Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Breakable .... (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64118)

Blazing Arrow 09-01-2009 12:18 AM

Breakable ....
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?

imatexan 09-01-2009 12:22 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
When you admit that the franchise your a fan of is a failure and always will be.

Texecutioner 09-01-2009 12:22 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238069)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?

I'm sure this will somehow get blamed on Jared Allen somehow.

He's been injury prone and there is no way around it. NFL spectators, analysts, and fans everywhere mention that before they say anything else when Schaub's name is mentioned. "If he can stay healthy" seems to be the token line with Matt Schaub. I'm so tired of hearing it, but it's totally relevant.

stingray 09-01-2009 12:24 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238069)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?

I acknowledge it last year and I got ripped by most for it. Got some negative rep for it. Most said that it was the "cheap shots" that injured him. I kept saying, most Qb's get cheap shots but they don't go down like Matt. We will see who's right by years end. I hope I am totally wrong. But everytime I see Matt with any pressure, I cringe.

JCTexan 09-01-2009 12:28 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238069)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?

I will be the first to admit he's had his troubles staying on the field. Having said that I don't think he would have left this game if it was in the regular season. He did return to finish the half.

Blazing Arrow 09-01-2009 12:30 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
I don't wish injury on any player but it seems every time he gets a solid hit on him he has some new injury.

If you guys do not think that every team he plays goes after that ankle you have not watched football in the last 30 years. Limping off the field and basically telegraphing your injuries to the opposition .... you might as well put a target on that spot. Not saying it is right but you better believe he will get more pressure on that side until he proves his ankle in

JCTexan 09-01-2009 12:31 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray (Post 1238073)
I acknowledge it last year and I got ripped by most for it. Got some negative rep for it. Most said that it was the "cheap shots" that injured him. I kept saying, most Qb's get cheap shots but they don't go down like Matt. We will see who's right by years end. I hope I am totally wrong. But everytime I see Matt with any pressure, I cringe.

I'm sure having those cheap shots didn't help. Having someone hit your knees like that twice in one game is going to make you miss some time. Just ask Tom Brady.

Blazing Arrow 09-01-2009 12:34 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
If it is a hammy like it looked ... I would expect a ton of blitzes on him. Hard when you can no move around much in the pocket.

stingray 09-01-2009 12:41 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 1238077)
I'm sure having those cheap shots didn't help. Having someone hit your knees like that twice in one game is going to make you miss some time. Just ask Tom Brady.

Yeah, But Tom Brady has missed ONE season... has played well over seven seasons, including many many playoff games. Matt can't get through one season. And I ain't betting the farm that he is getting past this one.

JCTexan 09-01-2009 12:51 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238076)
I don't wish injury on any player but it seems every time he gets a solid hit on him he has some new injury.

If you guys do not thing that every team he plays goes after that ankle has no watched football in the last 30 years. Limping off the field and basically telegraphing your injuries to the opposition .... you might as well put a target on that spot. Not saying it is right but you better believe he will get more pressure on that side until he proves his ankle in

He's missed time because of a dislocated shoulder, and because of those cheap shots from Allen. I would assume that a lot of people would have missed the same amount of time because of those injuries.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stingray (Post 1238085)
Yeah, But Tom Brady has missed ONE season... has played well over seven seasons, including many many playoff games. Matt can't get through one season. And I ain't betting the farm that he is getting past this one.

The whole team is betting on him staying healthy, though. I would bet this year wouldn't be as productive without Schaub.

stingray 09-01-2009 12:56 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JCTexan (Post 1238089)
The whole team is betting on him staying healthy, though. I would bet this year wouldn't be as productive without Schaub.

That's the million dollar question... What if matt misses more than three games this year. What will Rick Smith do? Draft a Qb in the first? Free agent Qb? Getting a good reliable QB is not easy, just ask the Houston Texans. There's not many around.

Dan B. 09-01-2009 01:05 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
So let me get this straght:

A Titans fan wants us to admit our team has QB issues? That we've got way too much money tied up in a guy that never sees the field?

Watch your own team's QB's light up the field. Regale us with the legendary connection of Collins/Washington (sure to outperform Schaub/Johnson at season's end). Something tells me Schaub will have better numbers than Young at the end of the season, no matter how many series Schaub misses to get his ankle taped.

Hookem Horns 09-01-2009 09:52 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238069)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?

http://images.dailyradar.com/media/u...-Shirtless.jpg

So ... when are "yous" going to acknowledge that your guy has issues with sausage parties?

Texan_Bill 09-01-2009 09:58 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238076)
I don't wish injury on any player but it seems every time he gets a solid hit on him he has some new injury.

If you guys do not thing that every team he plays goes after that ankle has no watched football in the last 30 years. Limping off the field and basically telegraphing your injuries to the opposition .... you might as well put a target on that spot. Not saying it is right but you better believe he will get more pressure on that side until he proves his ankle in

Teams may attack Schaub's injuries i.e. sprained ankle or go after him physically, etc. but by the same token, teams will attack your QB's intelligence.

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_as...9/young3ce.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_PpV3X66GLv...incedouche.jpg

http://hollywoodjesus.com/movie/radio/27.jpg

http://ruthlessreviews.com/pics4/radio2.jpg

Hervoyel 09-01-2009 10:21 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238069)
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

So ... when are "y'all" going to acknowledge this guy has issues with injures?


Acknowledged and it's not fun saying that.

Nothing we can do about it now but hope for the best. It's depressing knowing that all the spin in the world isn't going to help this. Matt's got some talent, clearly has the desire, and I think is willing to go out there and play hurt to some extent but he just doesn't appear to have the necessary durability to be an every Sunday guy. We're mostly good as long as we can keep him clean but guys like this tend to find the injuries regardless of what you do.

Hey, we could get lucky. Even Chris Chandler QB'd a team to a Super Bowl once.

We need to be keeping an eye open for his eventual replacement. I'm really thinking next year or two we draft a rookie QB. Hopefully when that guy appears in the draft and we take him the rest of the offense will be in place and ready to start making some noise.

Honoring Earl 34 09-01-2009 10:27 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2006/wonderlic.htm

Blazing Arrow 09-01-2009 11:06 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dan B. (Post 1238100)
So let me get this straght:

A Titans fan wants us to admit our team has QB issues? That we've got way too much money tied up in a guy that never sees the field?

Watch your own team's QB's light up the field. Regale us with the legendary connection of Collins/Washington (sure to outperform Schaub/Johnson at season's end). Something tells me Schaub will have better numbers than Young at the end of the season, no matter how many series Schaub misses to get his ankle taped.

What are you babbling on about? All I said is the guy is injury prone and when all you do is scamper out of bounds and you come up lame it just gives more proof. The Titans are a run first team. Collins is there to keep the defense honest and manage the game. And yes I would hope that your starting QB will probably get better numbers then our #2 guy.

Silver Oak 09-01-2009 11:12 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238295)
What are you babbling on about? All I said is the guy is injury prone and when all you do is scamper out of bounds and you come up lame it just gives more proof. The Titans are a run first team. Collins is there to keep the defense honest and manage the game. And yes I would hope that your starting QB will probably get better numbers then our #2 guy.

I believe your number one pick in 2006 was also injured while running out of bounds, and isn't he supposedly "athletic"?

Specnatz 09-01-2009 11:16 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1238295)
What are you babbling on about? All I said is the guy is injury prone and when all you do is scamper out of bounds and you come up lame it just gives more proof. The Titans are a run first team. Collins is there to keep the defense honest and manage the game. And yes I would hope that your starting QB will probably get better numbers then our #2 guy.

The Titans are a choke first team.

Blazing Arrow 09-01-2009 11:29 AM

Re: Breakable ....
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1238253)
Teams may attack Schaub's injuries i.e. sprained ankle or go after him physically, etc. but by the same token, teams will attack your QB's intelligence.

What are they going to attack him on the bench? Might as well compare him to D. Orlovsky because they actually play the same spot. Young's numbers have blow Orlovsky's out of the water this preseason. Plus Orlovsky is more likely to see the field because of Schaubs troubles staying upright.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:13 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger