Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76014)

eriadoc 10-01-2010 11:18 AM

Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
What is the etiquette in your league for proposing and/or declining trades? It seems like every year I am in a couple leagues where people don't trade and don't even respond to trade requests.

On the rare occasion that I get a trade request, I respond back with an e-mail or at least jot down a comment or two in the comments field if I decline it. I just think it's rude to not even reply. "No" is a perfectly acceptable answer ... complete and utter silence is not, IMO. Thoughts?

Blake 10-01-2010 11:27 AM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Some people don't realize they have a trade offer. Newbz. But just ignoring it for whatever reason is their prerogative. Dont send them another trade offer.

dc_txtech 10-01-2010 12:25 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
I'm not sure there is a proper etiquette for trades. I've had many a trade request ignored and I have done the same to others in the past. But I can see how it could be aggravating.

My advice is to do your best to take it in stride, not much you can do about it.

TheDrifter 10-01-2010 01:21 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Sometimes I'll explain.

But last week I got one that was so insultingly in his favor, I just quickly clicked no. Any kind of explanation would have turned into an incredibly rude rant.

Khari 10-01-2010 03:52 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
fantasy football has etiquette?

PapaL 10-01-2010 08:00 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Just click yes/no and move on...counter the trade if I really need it, if not just move on.

eriadoc 10-01-2010 08:06 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDrifter (Post 1537601)
Sometimes I'll explain.

But last week I got one that was so insultingly in his favor, I just quickly clicked no. Any kind of explanation would have turned into an incredibly rude rant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by PapaL (Post 1537938)
Just click yes/no and move on...counter the trade if I really need it, if not just move on.

I'm not even asking for an explanation. I'm just hoping the people will CLICK. NO. so I can move on and try to deal players.

Texecutioner 10-01-2010 08:12 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 1537500)
What is the etiquette in your league for proposing and/or declining trades? It seems like every year I am in a couple leagues where people don't trade and don't even respond to trade requests.

On the rare occasion that I get a trade request, I respond back with an e-mail or at least jot down a comment or two in the comments field if I decline it. I just think it's rude to not even reply. "No" is a perfectly acceptable answer ... complete and utter silence is not, IMO. Thoughts?

Yeah, I hate that. I always wish someone would give some kind of response as to why they won't do it or make a counter offer of some sort to see if an agreement can be made. I've always learned that certain people simply will never trade at all unless you're giving them a complete steal that is no way fair at all.

eriadoc 10-01-2010 08:24 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1537946)
Yeah, I hate that. I always wish someone would give some kind of response as to why they won't do it or make a counter offer of some sort to see if an agreement can be made. I've always learned that certain people simply will never trade at all unless you're giving them a complete steal that is no way fair at all.

Yeah, but even that is OK if they'd just click NO. The utter silence and complete lack of any response just pisses me off.

JB 10-01-2010 08:36 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by eriadoc (Post 1537952)
Yeah, but even that is OK if they'd just click NO. The utter silence and complete lack of any response just pisses me off.

This I agree with. The total lack of acknowledgement that an offer was even made. It ties up your roster and makes you wonder if you have pissed them off or they just not paying attention.

PapaL 10-01-2010 09:00 PM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
I guess I'm lucky. I've been in the same leagues with the same people for years. We'll normall txt/email about trades and just make it happen. Normally if one of them sends me an outrageous trade, testing my sobriety, they'll get an interesting response back hahaha...depending on sobriety hahaha.

Ckw 10-02-2010 10:42 AM

Re: Etiquette for Proposing/Declining Trades
 
Sounds like I would like to play fantasy football with some of you guys next year. I find it pretty irritating when someone can't at least click the "no" button when I propose a trade. Responses would be nice to have as well, but I recognize not everyone will take the time to do it.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:34 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger