Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Team Cowher (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77658)

silvrhand 11-15-2010 09:34 PM

Team Cowher
 
I'm sorry if everyone is picking a team I'm going with a winner..

Bill Cowher: Head Coach
OC: Kevin Gilbride
DC: Wade Phillips

Doh Kevin apparently has been interviewed a few times of late?

http://www.thegoodpoint.com/football...billcowher.jpg

HTown2ATX 11-15-2010 09:39 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrhand (Post 1581839)
I'm sorry if everyone is picking a team I'm going with a winner..

Bill Cowher: Head Coach
OC: Kevin Gilbride
DC: Wade Phillips

Doh Kevin apparently has been interviewed a few times of late?

Lol....can we get one of Gilbride's kids in here as OC and Rob Ryan as DC.... :evil:

Could go for a coordinator fight on the sidelines ala Buddy vs. Kevin....

:lol:

brakos82 11-15-2010 09:44 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Hoo-rah!

painekiller 11-15-2010 09:47 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by silvrhand (Post 1581839)
I'm sorry if everyone is picking a team I'm going with a winner..

Bill Cowher: Head Coach
OC: Kevin Gilbride
DC: Wade Phillips

Doh Kevin apparently has been interviewed a few times of late?

The trouble with Gilbride is his offense has no resemblance to a WCO. He uses a completely different playbook, and verbiage.

IMO no matter what HC you choose, try to bring in someone familar with the WCO so we can at least have some of our offensive strength.

I would try to go with your choices of Cowher for HC, and Wade Phillips for DC, and how about Brad Childress, he will be looking for a job come January and is a WCO guy.

Texecutioner 11-15-2010 09:52 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by HTown2ATX (Post 1581844)
Lol....can we get one of Gilbride's kids in here as OC and Rob Ryan as DC.... :evil:

Could go for a coordinator fight on the sidelines ala Buddy vs. Kevin....

:lol:

I know his son actually and he's working for the Giants as we speak. There was a nice article about him recently saying how impressed Coughlin has been with him. I don't think that Gilbride is going anywhere though. He'll probably stay as the OC, and young Gilbride will probably stay there with him as well until he gets more experience.

GuerillaBlack 11-15-2010 09:58 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
*salutes*

IlliniJen 11-15-2010 10:45 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
/puts on monocle

I do say, old chaps, I heartly approve of this thread and Sir Chin. May he beat a quick path to our fair city by the gulf.

DiehardChris 11-15-2010 10:48 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
I'll take Cowher if he can bring Dick LeBeau with him from Pittsburgh. Otherwise - meh. He's gonna be a big money coaching bust without that awesome D.C. he had.

TheMatrix31 11-15-2010 10:59 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
I'm down for Cowher/Whisenhunt/Grimm reunion, 3 out of 4 aint bad if LeBeau can't come.

Norg 11-15-2010 11:15 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Well we can dream while we are at it lets Get Peyton manning in here has QB

and lets pick up Larry Fitz has our #3 Wr :P

Hookem Horns 11-15-2010 11:16 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Giants fans call their OC Kevin Killdrive. Not sure what is so impressive about him.

Tonaaayyyy 11-15-2010 11:18 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
We could only dream.

TexCanada 11-15-2010 11:30 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
I would definitely want Cowher over Gruden. I just don't think Gruden could stop marveling over The Forehead long enough to actually coach a team.

brakos82 11-15-2010 11:32 PM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TexCanada (Post 1581939)
I would definitely want Cowher over Gruden. I just don't think Gruden could stop marveling over The Forehead long enough to actually coach a team.

:lol:

:grudenpalm

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/20...amd_gruden.jpg

closest I could find.

Txn_in_Oki 11-16-2010 12:22 AM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Cowher would be my pick. Fire and accountability is what this team needs. The more I see of Kubiak, the more I see Pardee. Just standing there clueless on the sideline.

My hope since the inception of this franchise was for Houston to win a Super Bowl before Bud dies. THat is the most perfect justice I can think of for what he has done. Every season that passes this just seems like less of a reality.

Brisco_County 11-16-2010 12:45 AM

Re: Team Cowher
 
One thing Cowher would bring to the table is his shrewdness in selecting his staff. His network is wide, and anyone he picks would be willing to work for him.

imatexan 11-16-2010 12:58 AM

Re: Team Cowher
 
I would LOVE to have my favorite coach ever in Bill Cowher be our head coach...when I say LOVE I mean it would be football coach heaven for me.

It is not going to happen though so no reason to dream because those dreams are not coming true.

silvrhand 11-16-2010 05:59 AM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Txn_in_ROK (Post 1581957)
Cowher would be my pick. Fire and accountability is what this team needs. The more I see of Kubiak, the more I see Pardee. Just standing there clueless on the sideline.

My hope since the inception of this franchise was for Houston to win a Super Bowl before Bud dies. THat is the most perfect justice I can think of for what he has done. Every season that passes this just seems like less of a reality.

Jack Pardee made it to the playoffs at least..

TheCD 11-16-2010 08:58 AM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imatexan (Post 1581966)
It is not going to happen though so no reason to dream because those dreams are not coming true.

Why do you say it's not a possibility. He has expressed interest in coaching our team in the past, and consistently talks about the talent level of our team. Heck, earlier this year he stated that Andre Johnson was the best player in the league...

For everyone talking about his Carolina roots, his wife did recently pass away. That might actually cause him to want a change of scenery from where he was living.

My point is that there have been statements of his interest for us in the past, but I have yet to see one thing that has stated his disinterest in our team.

b0ng 11-16-2010 09:02 AM

Re: Team Cowher
 
Somebody needs to do a few things for me before I would sign on for a Bill Cowher love fest:

1.) Why are the Houston Texans different from the other billion and a half team fan bases that think Cowher is coming there?

2.) Would Bob McNair actually pay a lot of money for a coach?

3.) I need a brief yet strong description of his mustache.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger