Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   David Carr leads poll on ESPN.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7206)

swisher 03-10-2005 04:19 PM

David Carr leads poll on ESPN.com
 
Carr is currently the top choice in a poll of which QB will have the best career out of this group:

David Carr
Eli Manning
Carson Palmer
Aaron Rodgers
Alex Smith

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/index

poll is on bottom right.

tiger06 03-10-2005 04:26 PM

By 0.2 percent over Eli!!

Sarg01 03-10-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiger06
By 0.2 percent over Eli!!

Yes, but Eli has the name and the NY media market on his side.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 03-10-2005 04:32 PM

0.3 now :)

Tailgate 03-10-2005 04:33 PM

Were is Harrington? :)

Dionysus22 03-10-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate
Were is Harrington? :)

It's sad how they outcasted Harrington the way they did. He wasn't given that much of a chance. His first year they had nothing. They finally got him a receiver the next year,Carlos Rogers. Then he broke his broke his coller bone and they were back to square one. Then last year they get Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. All of a sudden they expect to make the play-offs. That's why I love our organization. We give people the time and chances to grow and be comfortable in our system. Harrington wasn't given the same chance.I still believe Harrington will be a great QB somewhere. It's just a shame... :thumbdown

kevinjagsfan 03-10-2005 05:16 PM

I don't understand? wouldn't you expect a 4th year veteran to do better than all the others in that poll? ESPN's polls are a popularity contest anyway. why would they even have a poll for that? (not lookin for smack, its the offseason, lets just laugh at the titans' demise)

BTW not to hijack or anything, but why aren't you guys focusing more on the O-Line in FA? or anything in FA for that matter. any specific draft prospects?

Tailgate 03-10-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I don't understand? wouldn't you expect a 4th year veteran to do better than all the others in that poll? ESPN's polls are a popularity contest anyway. why would they even have a poll for that? (not lookin for smack, its the offseason, lets just laugh at the titans' demise)

BTW not to hijack or anything, but why aren't you guys focusing more on the O-Line in FA? or anything in FA for that matter. any specific draft prospects?


The poll is not about just this season (Carrs 4th)... but who people think will have the BEST CAREER.

What we need is a Pro-Bowl left tackle... problem is, who doesnt?

BTW.. I was kidding about Harrington.

Vinnie333 03-10-2005 05:25 PM

you mean Charles Rogers? not Carlos Rogers :)

Dionysus22 03-10-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie333
you mean Charles Rogers? not Carlos Rogers :)

my bad!! good lookin out!

THEFUTURE 03-10-2005 05:54 PM

its a poll on all the first picks of the draft, so obviously they are not going to put Harrington... and the only reason Rodgers and Smith are both there is cuz they both could possibly be number one pick. carr should have the better career, he has more weapons as of now, and i think has more talent then anyone else there. By the way, the Giants have interest in Bradford now, if you didnt know

HoustonLionsFan 03-10-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dionysus22
It's sad how they outcasted Harrington the way they did. He wasn't given that much of a chance. His first year they had nothing. They finally got him a receiver the next year,Carlos Rogers. Then he broke his broke his coller bone and they were back to square one. Then last year they get Roy Williams and Kevin Jones. All of a sudden they expect to make the play-offs. That's why I love our organization. We give people the time and chances to grow and be comfortable in our system. Harrington wasn't given the same chance.I still believe Harrington will be a great QB somewhere. It's just a shame... :thumbdown


Well Mr. Ecstacy, you just brought me much joy. I am sick of all the Lions fans that want him gone already, no WR's 1st yr, CRog hurt 2nd yr, RW hurt after 6 games and CRog for the season 3rd yr. I think he will be OK if the TEAM can stay healthy around him.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 03-10-2005 07:33 PM

Plus Mariucci has him learning the WCO. Carr is still better than him though. :)

Anishin 03-10-2005 08:47 PM

0.7% now, fear our message board power NY! FEAR IT!

HoustonLionsFan 03-10-2005 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
Plus Mariucci has him learning the WCO. Carr is still better than him though. :)

Perhaps idonno:

Intersting that they have had similar #'s with different problems. Det- no run game (until the last 8 games last season), no WR's. Hou- no Oline, no team (first year).

I like them both. I am a CA boy, but have an affinity for Oregon and the Lions, but Fresno is close to where I grew up and I live in Hou. I wish them both well. I root for Hou, as long as their not playing the Lions :)

texansfan88 03-10-2005 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevinjagsfan
I don't understand? wouldn't you expect a 4th year veteran to do better than all the others in that poll?

Why isn't Gary errrrrr Byron Leftwich in there? OH...WAIT...thats right...

TEXANS84 03-10-2005 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansfan88
Why isn't Gary errrrrr Byron Leftwich in there? OH...WAIT...thats right...

Well, then here is a fun poll...looks like it needs in the Carr direction:

Jags Poll

TexansTrueFan 03-11-2005 12:09 AM

haha Carr barely over Eli ? I mean what did Eli do last season that was so impressive ? OH WAIT it must be the last name manning :shocked .........

rittenhouserobz 03-11-2005 06:40 AM

I remember everyone saying it takes 3 years to determine if a team drafted well. Carr has been a little shakey, but he has shown spots of brilliance when given time. That Jags poll cracks me up. Gary Coleman is not better than Carr. ;)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger