Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Drafting a kicker (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=69369)

El Tejano 02-05-2010 12:48 PM

Drafting a kicker
 
I'm not fully informed on the kickers available but I would like for us to spend a late pick on a kicker. Kris Brown is still on our team and I want a guy that he can honestly look over at and see every reason why The Texans will keep that other guy. Drafting a kicker sends a real strong message. Here is one guy I'd like to pick:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2010

Looks like he can also punt. What do yall think?

http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/20...assassi_1.html

Mods, please move if in wrong section.

threetoedpete 02-05-2010 12:58 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
I think we should hold our water and wait on Butler from Georgia.

ChampionTexan 02-05-2010 01:04 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by El Tejano (Post 1360866)
I'm not fully informed on the kickers available but I would like for us to spend a late pick on a kicker. Kris Brown is still on our team and I want a guy that he can honestly look over at and see every reason why The Texans will keep that other guy. Drafting a kicker sends a real strong message. Here is one guy I'd like to pick:

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.d...&Q_SEASON=2010

Looks like he can also punt. What do yall think?

http://bigrednetwork.com/archives/20...assassi_1.html

Mods, please move if in wrong section.

One of the reasons so many folks are so convinced that Kris Brown should have been replaced mid-season is because kickers are mostly viewed as commodities. I'm not sure if this is as true as those folks think it is, but because there is no shortage of "experienced" kickers on the street, from what I've read, there is no standout kicker in this years draft class, and because for whatever reason, there has been a significant failure rate for college kickers translating to NFL kickers, I'd be somewhat disappointed if we used even a 7th round pick on one of these guys.

El Tejano 02-05-2010 02:42 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Well, we're drafting one. J/K.

SteveSlaton20 02-07-2010 12:01 AM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtY-5wFapso

http://cmsimg.detnews.com/apps/pbcsi...2050410&Ref=AR

stingray 02-07-2010 12:08 AM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Just a thought... But Matt Stover will probably be available next year since Vinateri will probably take over the starting spot next year for the Colts. The guy is old but he is still money. With Kubes future in doubt, he probably won't wanna use a draft pick. I think we could manage with Stover.

JCTexan 02-13-2010 12:44 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray (Post 1361626)
Just a thought... But Matt Stover will probably be available next year since Vinateri will probably take over the starting spot next year for the Colts. The guy is old but he is still money. With Kubes future in doubt, he probably won't wanna use a draft pick. I think we could manage with Stover.

No thanks. Matt Stover has only made 1 field goal of 50+ yards since 2002. Stover would make the Texans punt the ball or go for it a lot more around the 35 yard line. He is a good kicker inside 49 yards though.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 02-13-2010 01:11 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Stover's range is 40 yards. Beyond that and he is worse than Kris Brown.

brakos82 02-13-2010 01:35 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Kris is just as accurate from 25 as he is from 55.

JB 02-13-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Drafting a kicker
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 1365239)
Kris is just as accurate from 25 as he is from 55.

:eek: :panic:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:36 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger