Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63363)

Hookem Horns 08-05-2009 03:36 PM

VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
http://www.esquire.com/features/what...biography-0909

Quote:

I don't know when I'll start again. But I will be the next black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. And I will be in the Hall of Fame.
However this was the first thing for him to say ...

Quote:

Quarterbacking is all in the legs. You don't even really need a good arm. Of course, I work on it all, but it's all in the legs.
Don't need a good arm in the NFL? OK, I guess we'll see about that.

Vinny 08-05-2009 03:48 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
looks like he has this all cifered out now. That demotion sure turned him around!

Goldensilence 08-05-2009 03:48 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Maybe he does manage to turn it around, but I see him being in the HOF as a paying visitor.

Grams 08-05-2009 03:49 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
One also needs some intelligence.

It also helps if one is the "starting" QB on a team.

Honoring Earl 34 08-05-2009 03:51 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1222045)
http://www.esquire.com/features/what...biography-0909



However this was the first thing for him to say ...



Don't need a good arm in the NFL? OK, I guess we'll see about that.

VY , Vick , Brady , Manning , all 4.4 forties .

Texecutioner 08-05-2009 03:52 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Oh god, here comes the next "Bash VY" thread on TT.

Well, he certainly keeps opening up his mouth and giving people ammunition to spray him with, when he continues to make these foolish comments like this.

Vince, how about being the next QB to start for the Titans first. Work on simply becoming a starter. Baby steps, baby steps, man.

infantrycak 08-05-2009 03:59 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1222065)
Oh god, here comes the next "Bash VY" thread on TT.

Well, he certainly keeps opening up his mouth and giving people ammunition to spray him with, when he continues to make these foolish comments like this.

Vince, how about being the next QB to start for the Titans first. Work on simply becoming a starter. Baby steps, baby steps, man.

Does it really count as bashing when the guy does it to himself?

Pretty sure Hookem is not a VY hater either.

Vinny 08-05-2009 04:13 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
The Eagles look ready to challenge deeply into the playoffs and they actually have a black guy as a starting QB so I think VY's chances are slimmer than McNabb's.

Texecutioner 08-05-2009 04:13 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 1222073)
Does it really count as bashing when the guy does it to himself?

Pretty sure Hookem is not a VY hater either.

I wasn't referring to Hookem as a hater Icak.

If you read my post you'd see that I acknowledged that VY gave the ammunition for this and said that his comments were foolish, so you're taking what I said and making it into something else.

Hookem Horns 08-05-2009 04:16 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 1222073)
Pretty sure Hookem is not a VY hater either.

As long as he is on Bud's payroll all bets are off. His "this is my house" crap at Reliant didn't help his cause either.

Unlike many Longhorn fans my rooting interest for UT players ceases when they trade in their burnt orange for their NFL colors unless they play for a team I root for. If VY ever ends up playing for the Texans then I will wish him all the best.

BTW, us Austin area Texans fans had to put up with a lot of crap because of VY. Sure I know it's not his fault however him failing at the NFL has made that situation a lot better around here.

Also I started this thread in the Rivalry section. Bashing Titans players is a good part of what this section is all about. :)

bah007 08-05-2009 04:20 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1222094)
As long as he is on Bud's payroll all bets are off. His "this is my house" crap at Reliant didn't help his cause either.

Unlike many Longhorn fans my rooting interest for UT players ceases when they trade in their burnt orange for their NFL colors unless they play for a team I root for. If VY ever ends up playing for the Texans then I will wish him all the best.

BTW, us Austin area Texans fans had to put up with a lot of crap because of VY. Sure I know it's not his fault however him failing at the NFL has made that situation a lot better around here.

Amen. I feel the same way.

Although I will admit I can't help myself from cheering for Michael Griffin whenever the Titans aren't playing us.

Double Barrel 08-05-2009 04:22 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
I sense another VY meltdown on the horizon. :popcorn:

badboy 08-05-2009 04:30 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1222045)
http://www.esquire.com/features/what...biography-0909



However this was the first thing for him to say ...



Don't need a good arm in the NFL? OK, I guess we'll see about that.

I wish you a Merry Christmas. I wish you a Merry Christmas, but stay away from the egg nog and Santy's reindeer!

infantrycak 08-05-2009 04:30 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1222091)
I wasn't referring to Hookem as a hater Icak.

If you read my post you'd see that I acknowledged that VY gave the ammunition for this and said that his comments were foolish, so you're taking what I said and making it into something else.

You referred to him as a basher, I involked hater. Just fooling around. Turns out maybe hookem does have more glee than I thought at this.

Geez, VY needs to shut up and wait out Kerry's contract or for an injury.

disaacks3 08-05-2009 04:35 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
My first reaction to the headline was "Has VY been hanging around the (former) Cowboys coke heads and sampling too much?"

Texecutioner 08-05-2009 04:36 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by infantrycak (Post 1222106)
You referred to him as a basher, I involked hater. Just fooling around. Turns out maybe hookem does have more glee than I thought at this.

Geez, VY needs to shut up and wait out Kerry's contract or for an injury.

I wasn't trying to refer to him, I was just referring to people on this board in general because of "the appetite" for crushing the guy.

However, he continues to open up his mouth and sound foolish and immature, so the water falls of VY threads will most likely continue as he puts so many toes in his mouth. I can't really blame anyone for it with his recent comments over the last few months including this.

I think one of the bigger problems with him is that dumb agent of his, that doesn't have clue how to manage an athlete with VY being his one and only guy. His agent doesn't know how to control what he says to the media, and any smart agent would have put a muzzle on Vince a long time ago and not let him just run his mouth off like this over and over.

Blazing Arrow 08-05-2009 05:12 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
IDK he could be accurate in at least he will be the next black QB to win the super bowl. Even the guy holding the clip board gets a ring.

Hardcore Texan 08-05-2009 05:16 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1222094)
As long as he is on Bud's payroll all bets are off. His "this is my house" crap at Reliant didn't help his cause either.

Unlike many Longhorn fans my rooting interest for UT players ceases when they trade in their burnt orange for their NFL colors unless they play for a team I root for. If VY ever ends up playing for the Texans then I will wish him all the best.

BTW, us Austin area Texans fans had to put up with a lot of crap because of VY. Sure I know it's not his fault however him failing at the NFL has made that situation a lot better around here.

Also I started this thread in the Rivalry section. Bashing Titans players is a good part of what this section is all about. :)


Great post, I am the same way, and the crap we have had to put up with here in the Austin area wasn't right, our own local team getting bumped to show the innbreads because of Sir Benchwarmer doesn't sit well with me.

Hardcore Texan 08-05-2009 05:17 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1222140)
IDK he could be accurate in at least he will be the next black QB to win the super bowl. Even the guy holding the clip board gets a ring.

Ha ha, I was thinking the same thing, he has to get off that team he is on now to do it though.......no telling where he could end up holding a clipboard.

Wolf 08-05-2009 05:41 PM

Re: VY says he will be in the HOF and the next black QB to win SB
 
I am sure he will take a tour at the HOF sometime this week/weekend

as far as SB ... first thing that came to mind is Star Bucks

:smiliedance:


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:05 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger