Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   I Hate This Team (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73884)

Sluggo 07-30-2010 11:45 PM

I Hate This Team
 
I hate the Tennessee Titans. I mean I hate the Titans more than the Cowboys and believe me, thats saying something. I hate the Titans maybe the way I hate taxes and humidity.

Maybe it is because they broke my heart when they left us for Possum Holler. Man I used to bleed Columbia Blue; from Dan Pastorini and Campbell to Moon, Drew Hill, and Mike Munchak. When they blew the infamous 32 point lead in Buffalo in the playoffs I swore I was done with them. However when I found myself looking forward to training camp that next year it was then I came to the realization that I was among the most wretched creatures God ever created - an Oilers fan.

When they left us however, it all changed.

Some were able to keep their loyalties, [i]hey it was Bud who screwed us, Bud and Steve Underwood moved the team! Has nothing to do with the players. Yeah I know, but I could never quite make that seperation.

When our Texans began play in the AFC South it was a natural rivalry - given the history anyway, maybe not necessarily between the players. Yet I think it is now. The Vince thing has helped. Certainly made it even more personal among the fans and I believe it has bled over to the players as well - he makes it so personal against us it naturally makes them want to beat him.

Now add the fact that the Titans have had some of the mouthiest players in the league it seems. Yeah a number of them have moved on over the last couple years like Haynesworth, Lindell White, Keith Bullock, and Kyle Vandenbosch. Yet punks like Cortland Finnegan, aka "Andre's *****", and Stephen Tulloch seem eager to take up the slack.

Rivalries make football the intense, awesome pastime that it is, and we seem to have a good one in the AFC South.
Im so ready for the season to begin; I'm ready to kick some Titan ass!

Rey 07-31-2010 12:23 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
I really dislike the Titans...

But for some reason I am more pupmed about the cowboys game. Maybe it's because I know so many of them and they're so close to us (many live in the same city as us) but this year I am pumped for the Cowboy game.

BSofA04 07-31-2010 12:57 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Nothing gets me more pumped up than when we play the flaming meatballs from possum hollar. Bud can choke on a ****.

Sluggo 07-31-2010 01:02 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
I'm with you Rey. We play the Titans twice a year, the Cowgirls just once every four years. Besides we have to live and work beside obnoxious Cowgirls fans day in, day out. I have those knuckleheaded people throughout my family, so yeah the third game of our season this year is going to be really special!

Sluggo 07-31-2010 01:05 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSofA04 (Post 1483428)
flaming meatballs

Can't say I've ever heard it expressed quite like that. Nice!

BSofA04 07-31-2010 01:10 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sluggo (Post 1483432)
Can't say I've ever heard it expressed quite like that. Nice!

Thanks. Read it on this board a few times. Their logo looks like a ghetto ass flaming meatball, not unlike their fans. Yahtzee!

StarStruck 07-31-2010 02:01 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

brakos82 07-31-2010 03:29 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSofA04 (Post 1483434)
Thanks. Read it on this board a few times. Their logo looks like a ghetto ass flaming meatball, not unlike their fans. Yahtzee!

Also:

Tacks
Titians
Inbred Children of Uranus (ICOU)

Pretty sure I'm forgetting a couple.

Kulluminatii 07-31-2010 07:14 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 1483446)
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

You brought up a very good point. I'm sure no one on these boards would trade the team & the players they have now for the Oilers & Bud. Although, it would have been nice for the bastard to leave the rights to the Oilers to the city of Houston.

Grams 07-31-2010 07:21 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 1483446)
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

Exactly. The past is over and done with and you cannot change it.

GO TEXANS!!
:gotexans1

jaayteetx 07-31-2010 08:20 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Finnegan is public enemy #1 as far as I'm concerned, straight up punk.

Sluggo 07-31-2010 09:24 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Grams (Post 1483461)
Exactly. The past is over and done with and you cannot change it.

:gotexans1

Oh I'm well over losing the team. Perhaps I didn't make it clear in my original post, but my dislike for the Titans today primarily stems from them being in our division and the mouthy players on the team. Haynesworth's dirty helmet to helmet hit on Matt Schaub, etc.
Overall, now that we are past the fiasco that was the Charlie Casserly era I believe the Texans are a better organization because we have a better owner. Our owner signs the checks and leaves the running of the franchise to his football people - he would have never ordered his head coach to draft a player he didnt want.

Yes the past is over and done with. The Titans can stay in Possum Holler. Good riddance.

BSofA04 07-31-2010 09:55 PM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 1483446)
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

Good point StarStruck. They're just so damn easy to hate though! :bender:

:fans:

Dan B. 07-31-2010 11:23 PM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kulluminatii (Post 1483460)
You brought up a very good point. I'm sure no one on these boards would trade the team & the players they have now for the Oilers & Bud. Although, it would have been nice for the bastard to leave the rights to the Oilers to the city of Houston.

this. I love my Texans, but it pisses me off when other teams wear their retro jerseys and we have to wear our third uniform instead. We have a proud history of pro football in this town that stretches back for over half a century, and it hurts that we can't honor our past. It's especially galling when it's the Tits wearing our old jerseys and some coach from Nashville is wearing a sweater with "Houston" on it.

There should be statues of Earl Campbell and Bum Phillips outside of Reliant. I'd love to be able to wear my old Warren Moon jersey to games and not confuse other fans as to which team I support. We suffered with these players when they lost and celebrated with them when they won. Nashville knows nothing about the long, often painful history of being an Oiler fan. Buncha johnny come latelies erected a museum in 1999 and think that's the same thing. They cornered the market on my childhood.

Sway 08-01-2010 12:19 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
I too felt so burned with the Oilers move.... but with the past 8 years living in San Antonio, my absolute hatred for the cowgirls has definately quadrupled. Everywhere I go, people are sporting cowgirl crud- at the school I work at everyone bashes the Texans- and I teach Texas history I mean come on!
All of the beer in town has cowboy logos, and I make it very clear that I refuse to buy it because of that. Do these people really have to have gargantuan stickers of the star on the truck for the entire year? At least the spurs nuts can say they're in the same friggin city. I walk into HEB with my Texans shopping bags (i do not like recyclable bags. what a pain) and I get nasty looks from shoppers and REALLY nasty looks from the baggers. Jerks. There are nothing but cowboy coolers, shirts, jerseys, etc. at the grocery stores AND at academy. I ask the academy managers why they don't carry Texan gear, and they tell me "we don't sponser that team". I find it funny they can tell me that when the academy logo is on the scoreboard at Reliant. I HATE this city! Wore my OD jersey yesterday and got a compliment- it made my day :-) I really hope we cream the 'girls in September.

Had to rant. sorry.:gun:

imatexan 08-01-2010 02:48 AM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 1483446)
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

Not for me, I never was a big Oilers fan(granted I wads young) but I love the Texans way more.

Yet, I HATE the titans!

BSofA04 08-01-2010 04:19 PM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sway (Post 1483814)
I too felt so burned with the Oilers move.... but with the past 8 years living in San Antonio, my absolute hatred for the cowgirls has definately quadrupled. Everywhere I go, people are sporting cowgirl crud- at the school I work at everyone bashes the Texans- and I teach Texas history I mean come on!
All of the beer in town has cowboy logos, and I make it very clear that I refuse to buy it because of that. Do these people really have to have gargantuan stickers of the star on the truck for the entire year? At least the spurs nuts can say they're in the same friggin city. I walk into HEB with my Texans shopping bags (i do not like recyclable bags. what a pain) and I get nasty looks from shoppers and REALLY nasty looks from the baggers. Jerks. There are nothing but cowboy coolers, shirts, jerseys, etc. at the grocery stores AND at academy. I ask the academy managers why they don't carry Texan gear, and they tell me "we don't sponser that team". I find it funny they can tell me that when the academy logo is on the scoreboard at Reliant. I HATE this city! Wore my OD jersey yesterday and got a compliment- it made my day :-) I really hope we cream the 'girls in September.

Had to rant. sorry.:gun:

As a San Antonian, I feel your pain. I'm still looking for a shirt that says "If the Cowboys are America's team I don't want to be America, I'm a Texan" to wear around.

On another note, I booed the Cowboys when I was downtown on Friday because they stalled traffic in front of the Grand Hyatt...as I drove by in my truck. Wasn't drunk, actually heading back to work from lunch, just wanted to piss of the masses with "Go Texans" while Columbo (I think) was walking into the Greyhound bus.

StarStruck 08-02-2010 04:09 PM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BSofA04 (Post 1484015)
As a San Antonian, I feel your pain. I'm still looking for a shirt that says "If the Cowboys are America's team I don't want to be America, I'm a Texan" to wear around.

On another note, I booed the Cowboys when I was downtown on Friday because they stalled traffic in front of the Grand Hyatt...as I drove by in my truck. Wasn't drunk, actually heading back to work from lunch, just wanted to piss of the masses with "Go Texans" while Columbo (I think) was walking into the Greyhound bus.

Just our of sincere curiousity, why would the masses be pissed off? Colombo (I think)?

Double Barrel 08-02-2010 04:30 PM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 1483446)
Boils down to do you still wish you had the Oilers more than the Texans. If the owner and the new franchise are so fantastic, why still belabor Bud moving on. Is Houston better or worse since their departure? If better, why hold on to the anger of Bud moving on? Are we blind to the new marriage to Houston because we can't deal with the divorce? The Oilers are gone and ain't coming back, let's not act as though we are settling for the new love.

If broken hearts were so easily mended...

Yeah, the Houston Oilers are gone, but with Slug Adams dry-humping the oil derrick and colors out of greed, it's not like the "Oilers" are dead. We saw them in uniform a couple of times last season, and there is no reason to believe that The Rug will leave it at that. There's dollars in them thar hills!!

It's only a matter of time before the 'classic' Oilers uni (circa 1978) makes it's re-emergence, and it would not surprise me to see them tarnished in front of our Texans. It would be a classless move by Slug, but class has never been his M.O.

Bitter? Me? Memories do not die. Just this week the Houston Press has a cover story about Houston's greatest and worst sports moments. Any guess how many times the Oilers were mentioned? It's pretty much a given what the worst sports moment is by anyone with a pulse in 1993.

And then I have to hear / read all the historical revisionists year after year blame the Houston fans, media, and politicians for the Oilers leaving town. It's all horse crap, though, because we prove time and time again that it was ONE MAN who made that decision.

So yeah, let the wound heal...except for the constant scab picking and salt pouring by a few parties...obviously, greater success than 9-7 in 8 seasons by our Texans would help... :shades:

Texecutioner 08-02-2010 04:56 PM

Re: I Hate This Team
 
I really dislike the Colts over any other rivalry.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger