Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Bud gets his way, Titans to start VY on Sunday (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66364)

Hookem Horns 10-29-2009 12:05 PM

Bud gets his way, Titans to start VY on Sunday

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20...gainst+Jaguars

This is going to be real interesting, I might have to go to a bar to check that out.

brakos82 10-29-2009 05:20 PM

Re: Bud gets his way, Titans to start VY on Sunday

Let's have a competition on number of pass attempts by VY before an INT. I'll say 5.

Texan_Bill 10-29-2009 05:34 PM

I'll go 12 passes, but none over 7 yards (excluding YAC).

Buffi2 10-29-2009 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 1287976)
Let's have a competition on number of pass attempts by VY before an INT. I'll say 5.

I'll say 1 - second try is an INT

Goatcheese 10-29-2009 10:48 PM

I'll say zero. He breaks down crying when he loses the coin toss and has to be put on suicide watch.

TD 10-29-2009 11:23 PM

Jeff Fisher is done. If it doesn't work, Bud blames Fisher and fires him. If it does work...Bud thinks he knows what he's doing and starts dictating more...the team quickly goes to shit..Bud blames Fisher and fires him.

This is Jim Zorn lite.

Second Honeymoon 10-29-2009 11:32 PM

I don't see Bud firing Fisher. I could see Fisher ask for a buyout on his contract and coach elsewhere next year though. Bud would probably hold him to his contract or try and trade him to a team that wants to hire him. Can't coaches under contract be traded like Parcells was? Did they change that rule when that happened or is it still ok to trade coaches.

If I was a team like Washington, I would have to look long and hard at Fisher. Fisher has shown he can coach under a meddlesome owner and have success and they would have all the resources needed to assemble a staff and address weaknesses.

Hookem Horns 10-29-2009 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon (Post 1288136)
If I was a team like Washington, I would have to look long and hard at Fisher. Fisher has shown he can coach under a meddlesome owner and have success and they would have all the resources needed to assemble a staff and address weaknesses.

Fisher would probably be a sought out coach so I doubt he would work for Snyder if he has other choices. Besides, I want Vince Young to end up in Washington so we can't have Fisher go there.

Texan_Bill 10-30-2009 09:04 AM

Anybody know what's up with Gotits.com??? :mcnugget:

GlassHalfFull 10-30-2009 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1288221)
Anybody know what's up with Gotits.com??? :mcnugget:

I think they imploded. :lolrskates:

Hookem Horns 10-30-2009 11:38 AM

I go to www.titanstailgate.com since I literally know most of those guys.

ziggy29 10-30-2009 12:07 PM

Guess that's the end of KEYE showing Texans games in Austin ...

Texan_Bill 10-30-2009 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1288318)
I go to www.titanstailgate.com since I literally know most of those guys.

I go there sometimes, although I'm not registered. Gotitans seemed to have a lot more heated battles over "Radio".

Second Honeymoon 10-30-2009 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1288140)
Fisher would probably be a sought out coach so I doubt he would work for Snyder if he has other choices. Besides, I want Vince Young to end up in Washington so we can't have Fisher go there.

Doubt Vince would head to Skins. One things for sure, barring a miraculous revival by VY, Vince will be playing elsewhere next year. He will have to be willing to be a backup maybe an open competition but he will have to work a lot harder than he has up till now.

He has never been a brainiac but he needs to realize you can't fake it through NFL gameday preparation. You gotta put in the film studies, get the reps, and find a go-to receiver that you can trust and be on the same page with. First year Schaub linked with AJ in the offseason. Next year he linked with Walter mentally. This year he is linking with Daniels. This is all because Schaub puts in the extra time throwing the ball to his guys in the offseason as well as in-season and he trusts them and is willing to throw to open spaces.

Vince has a long way to go to get it back and the only way he can do that is to change his routine and preparation. He needs to be more of a real professional and a real leader and deal with disappointment and failure a lot more gracefully. Basically, stop being a whining baby and get out there and get your career back. If not, this guy could be in the UFL next year.

I wonder what would happen if Vince came in and the team started playing better and winning. Would pigs fly? Would hell freeze over?

Seriously, could you imagine the delimna if that happens. Maybe Young goes out and kicks ass just to prove that Fisher was wrong. The Titans wouldn't know what to do. Fisher obviously can't stand Young and it took Bud putting a gun to his head to finally do it. Sadly for the Titans, the problem isn't Kerry Collins, it is their lack of WR talent and the demise of their OL/running game. Their defense has also been decimated by injury. I feel sorry for Kerry but it may be the best for the TItans to play Young and see what they got before they have to decide on his future as a Titan....plus they should be picking early enough to address the QB position if Young stinks it up

Mr teX 10-30-2009 01:37 PM

7 passes max...b/c by pass # 4 the titties will be so far out of it they'll have to throw it down field more just to try and stay in the game.....and that's the sausage kid's achilles heel.....:turtle:

StarStruck 10-30-2009 02:27 PM

I hope he does well. He was so much fun to watch in high school and college and perhaps he will have or develop the ability to rekindle his career as an awesome quarterback.

Corrosion 11-01-2009 06:01 AM

Buck Fud :)

whiskeyrbl 11-01-2009 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brakos82 (Post 1287976)

I'll bite.
3, and the int is a pick 6.:goodluck:

Blazing Arrow 11-01-2009 01:09 PM

I could see him fitting well with the 9ers and they do not have a QB.

ziggy29 11-01-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StarStruck (Post 1288445)
I hope he does well. He was so much fun to watch in high school and college and perhaps he will have or develop the ability to rekindle his career as an awesome quarterback.

You don't live in Austin. If VY does well, say goodbye to the Texans games we've been seeing this year...