Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   The fantasy football "bum" thread (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=75425)

Mr. White 09-16-2010 11:38 AM

The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.

Brando 09-16-2010 11:45 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 1523437)
Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.

Yep! I won my game this week even with Greene in the starting lineup.

stingray 09-16-2010 11:48 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 1523437)
Looks like I have plenty of bums on my roster, but the one who's got me pissed off the most is Kevin Kolb.

I don't care whose fault it is that he's out.....his O-Line....the Packers D.....Dom f^(king Capers.....

Because of him, I had to make a deal with the devil and pick up Mike Vick this week.....who I hate getting more than a case of herpes.

2nd place goes to Shonn Greene.....I have no words for his level of incompetence.

I drafted him in the fifth round in my money league. But I made sure I drafted another good QB in the seventh which was Eli Manning as my insurance just because Kolb hadn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Kolb hasn't killed me yet cause I didn't start him but I will only give him a month or so before I drop his ass.

I did the same two years ago with Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't need his backup since the guy lit it up from the beginning.

Mr. White 09-16-2010 11:56 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray (Post 1523453)
I drafted him in the fifth round in my money league. But I made sure I drafted another good QB in the seventh which was Eli Manning as my insurance just because Kolb hadn't proven anything yet in the NFL. Kolb hasn't killed me yet cause I didn't start him but I will only give him a month or so before I drop his ass.

I did the same two years ago with Aaron Rodgers. But I didn't need his backup since the guy lit it up from the beginning.

I drafted Favre in the 4th or 5th round, but I hate that guy almost as much as I hate Vick. I don't like him at all this week against Miami with no WR's to throw to.

That bastard Vick should put up some points. We all know how much he hates to give the rock to anyone else.

The1ApplePie 09-16-2010 01:40 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
DeAngelo Williams and DeSean Jackson were both huge bums last time.

I may start Maclin next time, since I feel he will be better with Vick (and he saved me last week)

BigBull17 09-16-2010 03:06 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Half my team sucked. Frank Gore, 9ers D, CJ Spiller, all bums. Kyle Orton rocked solid though. My opponent had three people get zero points and killed me. Had Foster and Manning.

Mr. White 09-17-2010 12:48 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Dunno, but for some reason, it seems like there's a really weak pool to pick from this season. It struck me during one of my drafts.

Has this crossed anyone else's mind?

Week 1 hasn't done anything to change this opinion. Seems like there's more bums to go around than usual.

El Tejano 09-17-2010 03:52 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
I got Brady and Kolb was my backup. I let Kolb go when I saw Garrard was still on the table and he plays Buffalo when Brady goes on a bye. Eagles play someone hard.

dc_txtech 09-22-2010 08:52 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
I picked up Kolb in all three of my leagues, luckily he was a starter in only 1 league. But damn, losing your startin job to Vick after 1 quarter? That is the definition of a bum right there.

CJ Spiller, what a bum. Not going to write him off just yet but it's not looking good.

Line_Producer 09-22-2010 03:55 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_txtech (Post 1528675)
I picked up Kolb in all three of my leagues, luckily he was a starter in only 1 league. But damn, losing your startin job to Vick after 1 quarter? That is the definition of a bum right there.

CJ Spiller, what a bum. Not going to write him off just yet but it's not looking good.

While we're bitchin'. MOJO. Dude, get your ass in gear. Harvin. This was supposed to be your breakout year. Tell Favre to show up earlier to camp.

And since i hate being so negative. Thank you Cutler for the faith I put in you.

dc_txtech 09-22-2010 07:34 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Line_Producer (Post 1529162)
While we're bitchin'. MOJO. Dude, get your ass in gear. Harvin. This was supposed to be your breakout year. Tell Favre to show up earlier to camp.

And since i hate being so negative. Thank you Cutler for the faith I put in you.

I hear ya man, I have MOJO in one league and Harvin in another, luckily neither is my money league. I tried to trade MJD for AJ but got laughed at, rightfully so.

And you're right about the negativity. Thank you AJ, Foster, Rivers, and Austin for keeping my fantasy team legit!

MoCityBull 09-22-2010 08:35 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
luckily I'm still 2-0 in my league even with a close 2nd week matchup...stupid greg jennings and his 3 points....my kicker got me 11!....c'mon dude

Mr. White 09-24-2010 08:49 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

Now I have 3 bums I can choose from at QB counting Vick and Favre.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.

dc_txtech 09-24-2010 09:05 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 1530605)
You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

Now I have 3 bums I can choose from at QB counting Vick and Favre.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.

:gun:

b0ng 09-24-2010 09:07 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Try starting Joe Flacco 2 weeks in a row. I usually have my FF score up on my pc while I watch the games. Lately I've needed some tissues when I see his numbers.

BigBull17 09-24-2010 09:55 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. White (Post 1530605)
You know it's a bad week when you have to start Shonn Greene, MSW, and Harvin. And Spiller's on my bench. Greg Jennings is also killing me.

I was tired of being held hostage by the Eagles QB situation. I dropped Kolb and got Orton.

Now I have 3 bums I can choose from at QB counting Vick and Favre.

I thought Ray Rice and Shonn Greene and Kevin Kolb were all gonna hit paydirt this year and drafted them in both my leagues.....money leagues.

I signed Orton as a FA when Matt Ryan was gonna play Pitt. He has been nuts this year. Won me last weeks game. Big Ben is my other QB, so I had to get a 3rd.

mattieuk 09-24-2010 10:14 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Yo, Crabtree. Where is your game at. This was going to be the big bust it out year. You weren't holding out this time. You played admirably when you came in this year. You scared?! You can go rip the ball out of the QB's hands, but man up, and get me some points, cause Brett ain't helping me out anytime soon.

Ryan 09-24-2010 10:51 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Flacco and Favre easily take the cake for me.

Not to mention in the same league i drafted Ryan Grant and Mathews as my starters and Grant got iIR'd and it looks like Mathews will miss some time in addition to his fantasy suckage that i fully anticipated. I have Foster in that league though so hopefully he can compensate.

Mr. White 09-26-2010 10:32 PM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
You know you're having a tough year when your first 3 picks were Ray Rice, Greg Jennings, and Shonn Greene.

The next guy to get dropped.....Brett Favre.

Mr teX 09-27-2010 09:23 AM

Re: The fantasy football "bum" thread
 
Im in 3 leagues so yeah, i've got a few...

Jonathan Stewart - mainly b/c he's got no qb & teams are stacking the box, but also b/c he hasn't warranted stealing carrys away from williams. Dude has netted me a grand total of like 10 pts in 3 games


Shonn Greene- the only reason he's not #1 is b/c stewart has been been atrocious & b/c i was smart & drafted LT later going on a hunch that he wasn't quite done yet. but yeah he's right up there.


Calvin Johnson - this is tricky b/c his numbers wouldn't look so bad if the refs hadn't screwed him in the chi. game & stafford didn't get hurt in the 1st freaking game.

TO - Batman's looking flabby & sick right now


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:01 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger