Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk Archive (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   HC possibilities - Cowher is the current flavor (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64611)

Silver Oak 09-14-2009 08:51 PM

HC possibilities - Cowher is the current flavor

I'm not in the group that wants Kubiak out, but if the season spirals downward from yesterday, then I will be in that group soon.

That said, I thought we could throw some names out that could be available at seasons end.

Jon Gruden

Pantherstang84 09-14-2009 08:54 PM

Re: HC possibilities

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Oak (Post 1249631)
I'm not in the group that wants Kubiak out, but if the season spirals downward from yesterday, then I will be in that group soon.

That said, I thought we could throw some names out that could be available at seasons end.

Jon Gruden

I've always liked Gruden. He runs the same offense pretty much. I wonder who he would bring in as D Coordinator?

Marcus 09-14-2009 09:00 PM

Boy, you know the season has already gone into the sh!tter when you see threads like this pop up.

Ugh.

IlliniJen 09-14-2009 09:01 PM

I like Gruden.

I like Cowher too, but folks keep saying he would never come to Houston. I don't know what they have to back this statement up, so if anyone could education me, please do.

Shanny is a possibility that does NOT set my panties on fire. More of the same, IMHO.

brakos82 09-14-2009 09:03 PM

Mike Holmgren?

Tony Dungy?

Wolf 09-14-2009 09:06 PM

hell might as well throw Dan Reeves in the mix

:chickendance:

m5kwatts 09-14-2009 09:07 PM

How about Gary just coaches better? I'd say taking back play-calling duties would be a good start.

Marcus 09-14-2009 09:16 PM

Richard Justice.:drive:

jaayteetx 09-14-2009 09:25 PM

Bum Phillips:fans:

awtysst 09-14-2009 09:26 PM

awtysst would make a great head coach!

CoastalTexan 09-14-2009 09:32 PM

Ron Rivera???

Silver Oak 09-14-2009 09:32 PM

I was also going to throw Charlie Weiss out there, but defensively, I don't know what he would bring.

cdastros 09-14-2009 09:45 PM

Sean McDermott

He coaches the eagles D and will be a hot commodity at the end of the year.

CoastalTexan 09-14-2009 09:54 PM

I dont know about the Eagles DC, he's very young and just got the DC job this year, taking over from a legend.

Double Barrel 09-14-2009 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcus (Post 1249641)
Boy, you know the season has already gone into the sh!tter when you see threads like this pop up.

Ugh.

:um: wait a minute...

I see what you did there. Weren't you the one that started the Fire Kubiak thread during the game yesterday? :hmmm:

Goatcheese 09-14-2009 10:02 PM

Richard Smith for Head Coach! The campaign starts here!!!!

TexanSam 09-14-2009 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniJen (Post 1249642)
I like Cowher too, but folks keep saying he would never come to Houston. I don't know what they have to back this statement up, so if anyone could education me, please do.

Me too, please. Bill Cowher likes having full control and Bob McNair is not really a hand on owner. At least we'd have that going for us if the season goes really, really downhill...

rollinstone18 09-14-2009 10:26 PM

seriously? guys, we're one game into the season.

brakos82 09-14-2009 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rollinstone18 (Post 1249731)
seriously? guys, we're one game into the season.

Tell that to the "1st overall pick in 2010" thread. LOL

DiehardChris 09-14-2009 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IlliniJen (Post 1249642)
I like Gruden.

Shanny is a possibility that does NOT set my panties on fire. More of the same, IMHO.

I think Gruden is overrated. His players hated him in Tampa, in not in that good way.

If Bill Cowher wanted to be coaching, he'd be coaching. You think the availability of the Texans job is going to pull him out of retirement? Not a chance. There are potentially going to be WAY more attractive jobs (for Cowher) than Houston at the end of this season.

Carolina - where he's from and where most people think he's just waiting for them to fire the current HC.
Dallas - huge piles of money, high profile job - and if you think he won't put up with the Billionaire Hillbilly Jerrah Jones, don't forget that Parcells put up with him.
Redskins - high profile, owner is insane with money and will spend it without question, great division, rich history.
Vikings - great O-line and D-line already in place, perhaps the best RB of our generation already in place, decent amount of history.

Look at all those jobs that might be available, and ask yourself why Bill Cowher would consider the Texans?