Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Edge's agent interested in the Texans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7241)

Youngstown Colt 03-11-2005 03:49 PM

Edge's agent interested in the Texans

Drew Rosenhaus has stated that he and Edgerrin James are interested in the Texans as a new home.

Just stated on the Dan Patrick show

texansfan88 03-11-2005 03:49 PM

wooo hooo! wont happen tho

texansfan88 03-11-2005 03:50 PM

Did they say just the Texans or mention the usual suspects?

Youngstown Colt 03-11-2005 03:52 PM

the texans along with other teams (chi, tb, mia, ari, cle)

you want to unload Sharper, we want to unload edge. (hmmmmm)

texasguy346 03-11-2005 03:53 PM

Rosenhaus would offer Edge to the CFL if it made him more $$. However, at least he's good at his job. I gotta give him that.

texansfan88 03-11-2005 03:54 PM

I wouldn't mind Sharper, 2nd and 4th for James

scourge 03-11-2005 04:16 PM

I like this idea as well... Edge is only 26 should be good for I'd say at least another 4 years or so. He seems to be as good as new after the injury in '01, and he's the every down back we need. Plus, maybe im wrong, but I think his style of running would go nicely with the zone blocking scheme we are trying to use. We could still use Davis as a possible 3rd down back, and even a goal line back if they decide to keep him, and I dont see why they wouldnt. I like DD, but Edge is an obvious upgrade.

Although Im sure Im about to see a whole lot of "DD is better than Edge posts"...

Sarg01 03-11-2005 04:18 PM

Wow, just last night I was arguing Sharper+picks for James with my work buddies. Another alternative was Sharper+Davis for James+pick.

They thought I was crazy since it was in division. I pointed out that the Colts aren't gonna find a much better back than Davis (with Indy's dominant O-Line he shouldn't have as much durability trouble) and we're not gonna find a much better back than Edge (who had great years when he was new and Indy's O-Line was suspect).

texansfan1974 03-11-2005 04:32 PM

i also think DD & SHARPER for THE EDGE & a pick maybe 3, 4, or 5 would be a great move. we all know we need a good move.

Meloy 03-11-2005 04:35 PM

No body is mentioning salary for Edge. How much is he going to get?

gg no re 03-11-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

"DD is better than Edge posts"
Don't worry.... I would agree that Edge would be a nice addition.... won't create a backfield as awesome as Davis-Foster/Jackson-Faulk, but still awesome nonetheless.

TEXANS84 03-11-2005 04:35 PM

I don't think that the Colts future salary cap situation could afford Jamie right now.

twinkletwinkle 03-11-2005 04:44 PM

Edge sucks. He plays behind an awesome O-line and still sucks. I know what the fantasy guys will say but whatever. He still sucks, he is not a game breaker, he was third fiddle to Manning-Harrison, and he is injury prone. DD has better moves and better hands. I would not trade for him, maybe Sharper and a 2-4 rounder to get rid of the contract but not another starter we need. But even then only to trade him to someone else.

ThaShark316 03-11-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle
Edge sucks. He plays behind an awesome O-line and still sucks. I know what the fantasy guys will say but whatever. He still sucks, he is not a game breaker, he was third fiddle to Manning-Harrison, and he is injury prone. DD has better moves and better hands. I would not trade for him, maybe Sharper and a 2-4 rounder to get rid of the contract but not another starter we need. But even then only to trade him to someone else.

YOU DO realize that ANY RB would play 3rd fiddle to Manning-Harrison. Not a game breaker? AHAHAHAHA, ok whatever u say man...you tryin to tell me that James isn't better than Dom? Edge can catch passes with the best of them, and James is more of a bruiser than DD, I love Dom's skills, but Edge > DD easily.

BTW, I can't name 10 RBs better than Edge...hell It's hard to name 5, when healthy, James is a monster.

gg no re 03-11-2005 06:00 PM

Let's not forget that the Colts run 60% of their passes through playaction..... obviously, teams respect Edge enough to let the playaction chew them up.

texan279 03-11-2005 06:05 PM

You are right about that and if the Edge leaves it is going to royally screw up their passing game.

pskinny 03-11-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by twinkletwinkle

Edge sucks? What NFL have you been watching?

texasguy346 03-11-2005 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan279
You are right about that and if the Edge leaves it is going to royally screw up their passing game.

I have to disagree. Their passing game would still be good with the Fridge in the backfield sitting in a recliner. He's got 3 capable WRs, and a couple of good TEs (yes even accounting for the departure of Pollard). They re-signed Rhodes during last season to prepare for a scenario where Edge would leave the team. If you remember, Edge was out with a torn ACL 2 or 3 years ago and Rhodes filled in admirably for him. He should still give opposing defenses a reason to bite on the PA. They could still pick up a young RB in the draft to lessen the load on Rhodes too.

texan279 03-11-2005 06:36 PM

Quote:

I have to disagree. Their passing game would still be good with the Fridge in the backfield sitting in a recliner. He's got 3 capable WRs, and a couple of good TEs (yes even accounting for the departure of Pollard). They re-signed Rhodes during last season to prepare for a scenario where Edge would leave the team. If you remember, Edge was out with a torn ACL 2 or 3 years ago and Rhodes filled in admirably for him. He should still give opposing defenses a reason to bite on the PA. They could still pick up a young RB in the draft to lessen the load on Rhodes too.
Edge is one of the top 3 RB's in the NFL, the play action pass will not be as effective with another RB in their backfield, he is one of the reasons the Colts passing game opens up so well.

infantrycak 03-11-2005 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gg no re
Let's not forget that the Colts run 60% of their passes through playaction..... obviously, teams respect Edge enough to let the playaction chew them up.

JMO but the reason Indy's play action is so good is primarily because Peyton has one of the best fakes in the league. He gets his whole arm and body extended into it. Watch Carr by comparison some time. There isn't near as much salesmanship there.