Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71356)

Lucky 04-22-2010 01:09 AM

Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
The king of mock drafts puts out his . And with the 20th selection in the 2010 draft, the Houston Texans select:

Quote:

20. HOUSTON TEXANS

C.J. Spiller, Halfback, Clemson
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...lelogo-hou.gif The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.
Other needs: RB, CB, Int. OL, S
Don't like the pick? Don't fret, as Gosselin hasn't gotten a Texans 1st round pick sice '06. S, don't rush out and order that Spiller jersey just yet.

Goldensilence 04-22-2010 01:13 AM

Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
Has some interesting IMO reaches.

While I like what Spiller would bring to the table, I think Thomas would be a better pick. Guess we'll find out tomorrow.

bckey 04-22-2010 05:54 AM

Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
I don't see Bulaga falling to 17. I also don't think Miami will take Demaryius Thomas at 12. I could see Seattle taking Mathews over Spiller if they wanted an every down back. Looks like Gosselin is as much in the dark this year as we are. Maybe teams are using him as a smokescreen this year because of his reputation.

IDEXAN 04-22-2010 05:58 AM

Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
C.J. Spiller, Halfback, Clemson

The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.

Other needs: RB, CB, Int. OL, S
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...k.3cacf47.html
He has the Titans taking Karl Wilson.
He's got a lot of changes, lot of surprises in his final.

Mike Kerns 04-22-2010 06:34 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
I wouldn't get too angry about Spiller. But I will be shocked if he gets past Seattle at 14.

dalemurphy 04-22-2010 07:06 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
No Sergio Kindle?

Maddict5 04-22-2010 07:14 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
i like spiller alot but id be crushed if we passed on thomas

awtysst 04-22-2010 07:19 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by IDEXAN (Post 1412399)
C.J. Spiller, Halfback, Clemson

The Texans can't have another season from Steve Slaton like 2009. Maybe it was a sophomore slump. Spiller gives them insurance against that. He's also a fine complementary piece if Slaton does bounce back.

Other needs: RB, CB, Int. OL, S
http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...k.3cacf47.html
He has the Titans taking Karl Wilson.
He's got a lot of changes, lot of surprises in his final.

I know he is good, but I am a bit surprised with RG's choice. With Thomas, Spiller, and McCourtey on the board I rank them: Thomas, McCourtey, and Spiller. Spiller is a nice player to have, but he is a part time player. Both Thomas and McCourtry can play every snap on the D side and McCourtey can even help in the special teams game.

Kaiser Toro 04-22-2010 07:24 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
I hope we do not take Spiller.

Blake 04-22-2010 07:44 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1412411)
I hope we do not take Spiller.

+1. Earl Thomas would be my pick. And as the previous poster mentioned, no Kindle???

Kaiser Toro 04-22-2010 08:14 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 1412419)
+1. Earl Thomas would be my pick. And as the previous poster mentioned, no Kindle???

Should the whispers I hear be true on his character, I am not surprised.

BIG TORO 04-22-2010 08:18 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
I really hope we dont get spiller, I like him but I dont want a running back in the first round. I really want a CB or if we get a saftey I would be very happy with Thomas.

HuttoKarl 04-22-2010 08:35 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 1412419)
+1. Earl Thomas would be my pick. And as the previous poster mentioned, no Kindle???

Chip Brown from 104.9 FM in Austin TX was on the radio this morning and said there's a rumor that isn't widely circulated in the media that Kindle may need microfracture knee surgery. Kindle's camp denies this and Brown seems to think it's similar to Jerry Jones floating something about Sean Roger's ankle back in the day...said it needed surgery but it never did. Thinks teams are floating rumors now in order to get a player to slide.

HuttoKarl 04-22-2010 08:36 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Mathews is a textbook ZBS runner and with Gibbs in Seattle, it makes sense for them to take him.

And if we get Spiller tonite, I'll be the happiest man in Hutto, TX.

kiwitexansfan 04-22-2010 08:41 AM

Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
If Spiller starts to slide down towards us some team will trade up to get him.....

There is no way Spiller slides to 20.

If he did I would be doing the happy dance :splits:

Blake 04-22-2010 08:46 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1412411)
Should the whispers I hear be true on his character, I am not surprised.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HuttoKarl (Post 1412443)
Chip Brown from 104.9 FM in Austin TX was on the radio this morning and said there's a rumor that isn't widely circulated in the media that Kindle may need microfracture knee surgery. Kindle's camp denies this and Brown seems to think it's similar to Jerry Jones floating something about Sean Roger's ankle back in the day...said it needed surgery but it never did. Thinks teams are floating rumors now in order to get a player to slide.

Ah I didnt hear that. I dont get much longhorn news in SA like I did in ATX.

Kaiser Toro 04-22-2010 08:53 AM

Re: Gosselin's Final Mock lets us choose between Spiller & Earl Thomas
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Super Mario (Post 1412455)
Ah I didnt hear that. I dont get much longhorn news in SA like I did in ATX.

My whispers are coming from a professional trade. This is the first I have heard of the knee issue as well. Put the two together and it rationalizes a potential fall.

kiwitexansfan 04-22-2010 08:53 AM

Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
I've got Clausen slipping about that far too on my mock.

I find it weird that Gosselin says that Bryant won't slide to the Cowboys yet he has them drafting him.... weird.

kastofsna 04-22-2010 09:17 AM

Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
yes he says Jones will trade up for Bryant.

looks like a solid mock, frankly. there are some surprises, but the draft never goes to plan, and pretty much every mock i've seen this offseason looks basically the same, so Gosselin's makes a lot more sense.

but...why would Parcells, a guy who doesn't think too highly of spending picks on receivers, draft Demaryius Thomas after just shipping two 2nd-rounders to Denver for Brandon Marshall? maybe he feels Miami will trade back and get Thomas, based on the next 10 or so picks, because none of them would be a great fit for Miami, and Thomas seems like a reach at 12. if that's the case, it does make a lot more sense.

Spiller could EASILY fall to Houston, runningbacks are always undervalued on draft day, unless they're some crazy talent. but i imagine a lot of folks here would be upset if Thomas is sitting there

HuttoKarl 04-22-2010 09:22 AM

Re: Rick Gosselin's final 2010 mock
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kastofsna (Post 1412481)
yes he says Jones will trade up for Bryant.

looks like a solid mock, frankly. there are some surprises, but the draft never goes to plan, and pretty much every mock i've seen this offseason looks basically the same, so Gosselin's makes a lot more sense.

but...why would Parcells, a guy who doesn't think too highly of spending picks on receivers, draft Demaryius Thomas after just shipping two 2nd-rounders to Denver for Brandon Marshall? maybe he feels Miami will trade back and get Thomas, based on the next 10 or so picks, because none of them would be a great fit for Miami, and Thomas seems like a reach at 12. if that's the case, it does make a lot more sense.

Spiller could EASILY fall to Houston, runningbacks are always undervalued on draft day, unless they're some crazy talent. but i imagine a lot of folks here would be upset if Thomas is sitting there

I wouldn't.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger