Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   First Round Selection Consensus (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69540)

Blake 02-12-2010 12:43 PM

First Round Selection Consensus

Just for fun. If all of these players were available at our pick in the first round, which would you choose?

Robinson has not been resigned.
Daniels and Ryans have been resigned.

Feel free to write in a selection.

Wolf6151 02-12-2010 12:57 PM

Re: First Round Selection Consensus

Was this supposed to be a poll?

Blake 02-12-2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf6151 (Post 1364827)
Was this supposed to be a poll?

lol yeah. It took me a few minutes to create the poll. But it submits the new thread before I submit the poll.

BIG TORO 02-12-2010 01:08 PM

I voted mike U!

HOU-TEX 02-12-2010 01:30 PM

If Dunta does nor get re-signed or tagged, I see us going with CB Kyle Wilson. If Dunta's back this season I'd go with DT Dan Williams.

I chose Dan Williams in the poll because I think Dunta's back for at least this season.

Dutchrudder 02-12-2010 01:33 PM

I went CB. Even if Dunta gets re-signed, we will need someone for the future.

bah007 02-12-2010 01:33 PM

Gotta go DB if Dunta is let go.

Corrosion 02-12-2010 01:38 PM

Until the Senior Bowl I would have said Mike Upati but he looked horrible there.

Fo me it comes down to two players - Dan Williams and Earl Thomas , in this scenerio Dunta hasnt been resigned and that would make me lean twards the DB. I dont think I would be upset with either player.

Blake 02-12-2010 01:53 PM

I voted safety. I would rather fix the free safety position, and worry about my corner in round 2, where I could luck out and get someone like Perrish Cox, Franks, or Ghee.

badboy 02-12-2010 02:06 PM

CB Kyle WIlson without or with DR. You do not allow this type CB get past you. I have a FS later that will train behind Eugene Wilson.

Wolf6151 02-12-2010 02:42 PM

Dan Williams has the biggest value if he's available but Kyle Wilson fills a bigger need, especially if Dunta leaves.

Insideop 02-12-2010 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf6151 (Post 1364923)
Dan Williams has the biggest value if he's available but Kyle Wilson fills a bigger need, especially if Dunta leaves.

I voted for Williams, but if DR leaves I could go with Wilson. Right now it's a toss up with me between Williams, Thomas, and Wilson. Whoever is there at 19/20 is fine. But if DR leaves, I think Wilson becomes more of a priority.

JCTexan 02-12-2010 04:23 PM

If Thomas is still there then I would take him. I would take Kyle Wilson, Dan Williams or Brian Price ahead of Mays though.

Texan4Ever 02-12-2010 04:25 PM

Donovan Warren for me. With coaching and veteran support, I have high hopes for Warren and I expect him to be able to compete in this league and surpass the likes of Marlin Jackson and Leon Hall. I like his height, 6'1", and if he could gain some muscle and get up to 200-lbs we will no doubt have one of the best DBs in the draft.

http://blog.mlive.com/wolverinesfoot...108donovan.jpg

steelbtexan 02-12-2010 06:07 PM

I voted Dwyer

I think it will come down to Williams,Thomas and Dwyer. If all three are there the Texans should be able to trade down a litte and get one of these guys.

If Dwyer had been on last years team the Texans would've had the opportunity to win the Jax and Ariz games plus maybe he can throw a HB pass LOL.

Dwyer would have the most impact on this team more quickly. It will take Thomas and especially Williams longer to get adjusted to the speed of the NFL game.

threetoedpete 02-12-2010 07:28 PM

Long shot he'll fall ...Iupati.

SteveSlaton20 02-15-2010 10:53 AM

Gotta go with my boy Earl Thomas.

nero THE zero 02-15-2010 11:53 AM

Iupati, without question. I'd then draft the best available between Dwyer, Matthews, and Dixon in the second.

mussop 02-16-2010 04:43 AM

Quick, name one RB back currently on the roster you feel confident depending on next year to be a major contributor.

Foster or Moats? No thank you. Slaton? Are you confident enough in his come back and a later round pick to risk the season on them? We dont just need a starter we need depth too.

HOU-TEX 02-16-2010 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mussop (Post 1366402)
Quick, name one RB back currently on the roster you feel confident depending on next year to be a major contributor.

Foster or Moats? No thank you. Slaton? Are you confident enough in his come back and a later round pick to risk the season on them? We dont just need a starter we need depth too.

So what's your point? You want a RB taken in the 1st? I'm pretty sure that won't be happening.