Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   2011 Top RBs Fantasy Football (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83089)

thunderkyss 07-15-2011 10:49 PM

2011 Top RBs Fantasy Football

So,

Who are your top ten RBs for 2011?

Lucky 07-15-2011 11:32 PM

Re: 2011 Top RBs Fantasy Football

1) Arian Foster - He's complete. He plays in a top offense. And he was head and shoulders the best fantasy RB in 2010. What's changed?
2) Adrian Peterson - I'm concerned about the lack of a passing game to take the pressure off of Peterson. Still, he's good for 1300+ yds and 15 TDs.
3) Chris Johnson - He's had results without a passing game to back him up. I'm worried about an extended holdout, more than anything.
4) Peyton Hillis - I think the Browns will have more scoring opportunities in 2011, and that means more TDs for Hillis.
5) Jamaal Charles - He had a monster 2010, but he doesn't get the red zone touches.
6) Maurice Jones-Drew - Is MJD beginning to wear down? The Jags need to limit his touches.
7) Michael Turner - If he were a 3 down back, I'd rank him much higher.
8) Rashard Mendenhall - Solid, but not flashy.
9) Matt Forte - A safe pick, good for 1500+ total yards and 10 TDs.
10) Ray Rice - Will the Ravens finally give Rice some red zone touches? If so, I would put Rice 3 or 4 spots higher.

dc_txtech 07-19-2011 12:00 PM

1. Foster
2. Peterson
3. Johnson
4. MJD
5. Charles
6. Mendenhall
7. MCcoy
8. Hillis
9. Turner
10. Rice

Dutchrudder 07-19-2011 01:20 PM

Too early to evaluate them. Need to see what happens in free agency. If Leach leaves the Texans, I'd drop Foster to the bottom of the top 10.

dc_txtech 07-19-2011 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1726534)
Too early to evaluate them. Need to see what happens in free agency. If Leach leaves the Texans, I'd drop Foster to the bottom of the top 10.

True, I'm sure my top ten will change drastically by the time my draft comes around. Hell, it's changed in the couple of hours since I wrote it.

Still fun to think about.

Texecutioner 07-19-2011 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1726534)

You're right that it's to early, but you could still do one for these current circumstances. Might be interesting to see how things change.

I'll make mine later as I don't have the time.

I disagree that Leach being gone would put Foster at the bottom of the top ten. You have to remember that the Texans could possibly end up with a guy that's pretty effective to replace him. I think you'd need to see at least one season without Leach to think him being gone with impact Foster's production that much. I think that a healthy Ben Tate will effect Foster's production more than anything if Tate ends up being pretty good and that would be a good thing.

Allstar 07-19-2011 06:23 PM

If the Texans are in the red zone, you can bet your bottom dollar that Foster is getting the ball. He will get TDs.

thunderkyss 07-22-2011 07:06 PM

I see Foster is number one on some of your lists.

Some sites has Jamaal Charles #1.

How much does last seasons' production play in your current rankings?

How much is based on factors such as talent, OL, coaching?

Does anyone think Foster or Charles is as talented, or more talented than Peterson & Johnson?

Texecutioner 07-22-2011 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1728653)
I see Foster is number one on some of your lists.

Some sites has Jamaal Charles #1.

How much does last seasons' production play in your current rankings?

How much is based on factors such as talent, OL, coaching?

Does anyone think Foster or Charles is as talented, or more talented than Peterson & Johnson?

I think that Charles and Chris Johnson are equally as talented. They are the same type of runners.

I think Peterson is better than Foster, since AP has done it longer and has been that guy for years now. However, he hasn't seemed quite as dominant in the last two years when I watched him in games. Foster looked a little bit better in my eyes by watching him last season and the Texans didn't exactly have the best O line in the league either. I don't think that Foster will be a one year wonder like Slaton was. He isn't flashy, but he sees the holes extremely well and is very sturdy. He might possibly surpass AP by the end of this season if he can duplicate what he did last year.

Over all if I had to pick one RB out of all of these right now I'm taking Charles though. He's the ultimate HR hitter to me with the ball in space. When you hear most of the players around the league talk though, the majority seems to think that AP is the best guy period. From a FF standpoint, I think that Foster is the best choice because of the offense he plays in. Don't sleep on Lesean McCoy though for next season.

Dutchrudder 07-25-2011 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 1726599)
True, I'm sure my top ten will change drastically by the time my draft comes around. Hell, it's changed in the couple of hours since I wrote it.

Still fun to think about.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1726687)
You're right that it's to early, but you could still do one for these current circumstances. Might be interesting to see how things change.

I'll make mine later as I don't have the time.

I disagree that Leach being gone would put Foster at the bottom of the top ten. You have to remember that the Texans could possibly end up with a guy that's pretty effective to replace him. I think you'd need to see at least one season without Leach to think him being gone with impact Foster's production that much. I think that a healthy Ben Tate will effect Foster's production more than anything if Tate ends up being pretty good and that would be a good thing.

I can agree with the sentiment, but when I study for fantasy football, I don't just sit around and think about what these guys will do. I'll take into account how the team's chemistry will change with the addition of new players (Falcons getting #2 WR = less rushes), loss of players (LEACH!!!), change in offensive schemes or OCs (Browns' Hillis should have an average year), injury potential and defensive strength of schedule. It's just a lot of work to go through for something that I won't really begin until rosters are set for the most part.

So here's my 'half-hearted' list of RBs as it stands now:

1. AP (Run-first team with rookie QB)
2. CJ (Run-first team with rookie QB)
3. Charles (Matt Cassel will continue to suck)
4. McCoy (LeSean coupled with Vick opens up a lot of field for him to run)
5. Foster (I think he will see quite a few less carries, and Ward and Tate should get more carries for the Three Headed Monster known as "The Tardster")
6. Rice (Flacco's not a great QB, but he gets the ball to Rice a lot because of that. Rice ought to be top 5 RB in PPR leagues)
7. Mendenhall (Seems about right for him, slight improvement from last year)
8. MJD (I have trouble putting him here, I think he starts to break down in 2011)
9. Steven Jackson (Still waiting for this guy to fall apart, but he's a solid 8-12 RB each year)
10. Matt Forte (Should have remarkable improvement behind new O-line draftees. Had great averages last year, but not enough attempts)

b0ng 08-03-2011 09:16 AM

Mojo is way too low on most of these lists. You know he's going to get at least 300+ carries this season unless he is dead and he is a great pass catching threat too (if you are playing in a PPR league he's going to be #1 with probably Arian being #2).

Rey 08-03-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1729809)
I can agree with the sentiment, but when I study for fantasy football, I don't just sit around and think about what these guys will do. I'll take into account how the team's chemistry will change with the addition of new players (Falcons getting #2 WR = less rushes), loss of players (LEACH!!!), change in offensive schemes or OCs (Browns' Hillis should have an average year), injury potential and defensive strength of schedule. It's just a lot of work to go through for something that I won't really begin until rosters are set for the most part.

So here's my 'half-hearted' list of RBs as it stands now:

1. AP (Run-first team with rookie QB)
2. CJ (Run-first team with rookie QB)
3. Charles (Matt Cassel will continue to suck)
4. McCoy (LeSean coupled with Vick opens up a lot of field for him to run)
5. Foster (I think he will see quite a few less carries, and Ward and Tate should get more carries for the Three Headed Monster known as "The Tardster")
6. Rice (Flacco's not a great QB, but he gets the ball to Rice a lot because of that. Rice ought to be top 5 RB in PPR leagues)
7. Mendenhall (Seems about right for him, slight improvement from last year)
8. MJD (I have trouble putting him here, I think he starts to break down in 2011)
9. Steven Jackson (Still waiting for this guy to fall apart, but he's a solid 8-12 RB each year)
10. Matt Forte (Should have remarkable improvement behind new O-line draftees. Had great averages last year, but not enough attempts)

Are you saying mcnabb won't start in minny?

El Tejano 08-03-2011 09:58 AM

I will continue to go with Steven Jackson until he proves to me he is no longer the man. Gets me in the playoffs every year.

b0ng 08-03-2011 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 1742347)
I will continue to go with Steven Jackson until he proves to me he is no longer the man. Gets me in the playoffs every year.

The Rams signed somebody thats pretty good to go with SJax, I can't remember who it is now.

dc_txtech 08-03-2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 1742317)
Mojo is way too low on most of these lists. You know he's going to get at least 300+ carries this season unless he is dead and he is a great pass catching threat too (if you are playing in a PPR league he's going to be #1 with probably Arian being #2).

He's never been #1 in his career, I doubt if he does it now coming off back to back 300 carry seasons.

I think MJD is a hell of back but I also think there are better choices in the top 5.

dc_txtech 08-03-2011 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1742332)

I believe that was written before Mcnabb signed with the Vikings.

Dutchrudder 08-03-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1742332)

I wrote that before the trade went down. I still don't think they do much passing with their terrible WRs. Percy Harvin is the #1 there? Bleh. Watch for Peterson to have the best season of his career.

thunderkyss 08-19-2011 03:40 PM

What would yall say if someone picked Michael Turner with the #2 pick in the draft?

Dutchrudder 08-19-2011 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thunderkyss (Post 1755335)
What would yall say if someone picked Michael Turner with the #2 pick in the draft?

I would say they are a HUGE Falcons fan, or a huge dumbass. If I had the #3 pick, I would encourage them to stick with their gut instincts in the future.

thunderkyss 08-19-2011 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dutchrudder (Post 1755341)
I would say they are a HUGE Falcons fan, or a huge dumbass. If I had the #3 pick, I would encourage them to stick with their gut instincts in the future.

:ouch:

:embarrass:

:backsout: