Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues? (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61810)

Texan JBZ 06-01-2009 08:28 PM

Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Well, here it is:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...elsewhere.html

"If them guys don't want me to be in there man, it's time for me to make a career change for myself," Young said. "Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

I'm not a guy that bashes Vince, because I believe that his problem is that he's never had to battle adversity on the football field. His actions are indicating that he's not mature enough to deal with it. Good luck to the guy, but he needs to grow up-quick, fast, and in a hurry!

BSofA04 06-01-2009 08:54 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Not surprising. He should go T.O. on that locker room. Hopefully during training camp.

False Start 06-01-2009 09:05 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
V Cry....... :crying:

CloakNNNdagger 06-01-2009 09:10 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texan JBZ (Post 1190653)
Well, here it is:

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcsouth/...elsewhere.html

"If them guys don't want me to be in there man, it's time for me to make a career change for myself," Young said. "Because the fact is I'm ready to play ball and if they're not ready for me to play ball, somebody is."

I'm not a guy that bashes Vince, because I believe that his problem is that he's never had to battle adversity on the football field. His actions are indicating that he's not mature enough to deal with it. Good luck to the guy, but he needs to grow up-quick, fast, and in a hurry!



Already been posted.

ESAD2-14 06-01-2009 09:50 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
He gave me all the proof I needed when he left his team on the field, any credibility he had as a leader was gone after that. He's going to have to work very hard and be very humble to gain a lot of what he lost from that one incident alone.

El Tejano 06-02-2009 07:54 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
I'd like a Titans fan point of view on this.

Is it more that the franchise is ready to give him a chance and earn his job back, but the team doesn't really like him or is it the franchise is putting up a front trying to make it look as if he is getting a fair shot but Collins is their man no matter what?

Something is funny about all this.

Polo 06-02-2009 08:33 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Maybe the team has given no indication that they ever want him to play QB for them again.

Mr teX 06-02-2009 09:19 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
still doesn't have much to do with maturity per se imo. Lots of guys have come out & said similar things, doesn't mean they all were immature, just competitors/ego maniacs.

His main problem is he's overating himself as a Qb when all signs point to him not being very good at it on this level. There's no doubt he can contribute on the pro level, it just not at Qb. The sooner he realizes that the faster he can get back on the field.

Polo 06-02-2009 09:36 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr teX (Post 1190822)
His main problem is he's overating himself as a Qb when all signs point to him not being very good at it on this level. There's no doubt he can contribute on the pro level, it just not at Qb. The sooner he realizes that the faster he can get back on the field.


I disagree. Plenty of QB's have had first and second year seasons comparable to VY's. Kerry Collins had a worse rookie season than VY. Their second seasons VY would have the edge save for his int-TD ratio. But besides that, if you look at the production VY showed steady improvement as a QB from his first to second year. You can even look at Eli Manning's second year and it's comparable to VY's. Eli still hasn't actually had a completion percentage higher than VY's second season.

I look at all the guys around the leauge who have busted as QB's or have not been much better, but yet have been given multiple opprotunities to play the position, and IMO, VY deserves the same chance.

We can argue about his INT-TD ratio and whether or not it's a correctable problem, but besides that there is really no debate about whether the guy was improving as a player...especially when you compare him to other guys who have played early...

He may never be a top tier QB, but I think that he can atleast provide the same value at the position as some of the second tier QB's if he is willing to humble himself and accept tutelage...

Mr teX 06-02-2009 10:02 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Polo (Post 1190830)
I disagree. Plenty of QB's have had first and second year seasons comparable to VY's. Kerry Collins had a worse rookie season than VY. Their second seasons VY would have the edge save for his int-TD ratio. But besides that, if you look at the production VY showed steady improvement as a QB from his first to second year. You can even look at Eli Manning's second year and it's comparable to VY's. Eli still hasn't actually had a completion percentage higher than VY's second season.

I look at all the guys around the leauge who have busted as QB's or have not been much better, but yet have been given multiple opprotunities to play the position, and IMO, VY deserves the same chance.

We can argue about his INT-TD ratio and whether or not it's a correctable problem, but besides that there is really no debate about whether the guy was improving as a player...especially when you compare him to other guys who have played early...

He may never be a top tier QB, but I think that he can atleast provide the same value at the position as some of the second tier QB's if he is willing to humble himself and accept tutelage...


I can go with that a little. I think he has had plenty of opportunity to show, he just hasn't shown that he's the guy for the long term. even coming into last year in the Jax game, he didn't look all that great. & i don't think his problem is tutelage, i just think he doesn't read a defense fast enough to run a pro style offense & he misses his 2nd & 3rd option guys out on routes. At UT, he would just take off at the 1st sign of trouble & it worked b/c he was a superior athlete. That's not gonna work in the NFL b/c everyone's fast.

My personal opinion of him is that he'd probably be a better more immediate contributor to a pro team as flanker WR or something similar to what Randle El is doing.

Double Barrel 06-02-2009 11:54 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
VY can't read defenses, though, and this has been one of his major weaknesses for his entire football career. You can get by with pure athleticism in high school and college, but in the pros, a one trick pony doesn't live long. He's going to have to devote a LOT of time studying film and upgrading his mental game if he really wants to be a decent QB in the NFL. Defenses know how to defend running QBs, and if he lacks accuracy in his passing game and cannot overcome emotional adversity, I do not expect to see him achieving a high level of success.

Mailman 06-02-2009 01:35 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
I am laughing my ass off about this because my fellow UT alums here in Austin and elsewhere are now fighting amongst themselves about VY's attitude and overall suckiness. Hahahaha.

Some will always be in the "OMG f *uck da haterz VY iz de bestest" camp, but many others are finally calling out #10 for his immaturity and criticizing his excus-making enablers in Longhorn Nation.

Suddenly they're not so fond of the Tennessee Titans. :texflag:

Texan JBZ 06-02-2009 05:35 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Double Barrel (Post 1190901)
VY can't read defenses, though, and this has been one of his major weaknesses for his entire football career. You can get by with pure athleticism in high school and college, but in the pros, a one trick pony doesn't live long. He's going to have to devote a LOT of time studying film and upgrading his mental game if he really wants to be a decent QB in the NFL. Defenses know how to defend running QBs, and if he lacks accuracy in his passing game and cannot overcome emotional adversity, I do not expect to see him achieving a high level of success.

Good Post. Check out this interview Colin Cowherd did with Trent Dilfer. It's great:

http://sports.espn.go.com/stations/player?id=4224725

Trent Dilfer is as good an analyst as there is right now. He summed it up perfectly.

Silver Oak 06-02-2009 09:09 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
why come out and say what he did to the newspaper? why not just play his ass off in TC, and if he's the best qb, he would win it back?

Blazing Arrow 06-02-2009 09:26 PM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silver Oak (Post 1191214)
why come out and say what he did to the newspaper? why not just play his ass off in TC, and if he's the best qb, he would win it back?

Because he is not even in the top 5 QBs on the team and has to magically learn all the stuff he should have learned in the last 3 seasons but was to busy playing shirtless man tag and getting his durrgree?

A complete joke ....

CloakNNNdagger 06-03-2009 07:45 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Now, VY's agent says he actually WANTS to compete for a starting job in Tennessee. LINK:

Quote:

Agent Claims Vince Young Doesn’t Want Out

The agent for Titans backup quarterback Vince Young says that Young doesn’t want to be traded if he’s not the starter.

Even if Young himself recently said just that.

“Vince’s desire has always been to compete for the starting quarterback job in Tennessee,” agent Major Adams told Terry McCormick of the Nashville City Paper. “Even before they drafted him, they asked him if he thought he could compete for the starting role, and he said yes. He has always been a starter and that is his mindset.

“He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend. Plus, he was in there working out [Monday]. If he didn’t have a desire to stay there, he wouldn’t be doing any of that.”

Still, none of this changes what Young said. Unless he was miquoted. By himself.
I suspect that if VY continues to workout at Adam's ranch, he can quickly attain a magnificent sculpted body equal to his owner's.:tiphat:

gwallaia 06-03-2009 07:55 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
From now on, VY should say nothing and let more intelligent people speak for him.

Double Barrel 06-03-2009 09:30 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

“He has not asked to be traded, and in fact, is going to an event at Bud Adams’ ranch this weekend."
Scenes from last year's event at Slug Adams' ranch:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_mJKRPM6Khi...ig+Contest.jpg

http://www.meatloaf-oifc.com/images10/pig.JPG

http://warrencountymofair.com/images/greasedpig1.jpg

powerfuldragon 06-23-2009 09:39 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
http://stylepointsblog.com/2009/06/2...tball-forlorn/

dunno where else ot put this, but VY got booed at jeff fisher's charity softball game.

HOU-TEX 06-23-2009 10:04 AM

Re: Need more proof that VY has some maturity issues?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by powerfuldragon (Post 1200194)
http://stylepointsblog.com/2009/06/2...tball-forlorn/

dunno where else ot put this, but VY got booed at jeff fisher's charity softball game.

:spit: The poll options are funny......except the last one, which he wouldn't do.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:49 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger