Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Texan4Ever Bye Week Mock Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66893)

Texan4Ever 11-12-2009 07:15 PM

Texan4Ever Bye Week Mock Draft

Here's my mock draft, nuff said...

Round 1) - Patrick Robinson, FSU

Robinson may not put up sexy numbers but he is a solid CB who should be able to start for the Texans right away. He has a decent combination of speed, hieght, agility, and quickness and should be able to replace D-Rob.

Round 2) - Zane Beadles, Utah

May be a little high for him but I am going to pencil him in as a solid second-round player. He has the height and bulk needed to play the Guard position and he plays for, IMO, one of the best offensive lines in the country.

Round 3) - Garrett Graham, Wisconsin

Played for the same team as current Badger Owen Daniels. I'm hoping Daniels can come back and stick around for a few more years but untill then I think Graham would be able to fill in nicely on the Texans squad. He has similar build like Daniels and can do everything you would want a TE to do.

Round 4) - Charles Scott, LSU

No way in hell he stays on the board this low, but hey its my mock and I say we grab him in the 4th if available. Good goal-line back we've needed and can carry the ball as a starter if need be.

Round 5) - John Jerry, Ole Miss

Another Guard? At 6'6" 330-Lbs why not? He can open up holes and provide the push we need on offense however, I don't think he can play in a ZBS scheme but nonetheless he is a solid football player.

Round 6) - Dan Williams, Tennessee

A 6'3" 325-Lbs DT who should slide into the NT position for us and allow Amobiwon to shoot up the middle and disrupt the backfield.

Round 6) -Tim Hiller, Western Michigan

Nice developmental player who has a similar build like Schaub and had a successfull career at WMU.

Round 7) -Zoltan Mesko, Michigan

Good overall Punter, doesn't hurt to have a guy to groom when Matt Turk hangs it up.

Go ahead and rip all you want but these are the guys I want on the Texans roster in 2011!

Texan4Ever 11-14-2009 07:50 PM

Re: Texan4Ever Bye Week Mock Draft

After watching to Florida VS South Carolina, Iv'e decided to drop Robinson out of the first round and instead put Joe Haden there. Haden is a dynamic CB and would be an excellent addition to our team.

Wolf6151 11-16-2009 10:37 AM

Joe Haden, IF he's still available would be a much better choice. Also I doubt that Dan Williams lasts til the 6th round. He's been moving up draft boards lately and now considered a 3rd round pick.

You might want to add what position the players play, I don't know who Garrett Graham is and thus don't know what position he plays.

bah007 11-16-2009 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolf6151 (Post 1301060)
Joe Haden, IF he's still available would be a much better choice. Also I doubt that Dan Williams lasts til the 6th round. He's been moving up draft boards lately and now considered a 3rd round pick.

You might want to add what position the players play, I don't know who Garrett Graham is and thus don't know what position he plays.

Graham is a TE at Wisconsin. I've been a huge fan of his for three years now. I'm not sure how he would fit into our draft plans though.

badboy 11-16-2009 11:15 AM

I have Haden Over Robinson but Haden gone by # 24 where I have Texans currently picking. If by chance Houston loses next two games Haden quickly become available.

Texan4Ever 11-16-2009 06:39 PM

[quote=Wolf6151;1301060]Joe Haden, IF he's still available would be a much better choice. Also I doubt that Dan Williams lasts til the 6th round. He's been moving up draft boards lately and now considered a 3rd round pick.

You might want to add what position the players play, I don't know who Garrett Graham is and thus don't know what position he plays.[/QUOTE]

Sorry bout' that, I did mention them in the descriptions however.

badboy 11-17-2009 08:37 AM

I don't see Turk losing his job yet, but am ok with bring a 7th rounder in to compete. We will probably sign a UDFA QB to groom as Rex Grossman will probably be gone.