Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Texas Stadium Prank (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71168)

Seņor Stan 04-16-2010 08:01 AM

Texas Stadium Prank

Having just moved to Houston, I have been surprised by the number of local Cowboy fans. I have several of them at work and we have gotten into more than one good natured smack talking session.

Here's the scenario...

I went to Irving on business on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I drove by the rubble of Texas Stadium and took a picture of it with my Blackberry. When I got back to the office in Houston, I printed out the picture along with a nice little fact sheet about the history of the Stadium etc. I then proceeded to go into the back parking lot and picked up several chunks of concrete.

I put the pictures along with the concrete chunks from our parking lot on their desks. They are now thoroughly convinced they are the proud owners of a "piece of Cowboy history"

I

JB 04-16-2010 08:18 AM

Re: Texas Stadium Prank

:lol: Good One!

BIG TORO 04-16-2010 08:39 AM

Rep. That is awsome! How long are you going let that go on?

Seņor Stan 09-28-2010 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 1407423)
Having just moved to Houston, I have been surprised by the number of local Cowboy fans. I have several of them at work and we have gotten into more than one good natured smack talking session.

Here's the scenario...

I went to Irving on business on Monday and Tuesday of this week. I drove by the rubble of Texas Stadium and took a picture of it with my Blackberry. When I got back to the office in Houston, I printed out the picture along with a nice little fact sheet about the history of the Stadium etc. I then proceeded to go into the back parking lot and picked up several chunks of concrete.

I put the pictures along with the concrete chunks from our parking lot on their desks. They are now thoroughly convinced they are the proud owners of a "piece of Cowboy history"

I

Update...9/27/10

Them: WOOOHOOOOOOO HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!! How does it feel to be Texan's fan TODAY???

Me: 2-1 feels better than 1-2, and at least I don't have a chunk of concrete from our parking lot sitting on my mantle at home.

Them: :wadepalm:

Hookem Horns 09-28-2010 10:25 AM

LOL, that is great.

Texan_Bill 09-28-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Here's the scenario...

I

:spit: That's AWESOMENESS!!! Majorly repped!

Dutchrudder 09-28-2010 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 1534434)
Update...9/27/10

Them: WOOOHOOOOOOO HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!! How does it feel to be Texan's fan TODAY???

Me: 2-1 feels better than 1-2, and at least I don't have a chunk of concrete from our parking lot sitting on my mantle at home.

Them: :wadepalm:

WIN!

:spit:

Texan_Bill 09-28-2010 10:30 AM

I can't wait to see one of the jokers on Pawn Stars or some PBS appraisal show asking what it's worth?? :hurrah:

TexanSam 09-28-2010 01:51 PM

LMAO! nice!

powerfuldragon 10-05-2010 01:49 PM

Quote:

Here's the scenario...

I

did you charge them?

dc_txtech 10-05-2010 02:00 PM

Epic

Joe Texan 10-05-2010 02:30 PM

I just spit all over my iPhone that was funnier than Richard pryors life

Yankee_In_TX 10-05-2010 02:32 PM

....must spread rep

Double Barrel 10-05-2010 06:07 PM

I freakin' love it!! :heh:

Seņor Stan 10-07-2010 06:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfuldragon (Post 1542183)
did you charge them?

Nope, I did have one guy that was upset that he didn't get one though...I might have to try to sell him one of my "extras".

Seņor Stan 12-22-2011 10:03 AM

Update!

Just found out one of the Cowboy fans that I gave a "piece of the stadium" to has it on display at her house!

I literally had to walk away to keep from busting out laughing. Someone who knows it was a prank has told her repeatedly that it's not real, but she is not buying what he is selling.

She is totally convinced it is a piece of Texas Stadium.

OzzO 12-22-2011 10:47 AM

Nice. Shoulda grabbed a "deposit" out of a toilet and note that it came from the locker room of the Cowboys. See if they'll display that as well.

Texan_Bill 12-22-2011 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 1861361)
Update!

Just found out one of the Cowboy fans that I gave a "piece of the stadium" to has it on display at her house!

I literally had to walk away to keep from busting out laughing. Someone who knows it was a prank has told her repeatedly that it's not real, but she is not buying what he is selling.

She is totally convinced it is a piece of Texas Stadium.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG TORO (Post 1407443)
Rep. That is awsome! How long are you going let that go on?

Apparently 8 months or so. :lol:

Seņor Stan 12-22-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1861379)
Apparently 8 months or so. :lol:

The really funny thing is, I told one of the rock recipients about it when he started mouthing off last year. I figured the cat was out of the bag and the joke was over.

This other person still believes regardless of what anyone tries to tell her.

Texan_Bill 12-27-2011 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seņor Stan (Post 1861390)
The really funny thing is, I told one of the rock recipients about it when he started mouthing off last year. I figured the cat was out of the bag and the joke was over.

This other person still believes regardless of what anyone tries to tell her.

Rock recipient = Dense!!!

Awesomeness at it's finest!! MSR!!!!!