Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   OK PAYNE IN & GREENWOOD IN...Whats next? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6974)

TexFan58 03-03-2005 05:08 PM

OK PAYNE IN & GREENWOOD IN...Whats next?
 
Defense looks good, whats next? :thumbup

texan279 03-03-2005 05:10 PM

I would assume it would be the O line, but I mean hey, I never imagined we would be spending this kind of money the second day of free agency on a LB so what do I know...honestly it does make me think we will address our O line and depth in this years draft and we should be in pretty good shape if we do IMO...

Grid 03-03-2005 05:11 PM

Probably nothing.. but I wouldnt be surprised if we signed a TE.

WildBlackBear32 03-03-2005 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexFan58
whats next? :thumbup

With the money spent on Payne and Greenwood...4th stringers and the draft! WHOOOOOOHOOOO! :thumbdown

texan279 03-03-2005 05:14 PM

Quote:

With the money spent on Payne and Greenwood...4th stringers and the draft! WHOOOOOOHOOOO!
I wouldn't worry about the money, we were in OK shape as far as the cap goes before signing Greenwood and Payne and I also have a feeling one of our defensive starters will be released soon and that would free up more space...also, after this signing it wouldn't surprise me if we traded down in the draft but that's just my opinion...

Blake 03-03-2005 05:14 PM

Kevin Johnson, or Gary Baxter?

TexFan58 03-03-2005 05:15 PM

My opinion is the Offensive line, leave that to the draft, need an impact TE and #2 WR
DONE......

AndreJ 03-03-2005 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Signing: Ione, Deloach, Spears and Wright

IMHO we need these 4 too have 0 drop in talent in our back up core....

NOW! We need to use our picks from #2-#7 to infuse some new blood in our lines..

scratch NT = bye bye Demarcus spears
scratch ILB = no Ware or DJ
scratch WR = uhhh we have andre
scratch Rolle and PacMan = errr they wont last till #13 and you cant retire glenn that early

thus #13 is :rolleyes:

Thomas Davis

Scratch Thomas Davis we have Earl and Coleman. Why wouldn't we draft a WR AJ can't do it all by himself

WildBlackBear32 03-03-2005 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Signing: Ione, Deloach, Spears and Wright

IMHO we need these 4 too have 0 drop in talent in our back up core....

NOW! We need to use our picks from #2-#7 to infuse some new blood in our lines..

scratch NT = bye bye Demarcus spears
scratch ILB = no Ware or DJ
scratch WR = uhhh we have andre
scratch Rolle and PacMan = errr they wont last till #13 and you cant retire glenn that early

thus #13 is :rolleyes:

Thomas Davis


Barron?? Trade down???

texan279 03-03-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Scratch Thomas Davis we have Earl and Coleman. Why wouldn't we draft a WR AJ can't do it all by himself
Because you would have 2 WR's, one that was a #1 pick, and the 2nd a #13 pick, and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...

TEXANS84 03-03-2005 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan279
Because you would have 2 WR's, one that was a #1 pick, and the 2nd a #13 pick, and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...

I have a feeling we'll see Williamson in a Texans uni, even though what we need is an O-Lineman.

AndreJ 03-03-2005 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan279
Because you would have 2 WR's, one that was a #1 pick, and the 2nd a #13 pick, and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...

That still dosen't exclude the fact that we need someone opposite of Andre to take some pressure off of him.

Do yall think there is a TE out there worthy of the number 13 pick?

AlexVanderpool 03-03-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan279
...and a QB who has no time to throw to either of them...

and an undersized OLB/ oversized, slow SS is going to help this how????

texan279 03-03-2005 05:40 PM

Quote:

and an undersized OLB/ oversized, slow SS is going to help this how????
I honestly have no idea what you are talking about....

Blake 03-03-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexVanderpool
and an undersized OLB/ oversized, slow SS is going to help this how????

Texan279 wasnt the guy who said to pick Thomas Davis. So I wouldnt expect Texan279 to answer your question.

I would take Barron.

texan279 03-03-2005 05:45 PM

I agree with DC and 84, we need an O lineman :thumbup After fixing the O line add a TE and maybe a RB, LB, D lineman, and O lineman in the later rounds we should be good to go...

Tailgate 03-03-2005 05:58 PM

My plan from here:

We sign Kevin Johson, Draft DL in 1st, OL in 2nd, and CB in 3rd.

kcwilson 03-03-2005 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreJ
Do yall think there is a TE out there worthy of the number 13 pick?


I don't think we can afford to use #13 on a TE... you go for the OL or a WR, however I think that the WR is what will be chosen... Williamson is the likely pick, but it would sure be nice to build the OL. Either that or we need to surgically attach legs on Carr's back so he can run easier after getting knocked down.

Someone earlier posted about Plaxico contacting Houston. Please don't let that cancer in the door. :loser

wiley2002 03-03-2005 06:06 PM

I agree on the o-line bit but I say we need to work on our d-line moreso than we need to draft a WR with #13. Glad some people here aren't CC. :heh:

texan279 03-03-2005 06:09 PM

Quote:

I agree on the o-line bit but I say we need to work on our d-line moreso than we need to draft a WR with #13. Glad some people here aren't CC.
I don't know how we could work on our D line, we just re-signed Payne today, pretty much solidifying Walker, Payne, and Smith as our starting D line unless Walker or Smith was released which I doubt will happen, there is a lot of money tied up in our D line after today...unless you want to use the 13th pick to add depth to the d line... :woot


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger