Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Coaching Staff (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6564)

M@DD Mike 02-17-2005 11:28 AM

Coaching Staff
 
Is this the staff to take the team to the postseason? I don't think so. Hat's off to building a great young team but I don't believe this is a winning staff. How many times last season did you scream at the tv "what are you doing..."
The play calling left much to be desired in a few games that could have easily went in our favor.

TexansTrueFan 02-17-2005 11:45 AM

well i gurantee if they had ran the plays differently the way you think they should have done,. and they still didnt work you would have been screaming "what are you doing". I think Capers can take us all the way to where we want to be !

M@DD Mike 02-17-2005 12:06 PM

I don't want to see draw plays on third and long when we're down late in the game. If the players mess the play up that's one thing but give them shot to make the play. Some games it seems the play calling favors Carr's abilities most other times he isn't put in the position to win. More aggressive offense is the only way to win when the defense needs help.

Tailgate 02-17-2005 02:10 PM

Why dont you actually give them a chance after building the "good young" team as you say.... with 3 full years under thier belt.

Remember.... we are not even into the 4th year of the 5 year plan yet.

PATIENCE!!!!!

TexansTrueFan 02-17-2005 02:14 PM

yeah we dont have all the pieces in place yet to turn the offense loose like the colts do, next season i'm sure you'll see more of the kinda offense you like !

wags 02-17-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M@DD Mike
Is this the staff to take the team to the postseason? I don't think so. Hat's off to building a great young team but I don't believe this is a winning staff. How many times last season did you scream at the tv "what are you doing..."
The play calling left much to be desired in a few games that could have easily went in our favor.

The staff is good enough IMO. The better question is are the players? If you have guys who lose their matchups, a certain play is going to look bad. Everyone one gets tired of the "execute" excuse, but that's what it comes down to.

the wonger need food 02-17-2005 07:07 PM

Welcome to the board Mike. A couple of things you will quickly learn are that David Carr is a HOF QB and the coaching staff is equal to that of New England. Enjoy!

texansfan88 02-17-2005 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the wonger need food
Welcome to the board Mike. A couple of things you will quickly learn are that David Carr is a HOF QB and the coaching staff is equal to that of New England. Enjoy!

and that wonger food is a bitter bitter man because his ideas are blasted on the board

Texans Pride 02-17-2005 07:21 PM

Does anyone get tired of hearing me say, "There was a reason these coaches didn't have jobs when we started our team!"

red bull 02-17-2005 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Does anyone get tired of hearing me say, "There was a reason these coaches didn't have jobs when we started our team!"

That's the first time I've heard it and I'm tired of it. First of all, some of the coaches were hired away from other jobs (i.e. Capers was DC in Jacksonville). Second, every coach that spends a good chunk of time in the NFL is going to get fired at some point. Show me an NFL team that doesn't have a bunch of coaches who have been fired at some point. You can cross the Patriots off the list first, since their head coach was jobless not so long ago.

texan279 02-17-2005 08:27 PM

And let's not forget Capers took the Panthers to the NFC Championship in 1996...

gg no re 02-17-2005 08:41 PM

Didn't Chris Palmer take a Cleveland team to the playoffs?

edit: nm.... he got axed.... but he WAS on a staff that had Belichick on it.... does that count as a pro?

TexansTrueFan 02-17-2005 08:42 PM

ok mike this board is offically filled with people who say they love the texans and yet they always talk about how BAD our team is, or the fans like ME who love every thing about our team ! You'll learn quickly who the TRUE FANS are !

texan279 02-17-2005 08:43 PM

Quote:

Didn't Chris Palmer take a Cleveland team to the playoffs?
No, he was 5-27 as head coach of the Browns.

gg no re 02-17-2005 08:45 PM

Yeah, I had just checked up on that.... I feel discouraged somewhat.

texan279 02-17-2005 08:46 PM

Quote:

Yeah, I had just checked up on that.... I feel discouraged somewhat.
IMO some coaches make horrible head coaches but make pretty good offensive or defensive coordinators or assistants.

TexansTrueFan 02-17-2005 08:58 PM

na some OC and DC were never meant to be head coaches, that dont mean they aint good at other aspects of the game though !

Texans Pride 02-17-2005 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
ok mike this board is offically filled with people who say they love the texans and yet they always talk about how BAD our team is, or the fans like ME who love every thing about our team ! You'll learn quickly who the TRUE FANS are !


Gotta love the message board, always a good time!!!

texan279 02-17-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

na some OC and DC were never meant to be head coaches, that dont mean they aint good at other aspects of the game though !
That was the point of my post, some coaches make a good OC or DC but a horrible head coach.

TexansTrueFan 02-17-2005 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans Pride
Gotta love the message board, always a good time!!!


haha come on Texans Pride i wasnt exactly talking about you ! But maybe we should give the coaching staff the 5 year plan they promised us before we jump the gun and have to teach a new system to all our players !


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:50 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger