Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Platinum & Blue Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63874)

TxDavid 08-23-2009 10:00 PM

Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
OK guys, I know it's kinda early to start the thread (if that's even possible) but here's the deal:

I can get us a port-a-cool for the tailgate but I can't fit both the grill and the port-a-cool in the truck. I need someone to haul one or the other. Also - if someone has a generator, we will need that to run it. I can pick it up a day or more before the game if you come late. Bottom line is, no generator = no port-a-cool.

Also - the grill WILL be there for this one.


PS - dimensions on the port-a-cool are: 68"w x 53"h x 36"d and it looks like this:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8306/plc66222502.jpg

SheTexan 08-24-2009 12:03 AM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Awwwwww, gma might make it a little earlier, and be able to stay a little longer if you're able to hook that thing up David!! Unfortunately, I don't have a truck, or I would be the first to volunteer, and would drive all over Houston to help you out. Gonna have to trade in my car! I need BIG WHEELS!

BullPenPhotos 08-24-2009 08:41 AM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1232791)
OK guys, I know it's kinda early to start the thread (if that's even possible) but here's the deal:

I can get us a port-a-cool for the tailgate but I can't fit both the grill and the port-a-cool in the truck. I need someone to haul one or the other. Also - if someone has a generator, we will need that to run it. I can pick it up a day or more before the game if you come late. Bottom line is, no generator = no port-a-cool.

Also - the grill WILL be there for this one.


PS - dimensions on the port-a-cool are: 68"w x 53"h x 36"d and it looks like this:
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/8306/plc66222502.jpg

We are planning on bringing our generator to this...We can probably run an extension cord across to your side...
But...
Don't these things need running water to work? How are you going to work that?

TxDavid 08-24-2009 06:25 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos (Post 1232937)
We are planning on bringing our generator to this...We can probably run an extension cord across to your side...
But...
Don't these things need running water to work? How are you going to work that?

I have portable cooler that holds a keg. It has a standard hose fitting on the bottom for draining. I'm going to fill it & an second cooler up with water. Since the cooler will be on my truck, there will be adequate water pressure to get the water down to the port-a-cool.


PS...The running watts for this thing is 1150.

Texan_Bill 08-24-2009 06:56 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1233260)
I have portable cooler that holds a keg.

Dude, you have a portable cooler that holds a keg??? Awesome! :specnatz:

GlassHalfFull 08-24-2009 07:15 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Edit, nevermind. Our generator is 5500 and can't run that thing. It would take a serious kickass generator to make it work.

TxDavid 08-24-2009 08:40 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 1233284)
Edit, nevermind. Our generator is 5500 and can't run that thing. It would take a serious kickass generator to make it work.


????
It only requires 1150 watts.

BullPenPhotos 08-24-2009 09:31 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1233310)
????
It only requires 1150 watts.

Ours is either 6500 or 8500 (I can't remember and don't want to go out to the garage to see) so we should be good. All we are planning on running on our side is a fan for the misting system. We will just need to figure out a way to get a cord run to your side without causing too many problems (I am thinking a lot of duct tape)...

TxDavid 08-24-2009 10:07 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BullPenPhotos (Post 1233322)
Ours is either 6500 or 8500 (I can't remember and don't want to go out to the garage to see) so we should be good. All we are planning on running on our side is a fan for the misting system. We will just need to figure out a way to get a cord run to your side without causing too many problems (I am thinking a lot of duct tape)...

Sweet. I'll bring some extra fuel for it.

As far as the cord goes, I'll test this weekend and see how well the duct tape holds up. I'll see if I can come up with an aeriel solution if that fails. I'm sure that if we use enough of it, the duct tape should hold up to the people & vehicle traffic.

Thanks Andy!

Joe Texan 08-25-2009 10:05 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
I got a long cord that I will bring.

Yankee_In_TX 08-26-2009 12:37 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
We're going minimal stuff this week - Manuel, Adam, and Stef will all be out for the game.

I do want to buy one of the Honda generators (and have for year) as soon as everything settles from a new job and buying a house.

Texan_Bill 08-26-2009 12:41 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
We're going with Ceviche. It's easy, it's cool and darn it people like it.

Honoring Earl 34 08-26-2009 12:54 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan_Bill (Post 1234153)
We're going with Ceviche. It's easy, it's cool and darn it people like it.

Does that go with the highlife ?

TxDavid 08-28-2009 03:22 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Any volunteers yet to help carry the load? I'd perfer to have the grill hauled, as I can load that up in your truck the day before. I'm picking up the port-a-cool on Monday morning.

Gonna do some brats for this one. Will probably soak down a watermelon with some coconut rum as well.... Is it Monday yet?
:fans:

FILO_Doc 08-28-2009 04:11 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Yankee_In_TX (Post 1234150)
We're going minimal stuff this week - Manuel, Adam, and Stef will all be out for the game.

I do want to buy one of the Honda generators (and have for year) as soon as everything settles from a new job and buying a house.

Look on Craigs List after hurricane season is over. I bought one in March or April that only had 4 hours on it and looks brand new with pig tails. I believe it is 5500 or 6500 kW and only paid $400.00 for it. I looked it up on the internet and they sold for over $600.00. In my opinon that is the best hurricane insurance you can buy, because as long as I own the darn thing I can almost guarntee we won't have a hurricane because I am prepared. :woot2

TxDavid 08-28-2009 08:09 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1235736)
Any volunteers yet to help carry the load? I'd perfer to have the grill hauled, as I can load that up in your truck the day before. I'm picking up the port-a-cool on Monday morning.

Gonna do some brats for this one. Will probably soak down a watermelon with some coconut rum as well.... Is it Monday yet?
:fans:



Thanks goes to Dean! He's gonna haul the grill.:specnatz:

Joe Texan 08-28-2009 09:49 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Shrimp Scampi is on the menu

disaacks3 08-28-2009 10:00 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1235921)
Thanks goes to Dean! He's gonna haul the grill.:specnatz:

Dean - you da' man!

Quote:

Originally Posted by TxDavid (Post 1235736)
Gonna do some brats for this one. Will probably soak down a watermelon with some coconut rum as well.... Is it Monday yet?
:fans:

That watermelon sounds REAL good right about now...coming down w/ either flu or a sinus infection last 2 days. I need Cush's hyperbaric chamber to speed recovery!

SheTexan 08-28-2009 11:28 PM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
Can't get there until Aaron gets out of school, so I'll be a little late. Still watching the HEAT index also! Just can't push it to much this year my friends! I'll step it up when reg season gets here. I'll bring something good with me this time also, don't know what.

Sideline will be here for this game also! We don't want him to think we don't know how to tailgate in the heat!!:heat:

Andrew6 08-29-2009 01:20 AM

Re: Texans vs Vikings Blue Crew Tailgate
 
if yall need some help lemme know I have a truck and also have a honda quite generator that has never even seen oil.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger