Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Texan Tailgate (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Pins and Pigskins Event- June (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60681)

Dr2bKay 04-18-2009 06:47 PM

Pins and Pigskins Event- June

This really sounds fun! Does anyone have any inside information on when the tickets will go on sale? This is worth coming to Houston for. It would be cool to have the tailgating lots form bowling teams and compete against each other....just an idea!

http://www.houstontexans.com/communi...ndPigskins.asp

Bull Pen 1 04-18-2009 08:01 PM

Re: Pins and Pigskins Event- June

It sure does sound fun, but the price wow. $1000.00 for 6 people.

Andrew6 04-18-2009 09:09 PM

thats cool would love to go but my next days off won't be untill July :(

disaacks3 04-19-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Individual tickets are not available at this time.
Hmm, maybe if they undersell, we can get in cheaper down the road?

Drew_Smoke 04-19-2009 02:29 PM

I bet they believe if they raise the price, we won't show...lol Isn't this the one where a Texan sits at your table though?

And isn't the draft luncheon like $300 or so a table? I thought it would be soon too.

disaacks3 04-19-2009 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roc Hoover (Post 1164043)
I bet they believe if they raise the price, we won't show...lol Isn't this the one where a Texan sits at your table though?

And isn't the draft luncheon like $300 or so a table? I thought it would be soon too.

You're confusing it w/ the Pancackes & Pigskins Rookie Breakfast - this is an altogether different prosect.

GlassHalfFull 04-20-2009 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roc Hoover (Post 1164043)

Quote:

Originally Posted by disaacks3 (Post 1164244)
You're confusing it w/ the Pancackes & Pigskins Rookie Breakfast - this is an altogether different prosect.

I was wondering about the draft luncheon also, it was in May last time, IIRC. I remember that Kyle had a "doctor's appointment" and went with us. Complete with an excuse written by Joe Texan. Maybe it was during TAKS testing, there was some reason a Sr. did not need to be at school that day.

Drew_Smoke 04-20-2009 10:35 AM

There must be no draft luncheon then. It was always a week or two after the draft.

One good thing I noticed there... Patti Smith looks much better in person than on TV.

Yankee_In_TX 04-20-2009 05:34 PM

Anyone heard if this

a) is replacing the breakfast? and

b) what are the perks of attending this event?

Dr2bKay 04-20-2009 06:48 PM

I have not heard officially, but I think that this event is replacing the draft luncheon for their spring fundraiser.

The perks of attending would be bowling...if you like to bowl and being able to be close to the actual players. The only difference between this event and the other luncheon/breakfast thing is that it will be a night...and more casual.

I still would like to hear something more official though.

Drew_Smoke 04-21-2009 03:05 PM

I see...I just actually looked at the link. Thats pretty cool....less than $170 per person.

disaacks3 04-21-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GlassHalfFull (Post 1164296)
I was wondering about the draft luncheon also, it was in May last time, IIRC. I remember that Kyle had a "doctor's appointment" and went with us. Complete with an excuse written by Joe Texan. Maybe it was during TAKS testing, there was some reason a Sr. did not need to be at school that day.

Draft Luncheon = Last year it was on Tuesday, April 29th
P&P Rookie Breakfast = Last year it was on Tuesday, September 9th.

hobie 04-21-2009 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roc Hoover (Post 1165404)
I see...I just actually looked at the link. Thats pretty cool....less than $170 per person.

To bowl, are they out of their freaking minds?? Oh, sorry, a few players will be there, that makes it worth it now !

Tedc 04-21-2009 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr2bKay (Post 1164873)
The only difference between this event and the other luncheon/breakfast thing is that it will be a night...and more casual.

You can't get much more casual than a hardhat, jersey, Texans socks, and Texans tennis shoes.

The economy has hit hard. Canton is going to happen (barely) though I need to find another outlet for donation to Texans charities but can only afford one this year. Will this be it?

Is there anyone who feels they will be able to attend with me?

Drew_Smoke 04-22-2009 02:58 PM

I guess peoples is broke these days....

Let me know if some do sign up. I may be good for a couple. My wife won't go but my girl would cheerfully tag along. I think she has become quite the sports fan.

I talk to her saturday night after the storms...

Me- "whachya doing?"

Her- "listening to the rockets on the radio."

Me- "why the radio?'

Her- "the power's out so I have no tv or internet."

Me- "so YOU are listening to a game on a battery powered radio?"

Her- "duh! it's the PLAYOFFS, man!!"

How she is still single is beyond me...lol

Yankee_In_TX 04-22-2009 10:29 PM

I read the fine print, they're nixing the rookie breakfast. That stinks, it was a great way to learn about and meet the draft class!

GlassHalfFull 04-23-2009 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tedc (Post 1165457)
You can't get much more casual than a hardhat, jersey, Texans socks, and Texans tennis shoes.

The economy has hit hard. Canton is going to happen (barely) though I need to find another outlet for donation to Texans charities but can only afford one this year. Will this be it?

Is there anyone who feels they will be able to attend with me?

We would go, if you still have room.

gtexan02 04-23-2009 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hobie (Post 1165439)
To bowl, are they out of their freaking minds?? Oh, sorry, a few players will be there, that makes it worth it now !

Have you been bowling lately? It can get pretty expensive

Dr2bKay 05-12-2009 11:14 AM

Has anyone heard anything else about this?? Wil there be individual tickets sold?? Anyone going??

Drew_Smoke 05-27-2009 03:51 PM

I just saw in my survey the Texans send out that they are now selling individual tickets for $175.