up on a FF stat sheet. :)

Ryan 09-12-2011 11:34 AM

This guy is a mismatch problem no doubt about it, and if there was a FB position in fantasy, i'd probably take him. He moves all around the field, catches balls, and devastates would-be tacklers. Beast!

thunderkyss 09-12-2011 11:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1773508)
Casey had 3 catches for 29 yards. That's nothing in terms of fantasy football.

It's only week one. I'm just saying it looks like he is going to be a bigger & bigger part of this offense as we go forward.

thunderkyss 09-25-2011 03:50 PM

Just to reiterate, I was way wrong about Casey as a fantasy sleeper.

5 catches, 126 yards & a TD so far.