Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Can Gary Walker be our NT? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6328)

Texan in Japan 02-05-2005 06:16 AM

Can Gary Walker be our NT?

Walker isn't the pass-rusher he once was...I'm wondering if he couldn't become our NT next year? Any opinions?

If so, then we have more flexibility in either signing Seth or looking to draft for younger NT to develop.

I really would like a more athletic DE in his spot that could help our pass-rush a bit more.

MIGHTYTEX 02-05-2005 09:41 AM

Its possible for him to be NT but with steady decline he might not give much pressure up the middle.

LikeABoss 02-05-2005 10:42 AM

:hmmm: I never thought about that one. It might not be that bad of an idea :hmmm:

keyfro 02-05-2005 01:24 PM

it's not a bad idea to try him out but i think robaire smith can do it better

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 02-05-2005 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keyfro
but i think robaire smith can do it better

I agree. Draft Spears to start at RDE and move Smith to NT. Instant upgrade at 2 positions. :howdy:

TexansTrueFan 02-05-2005 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STEEL BLUE TEXANS
I agree. Draft Spears to start at RDE and move Smith to NT. Instant upgrade at 2 positions. :howdy:

i actually like that idea, but yall think smith could play the NT position ????

D-ReK 02-05-2005 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
i actually like that idea, but yall think smith could play the NT position ????

The idea has been brought up quite a few times, and his body type seems to be good for a NT...He may need to add a little more bulk...

Overall, he is (obviously) our least injury-prone d-lineman, so based on that alone, he should at least get a try-out at NT, the most crucial position on the d-line...

TexansTrueFan 02-05-2005 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ReK
The idea has been brought up quite a few times, and his body type seems to be good for a NT...He may need to add a little more bulk...

Overall, he is (obviously) our least injury-prone d-lineman, so based on that alone, he should at least get a try-out at NT, the most crucial position on the d-line...

i like the idea, but seriously doubt it'll happen !

LikeABoss 02-05-2005 11:21 PM

Quote:

What about the LDE position though?? Unless you're including Walker still starting at the LDE position also idonno:

TexansTrueFan 02-05-2005 11:22 PM

yeah sure then we'd run the 2 5 defense, first of its kind ! :thud:

D-ReK 02-05-2005 11:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABoss
What about the LDE position though?? Unless you're including Walker still starting at the LDE position also idonno:

In this particular scenario, I believe Walker would be the starter at LDE...With the money we're paying him, he will start unless he's injured, with is very possible...

LikeABoss 02-05-2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

yeah sure then we'd run the 2 5 defense, first of its kind ! :thud:

Just asking a question bruh idonno:

He didn't mention Walker at all idonno:

:shrug:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 02-06-2005 12:09 AM

Yes, Walker would still be starting at LDE.

TexansTrueFan 02-06-2005 12:28 AM

haha sorry for the sarcasim and how could he be our NT and still be starting at LDE steel blue ?

LikeABoss 02-06-2005 12:33 AM

Quote:

how could he be our NT and still be starting at LDE steel blue ?

Quote:

I agree. Draft Spears to start at RDE and move Smith to NT. Instant upgrade at 2 positions.

Maybe this can help idonno:

STEEL BLUE TEXANS 02-06-2005 12:41 AM

Spears starts at RDE

Smith starts at NT

Walker starts at LDE

TexansTrueFan 02-06-2005 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LikeABoss
Maybe this can help idonno:

haha i was really lost for a little bit there ! i didnt know i could confuse my self so bad,,,,i need to quit drinking !

Texan in Japan 02-06-2005 05:09 PM

OK, I can bite on Robaire being a strong possibility at NT, but I'm still thinking that Walker could handle the position and maybe even rejuvenate himself. His short, squatty frame is perfect and his experience as a DT would help.

We could still draft Spears or Shaun Cody and then we have a solid line. Especially if Seth heals and returns.

D-ReK 02-06-2005 05:14 PM

If Seth heals and returns, he'll be the starter at NT...

Texan in Japan 02-06-2005 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D-ReK
If Seth heals and returns, he'll be the starter at NT...

True, but NT is tough spot and allowing Walker or Smith time in the rotation should only help our line.