Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   You have a choice between three- (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6215)

beerlover 01-29-2005 11:29 AM

You have a choice between three-

Of these three players only- Thomas Davis, Adam Pac-Man Jones or Dan Cody which one would you most be in favor of the Texans selecting & why? :listening

Fiddy 01-29-2005 11:34 AM

Pac-Man simply for the name. Imagine D-Rob and Pac-Man. Pac-Man and D-Rob. The greatest nickname duo for a pair of CBs in NFL history.

On a serious note if we got Pac-Man, in a year or two no one will be able to move the ball against us through the air. And I mean no one.

tiger06 01-29-2005 11:54 AM

I'd definitely take Pac-Man. Imagine Glenn, D-Rob, and Pac-Man in our secondary next year. Pac-Man will eventually take Glenn's spot and he and Dunta will be an awesome CB duo. We've got Earl at SS, and I think he's more than capable.

ledzeppelin229 01-29-2005 02:02 PM

I would go with Pac Man.

We don't need to take a SS that high and we also don't need to spend #13 overall on another DE/OLB convert. And then you have the fact Pac Man is arguably the best CB in the draft and we need another young CB for whenever Glenn's wheels really start wearing down.

Vinny 01-29-2005 02:40 PM

Adam Pac-Man Jones claims he runs a 4.2 fourty. He is a great open field tackler like Dunta. I'd take him (although I passed him in our mock), but I don't think he will be there at 13 if he indeed does run a sub 4.4 fourty.

texasguy346 01-29-2005 03:05 PM

I'll make it unanimous. I, too, would go with Pac Man Jones. There would be no 'safe' side of the field for QBs to throw the ball. If he indeeds runs a 4.2 40 then you won't hear about recievers burning him much after his rookie year (rookie mistakes).

Grid 01-29-2005 03:53 PM

Pac Man here too. Our secondary would be locked down for years.

D-ReK 01-29-2005 06:18 PM

I, too, would take Pac-Man...He is a Dunta clone in that they both are great tacklers and good zone defenders...

Pac-Man and D-Rob would be unstoppable for years to come...

BuffSoldier 01-29-2005 06:19 PM

As much as I like TD and would love to have him in our secondary, you just dont come across a chance to have 2 CBs of that caliber in the same defensive backfield very often.

travfrancis 01-29-2005 07:38 PM

id take pacman also

CoachJim 01-29-2005 07:49 PM

Pick one...

So everyone so far likes this kid enough to pass on O or D line help? Ok, here's a question just because I haven't really read up on him (PacMan) like some of you have. If Jones & DRob hadda came out the same year & ya could only have one knowing what you now know about DRobs NFL progression, who do you take?

D-ReK 01-29-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoachJim
If Jones & DRob hadda came out the same year & ya could only have one knowing what you now know about DRobs NFL progression, who do you take?

Definitely D-Rob...The draft is a calculated risk and when you have a player who has proven himself in the NFL, you have to take him over an unproven commodity...

AndreJ 01-29-2005 07:52 PM

Quote:

So everyone so far likes this kid enough to pass on O or D line help? Ok, here's a question just because I haven't really read up on him (PacMan) like some of you have. If Jones & DRob hadda came out the same year & ya could only have one knowing what you now know about DRobs NFL progression, who do you take?

The question was out of Pac-Man, TD and i forget the other guy, who would you take. Noone here is saying that our O and D line shouldn't be helped.
And the answer to your question is pretty obvious everyone would take D-Rob.

CoachJim 01-29-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreJ
The question was out of Pac-Man, TD and i forget the other guy, who would you take. Noone here is saying that our O and D line shouldn't be helped.
And the answer to your question is pretty obvious everyone would take D-Rob.

I see you have a knack for speaking for others including me. I never said anyone thinks the O & Dline shouldn't be helped. I questioned if the 13th pick should be used on DB help as opposed to O & DLine help.Last time I checked there were 6 more rounds worth of picks we could use on either/or. The argument is which to address first ... and as for that "everyone" reference, at the time only D-Rek had answered the question at the time. As knowledgable as he may be, I hardly believe he counts for much more than just HIS opinion. This was MY question within this thread ... comparing DRob to Jones. The aggrivating thing about all this is that you have done this to one of my posts before on the Jags board. My questions & opinions are just as valid as anyones on this MB. Heres a thought ... just ignore my posts if you can't find anything to say thats not condescending.

texasguy346 01-29-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

So everyone so far likes this kid enough to pass on O or D line help?

I believe this is what AndreJ was referring to. Since the three choices were Pac Man Jones, Thomas Davis, and Dan Cody there wasn't a choice for O Line or D Line help. Dan Cody would translate to an OLB in the 3-4. It's perfectly reasonable for AndreJ to think you misinterpreted the original question.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndreJ

No reason to get offended over some simple misunderstanding on a message board.

AndreJ 01-29-2005 09:27 PM

Quote:

The aggrivating thing about all this is that you have done this to one of my posts before on the Jags board.

I dont wan't to turn this thread into an argument between me and you, but I would love to know what post i had done this to you on the Jags board. I've posted one thing on that board and that was about 1 hour ago.

And as for the everyone comment. If it'll make you happy I'll change it to about 99% of us would take D-Rob, taking in the consideration that during the season plenty have said they wouldn't want anyone else in the leauge and if they wouldn't want one of the present greats in the NFL, then why would they take someone who they haven't even seen perform at a professional level.

beerlover 01-29-2005 09:35 PM

Mock Draft Scenero-

1. 49er's- Aaron Rogers
2. Fins- Alex Smith
3. Browns- Alex Barron
4. Bears- Mike Williams
5. Bucs- Cadillac Williams
6. ****- Derrick Johnson
7. Raiders- Ronnie Brown
8. Cards- Cedric Benson
9. Skins- Elton Brown
10. Lions- Antrell Rolle
11. Boyz- Marcus Spears
12. Boltz- Jammal Brown
13. Texans- Adam "Pac Man" Jones

agreed, Pac-Man it is should this order fall to us which I think is realistic, if not & the Boyz decide not to change to the 3-4 (Spears) & take Jones instead then we only have to worry about the Boltz taking Marcus because of need as well. I've been breaking this down to these players as being the most logical without trades (inevitable) to date. So basicly lets narrow this down a little futher-

1. Adam "PAC MAN" Jones
2. Marcus Spears

which one? :confused:

AndreJ 01-29-2005 09:39 PM

I can see the BOYZ taking Pac-Man, because they don't have a real stong secondary. As for whether i would take Spears or Pac-Man, I would have to go with Spears, because #1 Gary Walker is getting old and should be retiring after this year or the next and #2 I beleive it starts in the trenches and Marcus Spears would be a great addition to our front 7 for years to come.

texasguy346 01-29-2005 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beerlover
1. Adam "PAC MAN" Jones
2. Marcus Spears

which one? :confused:

That's a tough one. If we were to have both of those players available to us on draft day we'd be stuck in quite a dillemma. We could take the BPA (PacMan) or we could take a closely ranked player who fills a need (Spears). I absolutely love what Spears brings to the game, and there's no question in my mind that he'll be very good in the NFL for a long time. However, PacMan Jones would give us a secondary that could prove to be the best in the NFL. Imagine it. DRob, Glenn starting with Faggins and PacMan coming in whenever Nickle and Dime scenarios pop up during the game. I think if we do this we could still get a pretty good DE or DT later in the draft. If you want evidence of that just look at who Vinny picked in our mock draft.

astrofan 01-29-2005 10:00 PM

Dan Cody

Jones would be great if we were stacked at every position, but we are in dire need of having two real OLBs on the field at the same time (when I reread this I realized that we are also in need of two real ILBs as well)

then again Cody isn't always at the top of my first round OLB list, which rotates between Cody, Roth, and Pollack; Pollack would also fit in at DE for us

this will be an easier choice after the combine

we have a decent secondary, but after Babin and Sharper, the linebacker squad is woefully inadequate