Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Mock Draft Talk (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   New Yahoo Mock (#7) (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60177)

The Pencil Neck 04-02-2009 12:48 PM

New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns

They have us going:

Malcolm Jenkins
Shonn Greene
Zack Follett

Which... wouldn't be too bad.

Texecutioner 04-02-2009 12:50 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
I'm not real big on Malcom Jenkins, but if we landed him and Shonn Greene back to back I would be very happy. Shonn Greene is a guy that would be great for us as well. Great inside the tackles type of runner that I would take for sure. He'll be a good red zone guy.

I don't think he'll be available with our 2nd pick though. He'll most likely be gone by that pick.

bah007 04-02-2009 01:05 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Texecutioner (Post 1152716)
I'm not real big on Malcom Jenkins, but if we landed him and Shonn Greene back to back I would be very happy. Shonn Greene is a guy that would be great for us as well. Great inside the tackles type of runner that I would take for sure. He'll be a good red zone guy.

I don't think he'll be available with our 2nd pick though. He'll most likely be gone by that pick.

There are major concerns about Greene's work ethic and ability to keep his weight down. I don't see how he goes in the first two rounds. He just didn't interview very well.

What's not to like about Jenkins? He has been the top ranked CB for two years now. He looks fantastic on tape and had decent workouts. He improved his 40 time at his pro day. Some guys just get beaten to death during the time leading up to the draft, some for no reason.

If Jenkins falls to 15, we better have that card handed in within one minute.

Wolf 04-02-2009 01:08 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
nfl network was talking about possibly the bears taking Jenkins .. they were saying Jenkins could play corner or safety for them

threetoedpete 04-02-2009 01:08 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
Yes I'm really going to enjoy watching Jenkins sit the pine for the first six games.

Mac#5 04-02-2009 09:30 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
Any one else besides me surprised that they have Stephen McGee going in the third at 99... seems a little to early to me

Wolf6151 04-02-2009 11:37 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
My opinions:

1. Jenkins, love this pick, I don't think he falls to us but we'd be foolish not to take him if he did.
2. Greene, I'll pass, we don't need a starter RB, we only need a backup to Slaton and the 2nd round is too early to be taking a backup RB. Greene also has weight issues and really small hands, give me Patrick Chung, Louis Delmas, or William Moore in the 2nd round instead.
3. Follett, ehhhh seems a little early for him, I'd rather have Jonathan Luigs, Kraig Urbik, or Andre Brown.

Stephen McGee at 99 and Darcel McBath at 86 both seem a little early.

Maddict5 04-03-2009 12:03 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
the way alot of mocks are panning out, id like to trade our 2 4th's for a 3rd and take one of the big backs there because they all seem to be off the board by the 4th. if we did do that:

1. Jenkins
2. Sidbury Jr
3. depending on if its above or below 77: Rashad Johnson/ Rashad Jennings
3. Rashad Jennings/ Darrell McBath

pbat488 04-03-2009 12:57 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
The new McShay mock for first half of 1st round has us taking Jenkins, and I would be more than happy with that selection.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...26id%3d4037988

keyser 04-05-2009 04:11 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pbat488 (Post 1153481)
The new McShay mock for first half of 1st round has us taking Jenkins, and I would be more than happy with that selection.

I think it's interesting that this mock has us taking Jenkins, and San Diego taking Oher. Last year, we ended up picking one slot before SD, and we took Duane Brown, while they took Antoine Cason. So, if the draft pans out this way, we each end up with a CB and an OT.

Personally, though, I think the combination of Oher and Cason is much stronger than Brown and Jenkins. (I was hoping for Cason last year, and this year, I'd like Oher, though I'm also fine with Jenkins).

Tailgate 04-05-2009 05:03 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by keyser (Post 1154445)
I think it's interesting that this mock has us taking Jenkins, and San Diego taking Oher. Last year, we ended up picking one slot before SD, and we took Duane Brown, while they took Antoine Cason. So, if the draft pans out this way, we each end up with a CB and an OT.

Personally, though, I think the combination of Oher and Cason is much stronger than Brown and Jenkins. (I was hoping for Cason last year, and this year, I'd like Oher, though I'm also fine with Jenkins).

When comparing tho you need to throw in Slaton which changes things a bit.

When speaking of Jenkins.... I am wondering. Would he start right away? Would he start at all this year? Immediately start at Safety? Everyone in the organization pretty much stated whom ever we take first needs to start and needs to be an impact player. Tho that could have changed after FA signing,etc.

keyser 04-05-2009 08:39 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tailgate (Post 1154453)
When comparing tho you need to throw in Slaton which changes things a bit.

Well, I was comparing after the trade down (which netted Slaton). After the trade down, the Texans picked right before the Chargers. This year (assuming no trades), the Texans will pick right before the Chargers. It would be pretty interesting if the picks really were Jenkins (who I like - don't get me wrong) and Oher (who I also like), seeing as how we would have basically flipped picks from last year. It really would set up a comparison as to which team got the better LT/CB combination.

Quote:

When speaking of Jenkins.... I am wondering. Would he start right away? Would he start at all this year? Immediately start at Safety? Everyone in the organization pretty much stated whom ever we take first needs to start and needs to be an impact player. Tho that could have changed after FA signing,etc.
There are lots of possibilities, but I'm guessing most don't have him starting day 1. I could see him coming in at Safety, but the transition would probably keep him from starting day 1. If he stays at CB, I think there's a decent chance he passes Reeves (and Molden, and Bennett) for a starting slot, but again, not by day 1. Plus, to me Dunta is still a bit of a "?", both in terms of whether he'll really be here (i.e. get traded) and how close he will be to his old self.

HoustonFrog 04-06-2009 09:59 AM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
I like Jenkins..I think that is the same 3 rounder I posted 6-7 days ago...I guess all the sites just take them. After awhile I think they all just use each others and go from there..lol

http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60093

Blake 04-06-2009 11:46 AM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
I would love Jenkins in the first. Our secondary needs some help, and a guy who can possibly pay both would be perfect. But look at all the good CB's available to us in the 2nd. Greene is cool in the 2nd, but I didnt realize how old he was back when I really liked him. But I still think he will be a good 1-2 punch back. I could do without Follett.

TimeKiller 04-06-2009 12:02 PM

Re: New Yahoo Mock (#7)
 
I'd be fine with Jenkins 1, BSafetyA 2, Follet 3. Shonne Green is DO NOT WANT for me. His age and comparable talent in round 4/5 don't add up for me.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger