Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=79154)

Shaft75 01-05-2011 06:24 PM

For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
We have been angry with the front office for years over this, a big body in the middle. This should be the year we get a big boy on the front line of our defense.

Let the sunshine in...
Let the sunshine in...

:clap:

b0ng 01-05-2011 06:26 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaft75 (Post 1629164)
We have been angry with the front office for years over this, a big body in the middle. This should be the year we get a big boy on the front line of our defense.

Let the sunshine in...
Let the sunshine in...

:clap:

Better hope it's a FA of some kind, because if they expect a rookie to come in and man the nose in a 3-4 it could be awfully ugly here again.

Shaft75 01-05-2011 06:27 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by b0ng (Post 1629166)
Better hope it's a FA of some kind, because if they expect a rookie to come in and man the nose in a 3-4 it could be awfully ugly here again.

Or trade. Bye bye Amobi!

ThaShark316 01-05-2011 06:29 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
I dunno...Jay Ratliff played 3-4 as their NT...at 6-4, 300...which isn't near the space eater that more 3-4s covet.

It's going to one interesting off-season.

J_R 01-05-2011 06:29 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...JPnP-DRGBaJCkA

Rey 01-05-2011 06:31 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Get a couple of fat bodies, but start Mario there. Let Amobi and Smith play the ends. That way you can start off upgrading your DB's and LB's and also upgrading your interior O-line and receivers...

ChampionTexan 01-05-2011 06:34 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaShark316 (Post 1629172)
I dunno...Jay Ratliff played 3-4 as their NT...at 6-4, 300...which isn't near the space eater that more 3-4s covet.

It's going to one interesting off-season.

Yeah, and at San Diego, he had 348 lb. (cough, cough) Jamal Williams.

Both Ratliff and Williams are/were pro-bowlers, so it will be interesting to see what we end up with. It's kind of nice to know that there's not just one kind of guy who can fit Wade's defense at that position.

ESAD2-14 01-05-2011 06:35 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 (Post 1629173)

LOL. Is that your nominee for Texans Space Eating NT?

:wadepalm:

ThaShark316 01-05-2011 06:36 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rey (Post 1629176)
Get a couple of fat bodies, but start Mario there. Let Amobi and Smith play the ends. That way you can start off upgrading your DB's and LB's and also upgrading your interior O-line and receivers...

Where on the interior line though? RG?

Center and Left Guard were great this year compared to years past.

JB 01-05-2011 06:55 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 (Post 1629180)
LOL. Is that your nominee for Texans Eating Pro-bowler?

:wadepalm:


Yep!

Fox 01-05-2011 07:12 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Mario agrees with you.

QUOTE
Williams also said the Texans will need to get a massive nose tackle to clog the middle to make a 3-4 alignment work.

"We've got big guys, but it's just a totally different animal," he said.


http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5992848

We need a beast in there.

DexmanC 01-05-2011 07:15 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HoustonSportsFan09 (Post 1629173)


Quote:

Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 (Post 1629180)
LOL. Is that your nominee for Texans Space Eating NT?

:wadepalm:

Looks like he's eatin' a whole lot more than space.

CretorFrigg 01-05-2011 07:18 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
We can probably sign this guy to a contract!

http://x63.xanga.com/1d8d76467713113...m100298517.jpg

DexmanC 01-05-2011 07:20 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 1629265)
We can probably sign this guy to a contract!

http://x63.xanga.com/1d8d76467713113...m100298517.jpg

Who ever puts food within 100 feet of this man within a 1-month period
needs to be brought-up on charges.

mexican_texan 01-05-2011 07:24 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by CretorFrigg (Post 1629265)
We can probably sign this guy to a contract!

http://x63.xanga.com/1d8d76467713113...m100298517.jpg

I was wondering whatever happened to Ron Dayne.

ThaShark316 01-05-2011 07:25 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DexmanC (Post 1629267)
Who ever puts food within 100 feet of this man within a 1-month period
needs to be brought-up on charges.

http://fun.resplace.net/Emoticons/Dead/DeadBanana.gif

ChampionTexan 01-05-2011 07:26 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DexmanC (Post 1629267)
Who ever puts food within 100 feet of this man within a 1-month period
needs to be brought-up on charges.

So should the next person to post that picture again.

Carr Bombed 01-05-2011 07:29 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
http://i207.photobucket.com/albums/b...e-guy-puke.gif

Why did y'all post that picture...

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 01-05-2011 07:31 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Offer a 5th round pick for Shaun Rogers.

Carr Bombed 01-05-2011 07:31 PM

Re: For the love of God... We NEED a space eating NT now more than ever!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS (Post 1629285)
Offer a 5th round pick for Shaun Rogers.

Yeah, I'd try to get Shaun Rogers.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger