Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Who Do you THink the starting LBs SHOULD be this season? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7128)

Cincinnatikid 03-08-2005 10:25 AM

Who Do you THink the starting LBs SHOULD be this season?
 
With all this trade, cut talk of linebackers, who do you think should be the starting 4 this season. Im all for babin-the dolphin-Sharper/Wong-Peek. I think that Dom is hopefully going to be going to a speed attack, much like the ravens have had with their LBs. I think with Seth in the middle and healthy and hopefully some DE help this season, we would see Peek and even Babin in double digit sacks. The speed of that combination would be scary.

texansfan88 03-08-2005 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
With all this trade, cut talk of linebackers, who do you think should be the starting 4 this season. Im all for babin-the dolphin-Sharper/Wong-Peek. I think that Dom is hopefully going to be going to a speed attack, much like the ravens have had with their LBs. I think with Seth in the middle and healthy and hopefully some DE help this season, we would see Peek and even Babin in double digit sacks. The speed of that combination would be scary.

what do you know, the kid from cincinnati once again proppin out Peek :heh:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 03-08-2005 10:31 AM

He's like a broken record, but I do think Babin and Peek should be our starting OLBs with Sharper and Greenwood on the inside.

Blake 03-08-2005 10:35 AM

Babin / GreenWood / Sharper / Wong

Anderson / Foreman / Polk / Peek

keyfro 03-08-2005 10:39 AM

well we may not have sharper too much longer...Cincinnati has reported to be interested in aquiring sharper...houstonprofootball also has it listed...so in my opinion it will be peek greenwood wong babin

TheOgre 03-08-2005 10:44 AM

Babin/Wong/Greenwood/Peek

Hopefully we get good value for Sharper. It looks like his days are numbered.

Tailgate 03-08-2005 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keyfro
well we may not have sharper too much longer...Cincinnati has reported to be interested in aquiring sharper...houstonprofootball also has it listed...so in my opinion it will be peek greenwood wong babin


I also heard a RUMOR from another message board from a restaurant owner saying he overheard talk of trading Sharper to Seattle? He said it sounded imminent???

This is a RUMOR mind you and he hasnt replied to me yet.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 03-08-2005 11:02 AM

I just hope we don't get rid of Sharper for scraps.

Caw Daddy 03-08-2005 11:06 AM

pretty scurry
 
Coleman Glenn

Rolle Robinson

Peek Greenwood Sharper Babin

Smith Payne Walker
i think that looks nice, rolle is antrel, Dj wont be available at 13 and i hope i got all the positions right. Glenn movest to safety and my faggins and rolle battle for 2nd cb.

go easy on me with the criticism.

SESupergenius 03-08-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheOgre
Babin/Wong/Greenwood/Peek

God Help us.

dalemurphy 03-08-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Caw Daddy
Coleman Glenn

Rolle Robinson

Peek Greenwood Sharper Babin

Smith Payne Walker
i think that looks nice, rolle is antrel, Dj wont be available at 13 and i hope i got all the positions right. Glenn movest to safety and my faggins and rolle battle for 2nd cb.

go easy on me with the criticism.

Glenn can't play Safety... He's too small! Rolle could play FS, especially in nickel and dime defenses. However, neither Rolle nor Marcus Coleman are big enough to play SS- that will have to be Glenn Earl/Ramon Walker.

Cincinnatikid 03-08-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texansfan88
what do you know, the kid from cincinnati once again proppin out Peek :heh:

Say what you want but at least i dont change my mind on who does what every other day like many people on here that just go along with the latest trends. And why not support my boy, he is gonna be a stud when he gets a chance.

F-minus67 03-08-2005 11:15 AM

Peek - Wong - Sharper - Babins

Hopefully we can come to a agreement with Sharper and have him stay. Then Greenwood would be the top back up at all the positions.

dirty steve 03-08-2005 11:22 AM

did you pay a guy a 7 million dollar signing bonus to be your top backup?

Cincinnatikid 03-08-2005 11:25 AM

Greenwood has Foremans spot for sure, babin will start, its who the other two will be. Shaper/Peek/Wong. Thats the choices right now. This team is going to have some speed this season with Sharper maybe leaving and having wong and peek in there.

Vinny 03-08-2005 11:28 AM

I have a feeling our future inside linebacker to pair with Greenwood is coming from the draft. Hopefully Peek can show enough in practice to start this year. We need to increase our linebacker speed and Peek, Greenwood and Babin all have great speed for guys their size.

F-minus67 03-08-2005 11:31 AM

I thought that Wong was getting moved inside?

Vinny 03-08-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F-minus67
I thought that Wong was getting moved inside?

No, the Texans and Wong both denied it. Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true.

wags 03-08-2005 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny
No, the Texans and Wong both denied it. Just because someone writes it doesn't make it true.

Dewey defeats Truman!!!!

:offtopic


Vinny,

Do you think that this fiasco with Sharper could be an extension ploy?

Doom Capers 03-08-2005 11:44 AM

I think our lineup should be Peek/Wong/Greenwood/Babin.

There is no point in keeping Sharper and Wong. Wong deserves some credit, he is a good solid player. Why sign a new ILB and not start Wong at all? We must trade Sharper and give this lineup a chance.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger