Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   So, umm, anyone else think... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83243)

jaayteetx 07-23-2011 12:52 PM

So, umm, anyone else think...

That Saints fans are turning into Cowboy fans? Win one Super Bowl and they just totally forget about the record of futility that franchise has had since its inception.

TimeKiller 07-23-2011 12:59 PM

Re: So, umm, anyone else think...

I don't think we should be talking too much about 'em.....

But really, what else do people in NOLA have to be happy about?

Allstar 07-23-2011 01:00 PM

Most of their "fans" have probably only followed them since their Super Bowl victory.

NitroGSXR 07-23-2011 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1728926)
That Saints fans are turning into Cowboy fans? Win one Super Bowl and they just totally forget about the record of futility that franchise has had since its inception.

When the Texans win the big one, you can bank on me sporting the d*uchebag routine.

DBCooper 07-24-2011 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroGSXR (Post 1728998)
When the Texans win the big one, you can bank on me sporting the d*uchebag routine.

A new one?

I kid, I kid!

TheMatrix31 07-24-2011 06:29 PM

I can't stand Saints fans either. High obnoxious and annoying on the other board I frequent. And that Who Dat shit needs to die a slow, painful death.

NitroGSXR 07-24-2011 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBCooper (Post 1729397)
A new one?

I kid, I kid!

Granted but I'm talking a Cowboy fan level of obnoxious d*uchebaggery...

False Start 07-24-2011 07:13 PM

I have a cousin who is a Saint's fan, then I have a cousin who is a BIG time Dallas fan...I would rather hang out with the Cowboys fan. That's pretty damn bad.

Caleb and all his little Saints "fan" buddies, (who are from Houston born and raised BTW), think they are the best team in the history of the universe. They are arrogant as hell too. The majority of New Orleans fans I've met have the same attitude.

I'm not saying I wouldn't be proud as hell and a little boisterous if the Texans ever won a SB (:lol:) It's just I know when, and when not to brag about certain subjects, such as my team's history of being horrible proceeding a SB win. :ahhaha:

Showtime100 07-24-2011 07:19 PM

Mind boggling they had this attitude from the start, let alone after last year.

brakos82 07-24-2011 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Showtime100 (Post 1729418)
Mind boggling they had this attitude from the start, let alone after last year.

*cue Lynch "super mario" run*

thunderkyss 07-24-2011 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1728926)

As a Texans fan, I envy the Saints.

Were I a Saints fan I would be proud of what that team has done since the Jim Haslett era....

You can't expect to win the SuperBowl every year. But to get to the play-offs frequently, to be viewed as a winning franchise, which they are now......

I think that is plenty to feel proud about.

That said, if I were putting my success up against the Steelers or Patriots, I would bow out of the comparison..... But there are plenty of teams I would laude that SuperBowl victory over..... the Panthers, the Bucs, the Falcons, just to name a few.

Dutchrudder 07-25-2011 12:25 PM

The Saints were great last year!

http://smartasssports.com/wp-content...playoff-td.jpg