Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texans Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   David Patten? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6288)

SharperFan 02-02-2005 05:26 PM

David Patten?

Dear Texans fans!

what about signing UFA WR David Patten from the Patriots. I know that Chris Palmer signed him in Cleveland a few years ago and he played good.

What about him? Any other names outthere?

Go Texans!

SESupergenius 02-02-2005 09:00 PM

My philosophy is if you can get a player from a 3-4 Playoff team then you should do your best to bring him in.

Fiddy 02-02-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SESupergenius
My philosophy is if you can get a player from a 3-4 Playoff team then you should do your best to bring him in.

:confused:

when you say 3-4, do you mean 3-4 defense??? Cause Patten is a WR and has nothing to do with the defense...

TexansTrueFan 02-02-2005 09:08 PM

yeah i dunno i feel we already have a strong core of WR for next season !

SESupergenius 02-02-2005 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy
:confused:

when you say 3-4, do you mean 3-4 defense??? Cause Patten is a WR and has nothing to do with the defense...

sorry you are confused. I did state 3-4 PLAYOFF team. Patten is certainly a part of that that category. I'll be a little more expansive since you need me to draw it all out for you. If we have the chance to go after a player who is on a team that has made the playoffs OR if that certain player is a defensive player and the team who made the Playoffs runs a 3-4 defense then we should go after him, since of couse we run the 3-4 defense. Gee I hope that cleared it all up for you. Whew.

Fiddy 02-02-2005 09:36 PM

Quote:

If we have the chance to go after a player who is on a team that has made the playoffs and if that certain player is a defensive player and the team who made the Playoffs runs a 3-4 defense then we should go after him, since of couse we run the 3-4 defense. Gee I hope that cleared it all up for you. Whew.

Patten is not defense, he is a WR...
still :confused:

SESupergenius 02-02-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiddy
Patten is not defense, he is a WR...
still :confused:

read the word PLAYOFF, subtract 3-4 (this is only intended for defensive players, obviously) then that will lead you to the promise land. It's a blanket statement, no need to pick it apart by stating the obvious. This is going to be a long off-season. :rolleyes:

Fiddy 02-02-2005 09:44 PM

Quote:

read the word PLAYOFF, subtract 3-4 (this is only intended for defensive players, obviously) then that will lead you to the promise land. It's a blanket statement, no need to pick it apart by stating the obvious. This is going to be a long off-season. :rolleyes:

lol, ok. I get it now. whew...

BornOrange 02-02-2005 11:56 PM

I guess the word "or" was too long to include in his original post. :banana:

SESupergenius 02-03-2005 09:52 AM

Ah yes, BornOrange, typing expert.....or troll.

El Tejano 02-03-2005 10:13 AM

I say go for it. Out of all those WR, he is probably the better one and he plays a very physical style.

Crazygomer 02-03-2005 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TexansTrueFan
yeah i dunno i feel we already have a strong core of WR for next season !

What WR's? The only one that is a sure thing is Andre Johnson!!! Everyone is saying the Texans have this "AMAZING" offense :hairpull:!!! Yes we do have David Carr, and yes we have somewhat of a good line! We have NO TE and a huge ? when it comes to are rushing games (and yes I do know that they were all not a 100%)! We need help, we sign all these WR to practice squad and other things that are nobodys and are not going to be here! People are saying that Bradford will be gone, and Jabar has not really proven himself..........so who else is there??? Please someone tell me if I'm leaving someone out, because I really think we need help with are WR crew, O and JJ.......is 5'6'! Well Please someone tell me why people are talking crazy or did I just watch 16 total different games this year (NO, I'm not stupid we did break out in a "FEW")! :thud:

El Tejano 02-03-2005 10:42 AM

I wouldn't say our WR corp is the best but we certainly are promising and do have talent. Gaffney improved a whole lot this season and could be a really good #3 if we get an awesome #2 to go along side AJ.

TexansTrueFan 02-03-2005 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazygomer
What WR's? The only one that is a sure thing is Andre Johnson!!! Everyone is saying the Texans have this "AMAZING" offense :hairpull:!!! Yes we do have David Carr, and yes we have somewhat of a good line! We have NO TE and a huge ? when it comes to are rushing games (and yes I do know that they were all not a 100%)! We need help, we sign all these WR to practice squad and other things that are nobodys and are not going to be here! People are saying that Bradford will be gone, and Jabar has not really proven himself..........so who else is there??? Please someone tell me if I'm leaving someone out, because I really think we need help with are WR crew, O and JJ.......is 5'6'! Well Please someone tell me why people are talking crazy or did I just watch 16 total different games this year (NO, I'm not stupid we did break out in a "FEW")! :thud:

haha have you ever heard of D. Armstrong, or perhaps jabar gaffney, and of course Andre Johnnson ???? We may need a speedy outside reciever to fill Bradfords spot but other than that it looks like we are in pretty good shape at the WR position !

Chawky1 02-03-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crazygomer
and yes we have somewhat of a good line!

That's being rather generous.

Blake 02-03-2005 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chawky1
That's being rather generous.

The Line needs alot of work, via FA, and Draft.

TexansTrueFan 02-03-2005 04:11 PM

well if we were gonna work on the O-Line that would be nice but casserly and company already said there will most likly be no changes to the Line this year. I guess they figure that the line will Gel together with time ! Who knows but i'm sure they have the best of intentions in mind !

jacquescas 02-03-2005 04:19 PM

we are going to probably try and upgrade the WR position in free agency, Bradford will go somewhere else, i'm thinking Jerry Porter might be someone to look at.

El Tejano 02-03-2005 04:22 PM

I mentioned earlier in the season that Jerry Porter would make a nice fit. He can still stretch a D, and he has very dependable hands, and can provide some veteran leadership and playoff experience.

jacquescas 02-03-2005 04:26 PM

plus Jerry Porter is still young at 26 years old, and at 6'2 220 is a big target. He is coming off a 64 catch 998 yard 9TD season.

would be a great bookend to Johnson.