Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   My New Mock Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70911)

LZ 04-06-2010 09:28 PM

My New Mock Draft

I really struggled with the Texans selection and I had to change my mock up three different times after I received info on certain players and/or teams, but I'm pretty happy with the results of this one.

I did find out that there is more than one team who likes S. Weatherspoon more than Rolando McClain and Kansas City at 5 could be the trade up spot. I also expect the Giants at 15 to be a trade up spot as well as I think they will try and move back.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba.../post_147.html

P.S. - Daniel Jeremiah from MoveTheSticks.com will be on my draft show tomorrow on 1560 with me, Sean and John. You guys calls are welcome at 713-439-1560. We will be on from 5 to 7 PM if you can give a listen.

kiwitexansfan 04-06-2010 09:32 PM

Re: My New Mock Draft

Good on ya LZ, just say no to Mathews in the first.

I'll be happy if we get a chance at Wilson at 20.

I think your right about Weatherspoon too, I think there are some that see the athletic limitations of McClain as pigeon holing him as a 3-4 only ILB.

kiwitexansfan 04-06-2010 09:34 PM

Yikes, just read through it again... Spiller + MJD = Heart Attacks for run defenses!

LZ 04-06-2010 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 1399451)
Good on ya LZ, just say no to Mathews in the first.

I'll be happy if we get a chance at Wilson at 20.

I think your right about Weatherspoon too, I think there are some that see the athletic limitations of McClain as pigeon holing him as a 3-4 only ILB.

Actually, a couple of teams I spoke with today were really questioning his body type and toughness. They said when they saw him at the combine he had a ridiculously smooth body and wasn't cut up or athletic looking at all for his size. That can be a big red flag for some teams.

JB 04-06-2010 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZ (Post 1399459)
Actually, a couple of teams I spoke with today were really questioning his body type and toughness. They said when they saw him at the combine he had a ridiculously smooth body and wasn't cut up or athletic looking at all for his size. That can be a big red flag for some teams.

Are you talking Wilson here? Maybe McCourty or Kareem Jackson would be a better fit?

stingray 04-06-2010 09:38 PM

Love the Pick!!!

kiwitexansfan 04-06-2010 09:39 PM

The classic debate over which tape is important. The measuring tape or the video tape.

BTW I believe we are talking about McClain's body.

stingray 04-06-2010 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZ (Post 1399459)

Who are you talking about?

LZ 04-06-2010 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB (Post 1399462)
Are you talking Wilson here? Maybe McCourty or Kareem Jackson would be a better fit?

That was meant to be about Rolando McClain.

JB 04-06-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZ (Post 1399469)
That was meant to be about Rolando McClain.

Ok Do you think Wilson a better fit for the Texans than McCourty or Jackson?

I think that Jackson may be the best fit for the Texans because of the school and the experience.

Kaiser Toro 04-06-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LZ (Post 1399443)
I really struggled with the Texans selection and I had to change my mock up three different times after I received info on certain players and/or teams, but I'm pretty happy with the results of this one.

I did find out that there is more than one team who likes S. Weatherspoon more than Rolando McClain and Kansas City at 5 could be the trade up spot. I also expect the Giants at 15 to be a trade up spot as well as I think they will try and move back.

http://blogs.chron.com/fantasyfootba.../post_147.html

P.S. - Daniel Jeremiah from MoveTheSticks.com will be on my draft show tomorrow on 1560 with me, Sean and John. You guys calls are welcome at 713-439-1560. We will be on from 5 to 7 PM if you can give a listen.

I prefer Matthews, but like Wilson as well. With that said, I am assuming your mock and the whispers that you hear are two different things, but who do you expect us to target at 50 for RB - Best, Tate or Gerhart - should this scenario not play out?

kiwitexansfan 04-06-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1399493)
I prefer Matthews, but like Wilson as well. With that said, I am assuming your mock and the whispers that you hear are two different things, but who do you expect us to target at 50 for RB - Best, Tate or Gerhart - should this scenario play out?

In his mock, Gerhart is already gone... so I figure he might be thinking we are down to Tate or Best.... maybe Dwyer?

The Pencil Neck 04-06-2010 10:08 PM

Quote:

I prefer Matthews, but like Wilson as well. With that said, I am assuming your mock and the whispers that you hear are two different things, but who do you expect us to target at 50 for RB - Best, Tate or Gerhart - should this scenario play out?

Well, he's already got Gerhardt gone at 32. So. I think he's out.

:turtle:

Kaiser Toro 04-06-2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kiwitexansfan (Post 1399496)
In his mock, Gerhart is already gone... so I figure he might be thinking we are down to Tate or Best.... maybe Dwyer?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck (Post 1399498)
Well, he's already got Gerhardt gone at 32. So. I think he's out.

:turtle:

Did my qualifier not come through in my statement? EDIT: It may have helped if I included the word not. Thanks.

The Pencil Neck 04-06-2010 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1399500)
Did my qualifier not come through in my statement?

No.

It really didn't.

I read this through 4-5 times trying to figure out what qualifier you were talking about. And then I saw it. But from the way that was written, I really didn't divorce what you were asking from LZ's mock as it stood.

Jackie Chiles 04-07-2010 12:51 AM

Lance, what kind of chance does Wilson have to be an immediate upgrade over what Dunta gave us last year?

LZ 04-07-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB (Post 1399480)
Ok Do you think Wilson a better fit for the Texans than McCourty or Jackson?

I think that Jackson may be the best fit for the Texans because of the school and the experience.

I think Jackson is solid, I just don't think he's a first rounder. I do think that McCourty and Wilson are both fits for sure.

LZ 04-07-2010 10:45 AM

Quote:

I prefer Matthews, but like Wilson as well. With that said, I am assuming your mock and the whispers that you hear are two different things, but who do you expect us to target at 50 for RB - Best, Tate or Gerhart - should this scenario not play out?

Out of those three, I would say Tate and Gerhardt with Hardesty definitely a possibility as well although his injuries are a big concern to me.

LZ 04-07-2010 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jackie Chiles (Post 1399558)
Lance, what kind of chance does Wilson have to be an immediate upgrade over what Dunta gave us last year?

He's still a rookie so it probably won't be an upgrade, but I do think he can have some games where he is a little better in man to man than Dunta was at times.

Shaft75 04-07-2010 11:00 AM

Is anyone else leaning towards a trade back with San Diego? You know they have to value Mathews pretty highly. I say hold Mathews for a ransom, trade back w/SD and go CB/RB/DT.

Who's coming with me?