Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Chad and Dre... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6528)

TheTim5125 02-15-2005 07:00 PM

Chad and Dre...
 
Chad Johnson and Andre Johnson work out at the University of Miami... Just a lil tidbit... also on Total Access Rich Eisen asked Chad why Dre doesn't talk and Chad says he does his talking on the field... just some tidbits...

THEFUTURE 02-15-2005 07:13 PM

i respect Dre so much, especially with the times we are in, he makes the big play, and just keeps on playing.. it has never been a "me first" mentality for Dre, and i think it is pretty cool for Chad to acknowledge Dre that way too, especially since Chad is total opposite

vtech9 02-15-2005 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEFUTURE
i respect Dre so much, especially with the times we are in, he makes the big play, and just keeps on playing.. it has never been a "me first" mentality for Dre, and i think it is pretty cool for Chad to acknowledge Dre that way too, especially since Chad is total opposite

If you watched the Pro Bowl this past weekend, you probably saw Chad Johnson score a TD and then just give the ball to the Ref. He didn't celebrate or do some kind of stunt or dance. When asked about it afterwards, he basically said that he doesn't need to do all of that stuff to get noticed anymore. It basically sounded like he is starting to mature.

AndreJ 02-15-2005 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtech9
If you watched the Pro Bowl this past weekend, you probably saw Chad Johnson score a TD and then just give the ball to the Ref. He didn't celebrate or do some kind of stunt or dance. When asked about it afterwards, he basically said that he doesn't need to do all of that stuff to get noticed anymore. It basically sounded like he is starting to mature.

You sure he scored a TD. I remember looking at the stat sheet and found it very odd that he didn't have any catches at all. It may have been a typo or mistake, or maybe Chad ran it in on a reverse or something.

I was just curious.

Fiddy 02-15-2005 08:38 PM

CJ didnt score a TD...

vtech9 02-15-2005 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy
CJ didnt score a TD...

Ya know what, I might have been thinking about last years game. NFL Network has been showing replays of last years Pro Bowl, and I have watched a couple times, so that's probably what it was.

Ranger 02-15-2005 09:45 PM

I don't blame Chad Johnson for doing what he does, I mean you gotta do something to get a lil attention in Cinninati :rofl:

Did you guys see Chad Johnson in the skills competion? Wow I was impressed. That kid has some "hops" and hands. He impressed me.

Cincinnatikid 02-16-2005 10:16 AM

Chad Johnson is a stud. He may have had some antics last season but if a player wants to get some spotlight/endorsements then you gotta do something. The guy is all over nfl ads now so you cant blame him. Actually if you ever see the guy in non-game time situations he is very quiet and reserved. I also note that he only puts his gold teeth in for games. The guy shows confidence and its well deserved. He would be my first choice in the entire NFL if i had to pick one receiver, the guy makes plays that are ridiculous, and he doesnt drop passes (except one bad game against the browns this season)

Youngstown Colt 02-16-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vtech9
If you watched the Pro Bowl this past weekend, you probably saw Chad Johnson score a TD and then just give the ball to the Ref. He didn't celebrate or do some kind of stunt or dance. When asked about it afterwards, he basically said that he doesn't need to do all of that stuff to get noticed anymore. It basically sounded like he is starting to mature.

Well I geuss you just got chad confused with Marvin Harrison. Chad will always be a great talent, but he will NEVER stop running his mouth. He may stop for a week like he did after Cleveland blew up his "pepto" in his face, but like his cousin Keyshawn, he will always talk.

infantrycak 02-16-2005 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
and he doesnt drop passes (except one bad game against the browns this season)

FYI

Chad dropped 14 passes out of 170--8.2%
Andre dropped 4 passes out of 138--2.8%

TheOgre 02-16-2005 11:09 AM

It comes as no shock that Chad Johnson and Keyshawn Johnson are cousins. I wonder what the house were their two dads grew up was like.

THEFUTURE 02-16-2005 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cincinnatikid
. He would be my first choice in the entire NFL if i had to pick one receiver (except one bad game against the browns this season)

i would take a few WR before Chad, Dre being one of em... Chad post bigger numbers, but was thrown to a lot more... when Carr can start throwing the ball with time in the pocket, like earlier in the season for example... minnesota... Dre will be a top 3 receiver if not the best receiver... if not next year, then the year after

F-minus67 02-16-2005 02:48 PM

I was just looking through the pro bowl pictures, did anyone else notice how much bigger Dre is than Torry Holt?

ColdSteelBlue 02-16-2005 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by F-minus67
I was just looking through the pro bowl pictures, did anyone else notice how much bigger Dre is than Torry Holt?

I think Dre was bigger than some the lbs.

Cincinnatikid 02-16-2005 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak
FYI

Chad dropped 14 passes out of 170--8.2%
Andre dropped 4 passes out of 138--2.8%


You also have to look at some of the pass types that were dropped. Andre tends to have shorter passes in general compared to Chad. Chad had a few drops that were 50 yards down field in double coverage. So the comparison isnt completely accurate. Chad actually does also stop running his mouth a lot of times, its just that the few times he opened it, he was shown all over tv. You also have to look at his character, he has no blemishes in terms of legal matters, domestic matters, or on the field problems. All the guy shows is confidence. He also makes big plays and i will take that with a few extra drops any day.

TexansTrueFan 02-16-2005 06:52 PM

i kinda want AJ to run his mouth a lil,,,have a lil publicity down here in houston. Plus fans eat that stuff up, well i do, its ok to talk alot, but sharpies and signs,,,,come on.

YodAa 02-16-2005 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i kinda want AJ to run his mouth a lil,,,have a lil publicity down here in houston. Plus fans eat that stuff up, well i do, its ok to talk alot, but sharpies and signs,,,,come on.

If he started doing that than people would start getting mad at him and we'd have a Randy Moss as a Texan! Well maybe he could do a lil Ray Lewis talkin. Everybody loves Ray.

jr0ck 02-18-2005 01:56 PM

Quote:

Everybody loves Ray.
i've always thought ray lewis is kinda cartooney. granted he is (some would argue was right now) the the most punishing defender in the league, but he just comes across as scripted to an extent. so i don't love ray, but i did love TO's ray-ray dance, which i nominate as the funniest sports moment of the year!! still makes me chuckle thinking about it...

Fiddy 02-18-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YodAa
Everybody loves Ray.

Ummm...no.

I have never liked him but I respected him until 2 years ago when he mocked Joey Porter of the Steelers by doing his kick when Porter was sidelined because he was healing from a gun shot wound...

Vinny 02-18-2005 04:14 PM

I've disliked Ray Lewis since his "crew" stabbled and killed somebody and sped off in his limo.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:52 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger