Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   We should trade for Randy Moss (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6392)

DoCt3rJ 02-08-2005 11:00 PM

We should trade for Randy Moss

Haha jk =p. I would rather have Matt Stevens than Randy Moss. But we do need a good #2 beside AJ. Gaffney is a good slot guy. Bradford should get the door, and... were left looking for a solid #2. Im thinking a guy with speed/deep threat, but also reliable 10-15 yard catch on 3rd downs =)

TexansTrueFan 02-08-2005 11:02 PM

i doubt we'd get or even want randy moss, do you see anybody on our whole team who has HALF the personality of RM ??? No and prolly never will with C.C as GM and Capers as head coach !

DoCt3rJ 02-08-2005 11:04 PM

Ya I know thats why I said Just Kidding =) I just thought the Texans need a little spotlight, some TV time, we'll be a headline everyweek with Moss. Just too bad not all of them would be good =p

TexansTrueFan 02-08-2005 11:10 PM

haha yeah well it wont be long till were in the national spotlight every week, i say it starts in week 5 of next season when we are 5-1, and looking at the play-offs ! Its off-season so i can dream :banana:

Ranger 02-08-2005 11:29 PM

Do you know how much we would have to give up to get this guy as well? Besides what would Moss and Johnson do for Carr if he can't throw them the ball without getting sacked first.

The Jets, Raiders, and Ravens seem to be the interested teams, and beleive it or not the Jets may be th biggest player, they made an offer for him last year but the Vikings weren't serious. Theyre seious this time around. Hard to imagine Moss in Jets green, but think about the NY reporters all over him.

Corrosion 02-09-2005 01:11 AM

NO NO NO .... the Texans dont want a player like that in the locker room ,
And im sure most fans want nothing to do with him either . The guy is very talented but his character will always and forever keep him from reaching his full potential..... i wish to see him as a 49'er ..... why ? Because they are SO BAD he wont see the play-offs for a LONG TIME . :hairpull:

(i did say "Wish" ..... knowing full well he wont end up in San Fran.)

He will pull a T.O. and demand to go to a certian team and as usual the managment will break , he will get his way (If Traded at all).

NO Cancer in the locker room plz

ledzeppelin229 02-09-2005 01:44 AM

Who is this... "Matt Stevens"... you speak of...?

The memories, the nightmares, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh

No more mention of that name.

Apoc6 02-09-2005 02:23 AM

Cancer in the clubhouse anyone?????

Randy Moss is being shopped by the Vikes. While he is a gifted athlete and playmaker he also has the unfortunate ability to cause a negative vibe in his clubhouse. Do you really want AJ and Moss together??? While Moss gives you the best WR tandem in the NFL with AJ he also could undermine all that has been put in place so far. And how much are you willing to pay, because they aren't going to take Seth "LIMP" Wand and Bennie "POO" Joppru.
Peace.

Grid 02-09-2005 01:42 PM

wow.. I dont think anyone read the original post :)

Im hoping starling can be our #2 guy. he has the speed.. but in the meantime we probably need to grab an FA. Age isnt really an issue since we will probably only sign them to a 2 year contract or so.

TheTim5125 02-09-2005 01:51 PM

I agree with the fact that we need a #2 guy and i think gaffney can do it but we still need another good WR Bradford isn't cutting it....

gwallaia 02-09-2005 02:23 PM

He would create another "hair" controversy within the team.

BigBang 02-09-2005 02:24 PM

I don't think Randy is that bad of a guy. I ran into him when they came to town and we said "what's up" to each other and that's about it. Football is a game of passion and in case you haven't noticed, the most dominant and respected players are on the passionate side. Some just have more charisma than others. Adding Moss would actually be a great idea because he would benefit from being in a competitive division, having a quarterback that can launch it, and knowing he can dominate and have somebody on the other side to compliment him. I'm pretty sure he will concede and recognize that this is AJ's squad in much the same way T-Mac deferred to Yao and Shaq to Dwayne Wade. I just wonder what we would send up there for him. I'm pretty sure Sharper, Carr, Johnson, and Davis are untouchable.

Marcus 02-09-2005 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger
Do you know how much we would have to give up to get this guy as well?

Not nearly as much as you might think. Case in point . . Terrell Owens. The Niners originally traded Owens to the Ravens for a second-round draft pick. The Ravens got their second-round pick back from the Niners, and the Niners in turn received a fifth-round pick and defensive end Brandon Whiting from the Eagles in exchange for the rights to Owens.

So, I don't see the Vikings getting any more than a second-rounder for Moss.

NoBullTexan 02-09-2005 02:35 PM

NO to Randy Moss. Can't you just see a headcase like him disrupting the bench of the Texans? NO,NO,NO!!!

I, too, am of the opinion that we give Starling first crack at being the #2. I just wish they had given him more time last year to learn the position.

Blake 02-09-2005 02:47 PM

i would take him.

TheOgre 02-09-2005 02:52 PM

I would probably cost us AJ AND a high pick to land Randy Moss. That doesn't seem like progress to me.

JagMANAlex 02-09-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Randy Moss a Texan? LOL!!!!!!

We already have aq randy moss and he is wayyyyy better...

wow if your talking about andre johnson...well do you really think that AJ is better than Randy Moss? I like him too but cmon.

dan7 02-09-2005 07:46 PM

Randy Moss

Randy Moss would fit in well with the Oakland Raiders.....

CoachJim 02-09-2005 07:50 PM

Pound for pound, I'd take AJ over RMoss in half a heartbeat.

Ranger 02-09-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

Not nearly as much as you might think. Case in point . . Terrell Owens. The Niners originally traded Owens to the Ravens for a second-round draft pick. The Ravens got their second-round pick back from the Niners, and the Niners in turn received a fifth-round pick and defensive end Brandon Whiting from the Eagles in exchange for the rights to Owens.

So, I don't see the Vikings getting any more than a second-rounder for Moss.
Yeah a second round pick may be TOO much for Moss :rofl:

Here are some of the Houston Chronicle's future headlines:

RANDY MOSS TRADED TO TEXANS

RANDY MOSS SAYS HE HAS CHANGED

RANDY MOSS COMPLAINS ABOUT NOT GETTING BALL ENOUGH

RANDY MOSS COMPLAINS ANDRE JOHNSON IS #1 RECEIVER

TEXANS MISS PLAYOFFS AFTER LOCKERROOM FALLOUT

TEXANS FIRE DOM CAPERS

See my point?