Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63162)

Texaninlild 07-29-2009 09:36 PM

Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

I couldn't find the old thread and I wanted to know if we ever found a place to call home on Sunday? :fans:

Edit by mode to add locations of Texans' meeting

Flips in Grapevine (Somewhat central metroplex)

Website with menu

http://www.restauranteur.com/flipspatiogrill/index.htm

Map

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?name=Fl...eocode=ADDRESS

Fairchilds for those more North and/or East

Website link

http://www.wwfairfields.com/

Mapquest link

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Ri...eocode=ADDRESS

If the Saints fans, can have multiple location, real TEXANS should be able to have a few places for some football watchin'.

Showtime100 07-29-2009 10:24 PM

Re: Dallas area Texans fans

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texaninlild (Post 1218156)
I couldn't find the old thread and I wanted to know if we ever found a place to call home on Sunday? :fans:

I hope this helps. I took the liberty of doing a search myself. I knew we had one, I'm funny that way.

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/sho...las+texan+fans

It starts out by saying "instead of bumping last year's version" so maybe this fresh thread will do as well. At least maybe the last one could give you guys some ideas. :)

OzzO 07-30-2009 12:34 PM

That's the one. Post #12 of that thread gave a good year's overview, though I think I had to add onto it toward the end of the year, later in the thread - overediting the post I guess.

The first year I was there, we kinda went between 3 places or so. 2nd year to get a little more variety (Ker's wing house is great - but only so much chicken one can eat every Sunday), we went all over - helped cause we all lived in different parts of the 'plex.

I've since relocated back to Houston, but get in touch with any of those folk that posted and / or try some of those places we visited. It was a good variety we had last year.

Texan JBZ 07-30-2009 12:39 PM

I'm actually a newbie to the metroplex. Me and my family moved here in June. Let me know what places you guys will be attending for the Texans games. I went to Flips last season to watch the Titans game with Ozzo and Arlington Texan. They were good guys. Sorry to see that you've moved back to Houston Ozzo.

ArlingtonTexan 07-30-2009 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan JBZ (Post 1218408)
I'm actually a newbie to the metroplex. Me and my family moved here in June. Let me know what places you guys will be attending for the Texans games. I went to Flips last season to watch the Titans game with Ozzo and Arlington Texan. They were good guys. Sorry to see that you've moved back to Houston Ozzo.

Looks like I will be in the Metroplex again this year, although there is a longshot about (20 to 1) chance of my moving last mintue.

Ozzo, best of luck to ya. I think we are in the yahoo fantasy league together, though. JBZ I remember you coming and would be glad to hangout with you again.

While I enjoyed the different spots, this year I would not mind having a pretty stable place to establish as the Texans hangout.Flips is pretty high on the list for me. It is relatively central and has a diverse enough menu.

I will move this thread to the tailgate section in a few minutes.

ArlingtonTexan 07-30-2009 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Texaninlild (Post 1218156)

I am going to take the liberty of editting the title a little.

Big Poundcake 08-12-2009 10:28 PM

Re: Dallas area Texans fans (Gameday Hangout thread)

I need to find someplace to watch the Texans games up here.

thunderwolf 08-12-2009 11:09 PM

I'm going to school in denton and really need to find a place to watch games. I'm pretty fortunate to see some of the noon games because the cowboys are always playing later in the day. It's not easy for a texans fan here, hopefully now that I'm 21 I can't start going to sports bars or something to see the games.

Texan JBZ 08-12-2009 11:33 PM

Glad to see the number growing. I'll be back and forth between Ft Worth and Houston pretty much all football season. We all will definitely get together and watch the Texans. I met up with Arlington Texan and OzzO at a place called Flip's off of 121 (or 183). It was a pretty nice spot. They just opened a Blackfinn over in the Arlington Highlands off of 20 that is very nice too. We'll all get together and enjoy some games together, more than likely starting with the Vikings Monday nighter. Boudreaux's in the Highlands has $1 drafts that day.

OzzO 08-13-2009 08:03 AM

Yeah - to give y'all a heads up on sports bars, A-Tx and I found this out last year that they get the NFL ticket, but that doesn't include the preseason games. So if it's not national / shown in your area on standard tv, you're out.

Best bet would be to wait till the regular season to get the groups together. Make sure to have Ker's at least once in the rotation, since it was the birthplace of our GTG's.

For meet locations, click on the link in post #2 above, then in that link - scroll down to post #12 to see the different spots we went to last year and what was thought about them.

grinch1134 08-13-2009 08:11 AM

I'll still make it out when I can. I trained the little one to nap from 12-2, so I may be a little more consistent this year (and he may be staying with mamma).

Vinnie 08-13-2009 08:20 AM

I have to be in Frisco for the first preseaon game this Saturday and aint too happy about missing it. I know it's preseaon and all, but was really looking forward to it. If yall find a place up there to watch it please respond in this thread or send me a tweet. My handle is texanfanvinnie on twitter.

ArlingtonTexan 08-13-2009 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinnie (Post 1226283)
I have to be in Frisco for the first preseaon game this Saturday and aint too happy about missing it. I know it's preseaon and all, but was really looking forward to it. If yall find a place up there to watch it please respond in this thread or send me a tweet. My handle is texanfanvinnie on twitter.

Unless something has changed from last year, I doubt that we will be able to see the game live in the Dallas area (see Ozzo's post), but i will call a couple of places just in case.

ArlingtonTexan 08-13-2009 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OzzO (Post 1226276)
Yeah - to give y'all a heads up on sports bars, A-Tx and I found this out last year that they get the NFL ticket, but that doesn't include the preseason games. So if it's not national / shown in your area on standard tv, you're out.

Best bet would be to wait till the regular season to get the groups together. Make sure to have Ker's at least once in the rotation, since it was the birthplace of our GTG's.

For meet locations, click on the link in post #2 above, then in that link - scroll down to post #12 to see the different spots we went to last year and what was thought about them.

the sports bar tour of Dallas was fun last year, but i don't see it again for me. As we found out during the tour various bars have catered to specifc teams. with the Texans having a legitimate chance of being good, I hope to make somewhere "our" place.

Big Poundcake 08-13-2009 04:47 PM

Is Ker's in Arlington?

ArlingtonTexan 08-13-2009 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Poundcake (Post 1226569)
Is Ker's in Arlington?

There is one in Arlington that we went once a couple of year back, but at the time it was not convient as we had guys driving from all over the Metroplex. The one that was home was the North Dallas/irving location. I would keep the Arlington on the radar, but it is along that part of I30 that is under massive construction and a pain to get in and out of.

that reminds me, one thing that we may need to figure out is where is everyone located. Doing a quick glance it seems like we are Fort Worth/Arlington heavy at the moment, but I may be mistaken.

Texan JBZ 08-13-2009 06:09 PM

I'm at 20 and Forest Hill. Pretty in the middle of everything.

Big Poundcake 08-13-2009 07:19 PM

I'm going to be in Arlington near the UT-Arlington campus.

grinch1134 08-14-2009 08:42 AM

Ker's in Arlington closed.

I'm in east Fort Worth 30 and 820.

ArlingtonTexan 08-14-2009 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grinch1134 (Post 1226792)
Ker's in Arlington closed.

I'm in east Fort Worth 30 and 820.

Not a surprise with that traffic situation and being a stone's throw from Hooters.