Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   The Blazing Arrow "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   This week's least surprising news - Bud name Vince Starter. (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66269)

ChampionTexan 10-27-2009 09:03 AM

This week's least surprising news - Bud name Vince Starter.

Quote:

Titans owner Bud Adams wants Vince Young starting at quarterback beginning with Sunday's game against the Jaguars.

Following the 59-0 loss to the Patriots on Oct. 18 that dropped the Titans to 0-6, Adams told The Tennessean he'd made Coach Jeff Fisheraware of his desire to see Young play.

In the past week the 86-year-old owner has been more direct, according to sources familiar with the situation. Adams wants the change now.
LINK

Stemp 10-27-2009 09:09 AM

Re: This week's least surprising news - Bud name Vince Starter.

Might as well. They are paying him as a starter and their current starter sucks ass. Honestly, they really can't do any worse.

Texan_Bill 10-27-2009 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 1285960)

Bud Wants His Vince :shades:

Txn_in_FL 10-27-2009 09:20 AM

So here is the predicament. Do you cheer for VY to crash and burn keeping the Jags close to us in the standings or do you hope for a Titan win to drop the Jags back a bit.

It's quite a vomit inducing decision to make.

GuerillaBlack 10-27-2009 09:22 AM

Titans win, but they continue to a 1-15 record.

....but, then they could draft Eric Berry. Damn.

gtexan02 10-27-2009 09:22 AM

There is zero chance that the Titans run the table after their awful 0-6 start.

A 9-7 record won't get you into the playoffs in the AFC.

So Im going to force myself to cheer for the tits because we need Jackonsville to lose. A loss puts them at 3-4, plus hurts their division record.

Because they hold the tiebreaker on us right now, a Titans loss is more important than a Jax win

ChampionTexan 10-27-2009 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1285972)

Shoot - I didn't see that, was just looking in the rivalry section. Oh well, his link is broken anyway (Hookem's, not Vince's) (Well, maybe Vince's too now that I think about it - I guess we'll find out).

Texan_Bill 10-27-2009 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChampionTexan (Post 1285978)
Shoot - I didn't see that, was just looking in the rivalry section. Oh well, his link is broken anyway (Hookem's, not Vince's) (Well, maybe Vince's too now that I think about it - I guess we'll find out).

I just like jacking with you about other threads!! :spit:

Kaiser Toro 10-27-2009 09:31 AM

Come on Vince! Would love to see the Titans beat Jags, start to get competitive thereby making our Monday Night on 11/23 have some energy, and provide the Texans a platform for revenge.

I ain't holding my breath, but I want some buzz for that Monday night game.

NitroGSXR 10-27-2009 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC (Post 1285974)
So here is the predicament. Do you cheer for VY to crash and burn keeping the Jags close to us in the standings or do you hope for a Titan win to drop the Jags back a bit.

Easy choice for me and I don't see why it's so hard for others. Whatever helps the Texans in the standings.

Go Titans.

hobie 10-27-2009 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1285984)
Come on Vince! Would love to see the Titans beat Jags, start to get competitive thereby making our Monday Night on 11/23 have some energy, and provide the Texans a platform for revenge.

KT, there will be buzz regardless who's under center for the Titans...It's the Titans, that alone with a Monday night showdown is the deal... VY just makes it more press worthy IMO....

Kaiser Toro 10-27-2009 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 1285991)
KT, there will be buzz regardless who's under center for the Titans...It's the Titans, that alone with a Monday night showdown is the deal... VY just makes it more press worthy IMO....

I do not discount that line of thinking as I am well aware of how legacy Oiler fans feels, but for me there will be a huge difference in the stands if VY is under Center.

hobie 10-27-2009 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1285992)
I do not discount that line of thinking as I am well aware of how legacy Oiler fans feels, but for me there will be a huge difference in the stands if VY is under Center.

True, there will be a lot more VY jerseys being worn !! ughhh

Stemp 10-27-2009 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 1286028)
True, there will be a lot more VY jerseys being worn !! ughhh

Unlikely IMO. Most of the VY lovers have given up on him. Even the Texas fans I work with think he's pretty much worthless as an NFL QB.

infantrycak 10-27-2009 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro (Post 1285984)

Revenge for the Texans? We won the last two. They're the ones looking for revenge.

Kaiser Toro 10-27-2009 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 1286054)
Revenge for the Texans? We won the last two. They're the ones looking for revenge.

Revenge for that comeback which VY orchestrated on our field. I was a big fan of VY in college, but not a fan of his in the NFL. That instance is the one where I am in the corner of legacy Oiler fan. I want that demon exorcised, and on national TV it would be pea soup pleasing.

Double Barrel 10-27-2009 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stemp (Post 1285964)
Might as well. They are paying him as a starter and their current starter sucks ass. Honestly, they really can't do any worse.

oh yes they can do worse...0-16 is much worse than 0-6!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Txn_in_NC (Post 1285974)

Root for the Titans?! NEVER!!! :dontknowa

Txn_in_FL 10-27-2009 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1286097)

Root for the Titans?! NEVER!!! :dontknowa

That's what I say. If our season comes down to a tie breaker between us and the Jags then this season is a complete and utter failure.

Ryan 10-27-2009 03:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroHonda (Post 1285989)

Go Titans.

:backsout:

NitroGSXR 10-27-2009 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ryan (Post 1286266)
:backsout:

You're not a Texans fan first. You're a Titans hater first.

I'm a Texans fan first. Go Titans.