Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Mohawk Steve?! (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63661)

Yankee_In_TX 08-16-2009 10:04 PM

Mohawk Steve?!

1560 was talking today about a super fan named Mohawk Steve? Anyone here know him? He apparently has sideline access to training camp (and ha - they speculated it was because of how great a fan he is, but we know that doesn't get you sideline passes :) ).

Just curious - I have never seen him and they talked like he is around all the time? Has a mohawk and a jersey with his name on it.

Yankee_In_TX 08-16-2009 10:06 PM

Re: Mohawk Steve?!

(all I found on Google was someone with that name that works at Roc Bar)

BullPenPhotos 08-16-2009 10:49 PM

Hair down...
http://www.texansbullpen.com/09photo...s/DSC_0037.JPG

Hair up...
http://www.texansbullpen.com/09photo...s/DSC_0507.JPG

Joe Texan 08-16-2009 10:59 PM

Well I will be honest I have never seen him in Canton Representing the Texans like Harvey aka Leatherhead, Ted aka Bull Pen Hardhat and Katherine, Bronco Billy, Me Or You Yankee next year. And Yankee let me tell you your in for a treat.

Yankee_In_TX 08-17-2009 05:34 PM

Looks like a RocBar hat - is he the owner or ....?? Anyone know who is is? Definitely jealous at his field access!

disaacks3 08-17-2009 05:38 PM

Maybe Steph can tell us who he is..judging by the pic.

Texecutioner 08-17-2009 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe Texan (Post 1228640)
Well I will be honest I have never seen him in Canton Representing the Texans like Harvey aka Leatherhead, Ted aka Bull Pen Hardhat and Katherine, Bronco Billy, Me Or You Yankee next year. And Yankee let me tell you your in for a treat.

I'd say that you are higher up the chain than he is as far as being "the super fan" Joe. :texflag:

Texans_Chick 08-17-2009 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 1229032)
Maybe Steph can tell us who he is..judging by the pic.

Mohawk Steve is a bigtime Texan fan. His tattoo on the back of his leg is very hardcore--Toro with a mohawk and a nose ring.

He got his access because he is friends with a number of the Texans players.

In my view, there's all sorts of ways to be a diehard fan. Being at games, following the team, having a badass tailgate, being a message board peep, etc It's not a competition. Everybody shows their fandom in different ways. Mohawk Steve shows it through his tattoo goodness and going to games.

Texecutioner 08-17-2009 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texans_Chick (Post 1229053)
Mohawk Steve is a bigtime Texan fan. His tattoo on the back of his leg is very hardcore--Toro with a mohawk and a nose ring.

In my view, there's all sorts of ways to be a diehard fan. Being at games, following the team, having a badass tailgate, being a message board peep, etc It's not a competition. Everybody shows their fandom in different ways. Mohawk Steve shows it through his tattoo goodness and going to games.

Nope, sorry but Joe Texan is much more dedicated and hard core. :stirpot:

disaacks3 08-17-2009 06:28 PM

Quote:

Mystery solved - thanks Steph.

As Texans fans, we're all in this together! :fans:

jaayteetx 08-17-2009 06:31 PM

I think I'm the biggest fan myself, I had the "Schaubie" before anybody!:fans:

NitroGSXR 08-17-2009 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaayteetx (Post 1229069)
I think I'm the biggest fan myself, I had the "Schaubie" before anybody!:fans:

I don't know if I want to know what the 'Schaubie' is...

Carr Bombed 08-17-2009 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroHonda (Post 1229083)
I don't know if I want to know what the 'Schaubie' is...

Oh it's the greatest new hairdo craze......everybody's doing it Nitro :)

http://a.abclocal.go.com/images/ktrk...09_haircut.jpg

Yankee_In_TX 08-18-2009 01:28 PM

Quote:

Thanks! I'm not sure how I missed that mohawk in Reliant!

SheTexan 08-18-2009 05:10 PM

I have a Texan tattoo and I've never missed a home game!! Can I get a sideline pass??! :thinking::):shetexan:

Joe Texan 08-18-2009 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1229037)
I'd say that you are higher up the chain than he is as far as being "the super fan" Joe. :texflag:

Hey thanks but I am just sayin this is the first I have heard of the dude

Joe Texan 08-18-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SheTexan (Post 1229694)
I have a Texan tattoo and I've never missed a home game!! Can I get a sideline pass??! :thinking::):shetexan:

Grandma they are not taking you from the Bull Pen

Joe Texan 08-18-2009 08:30 PM

I am not afraid to show my Tatoo, Or get the other one soon

gary 08-18-2009 09:13 PM

During the practices I was asked if I wanted to go to one of the tents or on the field. To be honest, I was with such a great group of people everyday I refused the offer. To me, it doesn't make a difference where you stand, fans are fans. :texflag:

SheTexan 08-18-2009 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gary (Post 1229900)
During the practices I was asked if I wanted to go to one of the tents or on the field. To be honest, I was with such a great group of people everyday I refused the offer. To me, it doesn't make a difference where you stand, fans are fans. :texflag:

Very true Gary, and a great post! DIEHARD comes from the heart, and most of us on this board are as diehard as they come!