Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The National Football League (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Forbes says Jags are worth less (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83051)

z_man57 07-14-2011 03:37 PM

Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
According to Forbes Magazine the Jaguars are the least valuable team in the NFL.

The Cowboys come in at #1 in the NFL (#2 worldwide) at $1.81 billion.

The AFC South shapes up like this:

Texans $1.17 billion (#5 NFL, #9 world)
Colts $1.04 billion (#11 NFL, #16 world)
Titans $994 million (#18 NFL, #24 world)
Jaguars $725 million (#32 NFL, #45 world)

Manchester United (the other Futbol) leads the world as the most valuable sports franchise at a staggering $1.86 billion.

One little bright spot for the worth less Jags:
They still beat out all NBA and NHL teams in value. :hurrah:

BIG TORO 07-14-2011 03:47 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
I think raking 5 and 10 in the world is pretty damn good for a franchise thats only been around since 02. Good job BOB!

Double Barrel 07-14-2011 03:49 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Can you imagine what the Texans would be worth if they actually won something??

Their marketing department is simply badass.

Lucky 07-14-2011 09:59 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1724122)
Their marketing department is simply badass.

Houston football fans are badass.

Thank you, Bob. And you're welcome. Now, let's win some football games.

TEXANRED 07-14-2011 10:05 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1724122)
Can you imagine what the Texans would be worth if they actually won something??

Their marketing department is simply badass.

Didn't you say that the Texans are a marketing department with a football team?

Double Barrel 07-15-2011 11:24 AM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lucky (Post 1724268)
Houston football fans are badass.

Now let's not get emotional. This is a fanbase that could not be bothered to lift a finger in protest when we were losing an NFL team. :winky:

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEXANRED (Post 1724272)
Didn't you say that the Texans are a marketing department with a football team?

That was a Vinny quote. Gone, but not forgotten. :vinny:

False Start 07-15-2011 11:31 AM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Those tarps are gonna be pissed... :kitten:

Wolf 07-15-2011 11:40 AM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
:kitten:

practice uniforms
http://www.tailgatingideas.com/wp-co...rain_usage.jpg

they will be in L.A. in no time
http://skeltonfarms.com/images/tarped%20load.jpg

b0ng 07-15-2011 04:16 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Yes I can totally see now how the NFL is losing money :rolleyes:

Wolf 07-15-2011 04:39 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
I don't know about anyone else, but every time I read the title of this thread I read it as "worthless" not "worth less"

:kitten:

False Start 07-15-2011 04:46 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 1724657)
I don't know about anyone else, but every time I read the title of this thread I read it as "worthless" not "worth less"

:kitten:


Well, they both make sense. :fingergun:

TexanSam 07-15-2011 05:02 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Couldn't blame the owner of the Jags if he moved them to LA. They'd go from being the least valuable franchise to one of the most.

Lucky 07-15-2011 06:38 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexanSam (Post 1724665)
Couldn't blame the owner of the Jags if he moved them to LA. They'd go from being the least valuable franchise to one of the most.

The league would have something to say about that. Wayne Weaver may be able to sell his franchise to a group from LA (as long as that ownership group puts something into the NFL's kitty as well). But, he won't be able to just walk in and scoop up the rights to a LA franchise. Every owner will want to get paid something on that deal.

z_man57 07-16-2011 08:46 AM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf (Post 1724657)
I don't know about anyone else, but every time I read the title of this thread I read it as "worthless" not "worth less"

:kitten:

I must admit that was my intent...:dance3:

TD 07-16-2011 03:02 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1724505)
Now let's not get emotional. This is a fanbase that could not be bothered to lift a finger in protest when we were losing an NFL team. :winky:

Wouldn't it be great if that were true? We'd all be sitting around laughing at Bud and his worth-less Jacksonville Oilers right now. :D

TD 07-16-2011 03:07 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG TORO (Post 1724119)
I think raking 5 and 10 in the world is pretty damn good for a franchise thats only been around since 02. Good job BOB!

The Rockets are #5 in the NBA as well.

Astros are #14 in MLB. The new owner will have some work to do.

BIG TORO 07-16-2011 03:10 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TD (Post 1725032)
The Rockets are #5 in the NBA as well.

Astros are #14 in MLB. The new owner will have some work to do.

Yea I had read that the Rockets were pretty high up there as well. At least our Houston teams have some thing going for them!

dtran04 07-18-2011 12:43 AM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
I'm no valuation expert but I would assume the Texans costing nearly a billion in the first place when it started has most to do with it. There's no way they would lose hundreds of millions in 10 years.

IDEXAN 07-18-2011 10:51 AM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Just imagine how their value would jump with an announcement that the franchise is going to move to LA ?

Double Barrel 07-18-2011 12:41 PM

Re: Forbes says Jags are worth less
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TD (Post 1725030)
Wouldn't it be great if that were true? We'd all be sitting around laughing at Bud and his worth-less Jacksonville Oilers right now. :D

Hindsight is always 20/20, ain't it? If only we had let him go by calling his bluff back then. Although, he did admit that his regret was not letting Uncle Drayton move the Astros, because Bud would have gotten the new stadium deal and we'd have the 50th anniversary of the Houston Oilers and all that VY drama to ourselves...

Buck Fud. The Texans have done nothing relevant in a decade, but at least our owner is 1000x nicer than rughead.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger