Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Fantasy Football Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=58)
-   -   Rotoworld on the Texans (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62904)

ChrisG 07-21-2009 01:23 AM

Rotoworld on the Texans
 
Was flipping through a Rotoworld Fantasy Football mag at work and found some positive texans mentions in the "Bold Predictions" section.

Evan Silva: "Breakout QB: Matt Schaub"

Evan Silva: "AFC Champs: Patriots over Texans"

Greg Rosenthal: "Breakout QB: Matt Schaub"

Chris Wesseling: "Best Dynasty League Deep Sleeper: Arian Foster"

____

counting down the days till week 1 :texflag:

infantrycak 07-21-2009 01:29 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
There isn't any break out about it. IF Schaub plays 16 games he is going to turn some heads here and on the four letter nettwork, etc.

It is one thing to project a huge leap in performance and another to just say keep doing the same thing for a whole season. Injury issues aside, Schaub is a damn fine QB.

Vinny 07-21-2009 01:35 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
boy I'd sure love to see Arian Foster become our short yardage sledgehammer. Chris Brown runs heavy but when you are made of glass, that's not always a good thing.

Norg 07-21-2009 01:40 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
I wonder why everyone thinks the Pats will be some Unstopable Force

yeah they won 16 games 2 years and like 11 last year but maybe this is a sign that they are on a decline maybe they only win 8 games this year

m5kwatts 07-21-2009 01:42 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 1213399)
I wonder why everyone thinks the Pats will be some Unstopable Force

yeah they won 16 games 2 years and like 11 last year but maybe this is a sign that they are on a decline maybe they only win 8 games this year

Pats will be great, they won 11 without Brady, with him they'll only be better and their division got worse. If any top team is doomed to fail its Indy in the post-Dungy era.

Norg 07-21-2009 01:50 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by m5kwatts (Post 1213401)
Pats will be great, they won 11 without Brady, with him they'll only be better and their division got worse. If any top team is doomed to fail its Indy in the post-Dungy era.

i dont know man Dolphins got a new hard nose attidue about them now and a new swagger

on paper the Jets D is a Beast

and the Bills are the Bills

I just confused about it alot people think Tom Riffic post injury is going to come back the god of football dontcha think he will have a little rust and Rust costed Indy at least two games last year if not more NO Rust caused Indy the divison title last year

infantrycak 07-21-2009 01:52 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1213395)
boy I'd sure love to see Arian Foster become our short yardage sledgehammer. Chris Brown runs heavy but when you are made of glass, that's not always a good thing.

That's the thing, IF, IF, IF, I know all capitalized and hugely in doubt. Chris Brown is a RB whose potential has never been fulfilled/embrassed in the NFL because he keeps getting injured. When running well/healthy he is top tier. Dude runs hard, heavy and downhill.

StevieWonder 07-21-2009 02:04 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
I may be behind the times on this one... but what's a Dynasty League? Is that like a fantasy league? And why the hell would anyone choose an undrafted rookie backup as a sleeper?

HOU-TEX 07-21-2009 10:15 AM

Re: Rotoworld on the Texans
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vinny (Post 1213395)
boy I'd sure love to see Arian Foster become our short yardage sledgehammer. Chris Brown runs heavy but when you are made of glass, that's not always a good thing.

I'm hoping the same. When Brown goes down for the season after his first preseason play, we're going to need Arias in a huge way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norg (Post 1213407)
i dont know man Dolphins got a new hard nose attidue about them now and a new swagger

on paper the Jets D is a Beast

and the Bills are the Bills

I just confused about it alot people think Tom Riffic post injury is going to come back the god of football dontcha think he will have a little rust and Rust costed Indy at least two games last year if not more NO Rust caused Indy the divison title last year

Dolphins, hard nose? When a team has to use a College type gimmicky offensive scheme to get points on the board, I wouldn't call it hard nosed.

The Falcons turned their season around similar to the Phins, but they did it the old fashioned way by pounding the ball.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger