Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66823)

gtexan02 11-11-2009 08:42 AM

An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
I was talking to a friend of mine the other day, and he had an interesting thought about the VY, Jeff Fisher, Bud Adams strangeness.

His thought was that VY was significantly more depressed than he or the media let on, and that Fisher benched him because he was legimately afraid that another bad performance by VY could actually lead to suicide.

By waiting until the Titans were 0-6, Adams felt like the pressure was off and forced Fisher to play VY, despite Fishers objections on the basis of VYs mental health.

So far so good for that plan, but I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens if he gets booed again.

WWJD 11-11-2009 10:16 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Who knows but that could be true...

I was just reading a story about Germany's top goalie committing suicide by stepping in front of a train (yikes!).

He was severely depressed over some family issues concerning his children.

Who knows what state Vince was in other than perhaps his family and closest friends?

Double Barrel 11-11-2009 10:37 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Watch out, gtex, you're tip-toeing the line here. VY's #1 fan could find you in the forum and wish bad things for your long-term health. You'd better add a "VY IS AWESOME" disclaimer to your post.

Second Honeymoon 11-12-2009 09:56 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1298537)
Watch out, gtex, you're tip-toeing the line here. VY's #1 fan could find you in the forum and wish bad things for your long-term health. You'd better add a "VY IS AWESOME" disclaimer to your post.

youre not talking about me are you?

MojoMan 11-12-2009 10:00 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
I have a very different theory about these three guys that I have been considering.

Perhaps part of the reason that Vince Young does not have much in the way of passing statistics is that Bud Adams forced Young on Fisher against his will. Perhaps Fisher does not have a lot of confidence in Vince and is using a more conservative offense to hide Vince's shortcomings.

Just a thought.

Double Barrel 11-12-2009 10:10 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon (Post 1299148)
youre not talking about me are you?

Of course not, man! Check your PM. :)

TitanFan 11-12-2009 01:18 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Bud wanted Vince and Fisher didnt. Fish has held that grudge ever since, never fully embracing VY even after he took an 0-5 team to 8-8 (just look at his post game interviews after the texans or nyg's game of vince's rookie season. he doesn't even bring vince up--he couldn't admit being wrong, just like so many fans and analysts out there) and then the playoffs the next year. The thought that he has held Vince on the bench for his mental health is interesting but ultimately laughable. Common guys, Vince is getting paid millions to play. Furthermore, sitting on the bench would be much tougher on the psyche than playing football for a run first team.

I think what mojo failed to say was that Fisher has been proven wrong about Vince. Fisher should lose his job for this 0-6 start and deserves 0 credit for the 2-0 turnaround since Vince took over.

Fish is Vince's and the Titans' biggest problem. Watch out for the Titans to dominate the clock when they come to Houston. Vince and CJ leading the titans on long first down drives.

we're coming

jaayteetx 11-12-2009 01:24 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFan (Post 1299318)
Bud wanted Vince and Fisher didnt. Fish has held that grudge ever since, never fully embracing VY even after he took an 0-5 team to 8-8 (just look at his post game interviews after the texans or nyg's game of vince's rookie season. he doesn't even bring vince up--he couldn't admit being wrong, just like so many fans and analysts out there) and then the playoffs the next year. The thought that he has held Vince on the bench for his mental health is interesting but ultimately laughable. Common guys, Vince is getting paid millions to play. Furthermore, sitting on the bench would be much tougher on the psyche than playing football for a run first team.

I think what mojo failed to say was that Fisher has been proven wrong about Vince. Fisher should lose his job for this 0-6 start and deserves 0 credit for the 2-0 turnaround since Vince took over.

Fish is Vince's and the Titans' biggest problem. Watch out for the Titans to dominate the clock when they come to Houston. Vince and CJ leading the titans on long first down drives.

we're coming

Watch for the Texans defense to shut down the Titans one dimensional offense this time around, Titans winning streak ends in Houston. If they win this week that is.

Double Barrel 11-12-2009 01:32 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFan (Post 1299318)
Bud wanted Vince and Fisher didnt. Fish has held that grudge ever since,...

Source, please. Otherwise it is speculation and conjecture.

Hardcore Texan 11-12-2009 01:41 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
I remember the good ole days when players where benched because of their sucky ass performance......:truck:

spurstexanstros 11-12-2009 05:46 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardcore Texan (Post 1299335)
I remember the good ole days when players where benched because of their sucky ass performance......:truck:

I thought that was why he was benched...that or the sausage party photo.

Honoring Earl 34 11-12-2009 06:07 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFan (Post 1299318)
Bud wanted Vince and Fisher didnt. Fish has held that grudge ever since, never fully embracing VY even after he took an 0-5 team to 8-8 (just look at his post game interviews after the texans or nyg's game of vince's rookie season. he doesn't even bring vince up--he couldn't admit being wrong, just like so many fans and analysts out there) and then the playoffs the next year. The thought that he has held Vince on the bench for his mental health is interesting but ultimately laughable. Common guys, Vince is getting paid millions to play. Furthermore, sitting on the bench would be much tougher on the psyche than playing football for a run first team.

I think what mojo failed to say was that Fisher has been proven wrong about Vince. Fisher should lose his job for this 0-6 start and deserves 0 credit for the 2-0 turnaround since Vince took over.

Fish is Vince's and the Titans' biggest problem. Watch out for the Titans to dominate the clock when they come to Houston. Vince and CJ leading the titans on long first down drives.

we're coming

The Titans started out 0-6 because of Fat Albert and the DC leaving . The next most valuable player/coach is Chris Johnson and if he gets hurt , it won't matter who the QB is . Last year Collins protected the ball and got in field goal range and the defense protected the lead . This year the defense stinks and teams pushed the bully back and now the swagger is gone .

How has Fisher been proven wrong ? It's two games and Texan fans have seen plenty of high percentage dink and dunk passes to know ... they don't win you games .

Sideline 11-12-2009 06:28 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Last year Collins protected the ball and got in field goal range and the defense protected the lead . This year the defense stinks and teams pushed the bully back and now the swagger is gone .


I actually saw some numbers on Collins recently which compared this year and last year and his numbers were virtually all the same, marginally better and worse in some areas but on a whole the same. Collin's job was to manage the game i.e dont lose it.

It's the Titans D that is responsible for their drop off clearly, as the O never had to get much done anyway in order to win.

Hardcore Texan 11-12-2009 08:08 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by spurstexanstros (Post 1299524)
I thought that was why he was benched...that or the sausage party photo.

Precisely! That's why he was benched not because of his fragile ego or whatever the theory was, he sucked ass and he rode the pine. Hope to see more of Sir Wonderlic on the bench in the near future.

Texan4Ever 11-12-2009 08:21 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
No offense to Vince Young (and I hope him the best) but Iv'e believed he was always overrated and that he was hyped up by the media and didn't turn out to be the player everyone thought he would be.

I'll admit it, I thought David Carr would still be around and been to multiple Pro Bowl trips (no one could have had as high of hopes as I did). Carr was another player hyped up and turned out to be a weakling who just wanted to sit on the bench and get a tan.

TitanFan 11-12-2009 09:13 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
it is speculation more than fact, but from every insider account i have read, it defitely seems like fisher didn't like vinces game while bud adams and floyd reese, the former gm were huge fans. Bud has been quoted as saying "Vince is my guy", after he was drafted and multiple times since.

if u had watched the titans the last 2 weeks you would know that their defense is anything but one dimensional, even if that one dimension is the best in the league. Vince is going to surprise people with hsi near 70% completion %.

weve got nothing to lose, but everything to take. sorry guys, i support the texans 87.5% of their regular season games, but MNF is not going to be a good night for you.

TitanFan 11-12-2009 09:19 PM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
ill hear the argument that vince wont be a great nfl qb even tho itll hurt my ears, but to say that vy hasnt proven himself to be the better qb between collins and himself is ludicrous; ie, fisher has been proven wrong

21-11


21 and freaking 11

half of the guys wins have come for teams that lost every other single game they played with another qb. kc 0-5 in 2006 and 0-6 in 2009.

proven

what can he do to show you? winning here im sure still wont be enough

Hookem Horns 11-13-2009 01:08 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
That's sad about the German goalie stepping in front of that train. Unfortunately on MNF VY will be stepping in front of a train also, the 56 Express.

infantrycak 11-13-2009 01:16 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFan (Post 1299623)
it is speculation more than fact, but from every insider account i have read, it defitely seems like fisher didn't like vinces game while bud adams and floyd reese, the former gm were huge fans. Bud has been quoted as saying "Vince is my guy", after he was drafted and multiple times since.

It's kind of funny to see a VY fan come in here and claim Fisher didn't want VY (which I believe) after a few years of having VY fans come in after the draft saying all those reports are BS when they were high on him.

Quote:

Vince is going to surprise people with hsi near 70% completion %.
LOL - barking up the wrong tree. We had a QB tie the NFL record for completions in a row. He sucked too while throwing 2 yard passes to his RB and praying something would happen.

Double Barrel 11-13-2009 10:25 AM

Re: An interesting theory on VY, Jeff Fisher, and Bud Adams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TitanFan (Post 1299624)
21-11


Wow, he did that all by himself. You're right, he's amaaaaaaaazing. He can win without the other 21 players...well, except for 11 of them.

W/L stats for QBs is lame. No other position is judged on that stat for a team sport, and it should be no different for QBs.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:24 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger