Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Stay classy Titans...stay classy (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76079)

jaayteetx 10-03-2010 12:52 PM

Stay classy Titans...stay classy

Like owner like coach, watching the tacks play the broncos and Chuck Cecil caught on camera giving the one finger salute to the refs. Really beginning to get a dislike for this team, god I hope we sweep them this year!

Brando 10-03-2010 01:18 PM

Re: Stay classy Titans...stay classy

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/w...8cba8-full.jpg

Brandon420tx 10-03-2010 01:36 PM

Whats the fine going to be?

Brando 10-03-2010 01:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon420tx (Post 1538869)
Whats the fine going to be?

Quote:

We mentioned it in the first item regarding the middle finger shown by Titans defensive coordinator Chuck Cecil to an official during today's game against the Broncos, but the situation merits further discussion.

Cecil could be looking at a vert significant fine.

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello tells us for now that the fine will depend on the circumstances.

The circumstances suggest it will be a stiff one. Though players usually get a small fine for such conduct (last week, Lions safety Louis Delmas drew a fine of only $5,000 for showing his middle finger to the Metrodome crowd), non-players experience more dramatic consequences.

Last year, Titans owner Bud Adams took a $250,000 fine for showing two middle fingers at a home game against the Bills. In the offseason, the Jets fined coach Rex Ryan $50,000 for giving a middle finger at an MMA event in South Florida.

Ryan was off the clock and away from any NFL-sanctioned event, on his own time. Cecil did it on the sideline at work and in plain view of the cameras. Indeed, the image was broadcast by CBS.

So, yes, it likely will be an expensive fine for Cecil.

Complicating matters for Cecil will be the fact that he previously has been arrested for DUI. Though Cecil pleaded guilty to reckless driving, ESPN's Chris Mortensen pointed out earlier today in the context of Jets receiver Braylon Edwards that Commissioner Roger Goodell has "intense disdain" for anyone who gets behind the wheel after a car after drinking alcohol.

from pft.com

texanhead08 10-03-2010 02:43 PM

That's pretty funny. The only better one is the Wyoming coach flipping the Utah coach off a couple years ago after he ran a fake punt up 50-0.

toronto 10-03-2010 03:33 PM

Maybe its my flu, but the only finger I want to give is to the team for losing a game they had no business losing.

Hookem Horns 10-03-2010 04:00 PM

That was a Titanic choke job today. The choking and the other garbage like what happened today are things I don't miss about that organization.

As they say "sheet" starts at the top and rolls down hill.

Hervoyel 10-03-2010 06:40 PM

So can we change that stupid nickname from CJ2K to "CJ3.8" because that's what that Lil Wayne impersonator is averaging per carry these days.

Ryan 10-03-2010 07:06 PM

It's mainly because teams do nothing but gameplan to stop him. VY doesn't really instill fear in the opposition.

Showtime100 10-03-2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1538828)
Like owner like coach, watching the tacks play the broncos and Chuck Cecil caught on camera giving the one finger salute to the refs. Really beginning to get a dislike for this team, god I hope we sweep them this year!

Too bad Pollard wasn't there. They'd have gotten some good audio too. :D

centexfan 10-03-2010 07:22 PM

Saw it during the day, just another thing I don't miss. Anybody know who exactly he was flipping off and what his beef was?

JB 10-03-2010 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by centexfan (Post 1540162)
Saw it during the day, just another thing I don't miss. Anybody know who exactly he was flipping off and what his beef was?

He was flippin' off the refs for a penalty against the defense in the red zone.

Texan_Bill 10-03-2010 10:53 PM

:lol: What asshats!!! Seriously, this is one dispicable owner and as someone else mentioned, shite rolls down hill!!

nero THE zero 10-04-2010 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1538828)

Beginning to? Where have you been for the past 10 years?

Dread-Head 10-04-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brando (Post 1538861)

:lol: Okay, as much as I dislike Bud and his team...I CAN'T be mad at this. I've flipped off referees more than once. Vugg it! I'm tippin' my hat to this chump. He only articulated what many of us think of NFL officiating.

Dread-Head 10-04-2010 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1540504)
:lol: What asshats!!! Seriously, this is one dispicable owner and as someone else mentioned, shite rolls down hill!!

Governor Bill, Homeboy was only doing his impression of Bud from the Texans/Titans game last year.

Paid for by the Texan Bill for Governor Campaign. Four more beers! four more beers!

ESAD2-14 10-04-2010 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 1540949)
Governor Bill, Homeboy was only doing his impression of Bud from the Texans/Titans game last year.

Paid for by the Texan Bill for Governor Campaign. Four more beers! four more beers!

Not one to correct a Predator, but I think that was the Titans/Bills game where Bud was giving the one finger wave with both hands.

Dread-Head 10-04-2010 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 (Post 1541275)
Not one to correct a Predator, but I think that was the Titans/Bills game where Bud was giving the one finger wave with both hands.

When you're right...you're right.

ESAD2-14 10-04-2010 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dread-Head (Post 1541279)
When you're right...you're right.

Although if it would have been @ Houston, can you imagine the shit storm that would have stirred up,considering how many loathe him already in this town.

Dread-Head 10-04-2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 (Post 1541298)
Although if it would have been @ Houston, can you imagine the shit storm that would have stirred up,considering how many loathe him already in this town.

The guy's not a nass hole...he's a whole ass.