Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com

Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/index.php)
-   Blazing Arrow's "Rivalry Talk" (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Titans are a classless team (http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57112)

Hookem Horns 12-21-2008 11:25 PM

Titans are a classless team
 
Of course I hate the Titans for obvious reasons (bailing on their fans). However even if this team were still the Houston Oilers as a fan I would have some real concern about their lack of class. We all know about the dirty stuff, their thug players, and the classless comments from players like Butterworth and Finegan.

But man, stomping on that Terrible Towel was just totally classless by that "USC thug" Lendale White. It was also a dumbass move because they are probably going to have to play the Steelers again.

Hopefully someone will take them out in the playoffs and stomp on a possum to rub it in.

Blazing Arrow 12-21-2008 11:27 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
All said while you have an avatar that shows some guy throwing a shoe at Bud Adam.

Keep it classy San Deigo :rolleyes:

Vinny 12-21-2008 11:29 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1082580)
All said while you have an avatar that shows some guy throwing a shoe at Bud Adam.

Keep it classy San Deigo :rolleyes:

that's actual staff footage though.

GuerillaBlack 12-21-2008 11:33 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Yeah, that was a pretty stupid move. He had no reason to really do that. The whole game, the Titans were mocking the Steelers. It's too bad Big Ben played terrible.

Blazing Arrow 12-21-2008 11:33 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Houston Texans, Expansion No More? Bring on 9-7!
If only you could beat Oakland. :spit:

Blazing Arrow 12-21-2008 11:37 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack (Post 1082584)
Yeah, that was a pretty stupid move. He had no reason to really do that. The whole game, the Titans were mocking the Steelers. It's too bad Big Ben played terrible.

He played terribly because he had a Titan in his face the entire game. We completely dominated the Steelers O-line.

Please show this 'whole game' you were talking about. Not until the end did White pull one of those towels out and do what he did. We were underdogs in our own stadium with a better record. The main reason I did not like the move was it gives fuel to the Steelers if we play them in the AFC Championship game.

Goldensilence 12-21-2008 11:49 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Chris Johnson waving the titans towel after the touchdown as well. This Titans team better be careful what they wish for in taunting the Steelers.

Andrew6 12-21-2008 11:52 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1082590)
He played terribly because he had a Titan in his face the entire game. We completely dominated the Steelers O-line.

Please show this 'whole game' you were talking about. Not until the end did White pull one of those towels out and do what he did. We were underdogs in our own stadium with a better record. The main reason I did not like the move was it gives fuel to the Steelers if we play them in the AFC Championship game.


I always find it funny when a fan refers to the team as WE. WE did it or WE could of beat the team etc... Just for future reference whats your number so I can look for you in the next game.

Andrew6 12-21-2008 11:53 PM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blazing Arrow (Post 1082586)
If only you could beat Oakland. :spit:


If only the Texans could be the Titans ohhh yeah They did.

Blazing Arrow 12-22-2008 12:05 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 1082607)
If only the Texans could be the Titans ohhh yeah They did.

Even a blind pig finds a truffle in a forest. Let me guess you held us to less then the Steelers D so your D is better the the Steelers too?

Blazing Arrow 12-22-2008 12:08 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goldensilence (Post 1082602)
Chris Johnson waving the titans towel after the touchdown as well. This Titans team better be careful what they wish for in taunting the Steelers.

I agree taunting the steelers is not the best approach. I have taken flack for it on my board. Johnson needs to calm himself down; he almost lost the ball of that play and this was not the first time. I have seen a lot worst in the form of celebration from every team and we had to many steeler fans at the game waving those flags. I like that celebration but it need to come after the TD was a for sure not while he was running into the endzone.

Blazing Arrow 12-22-2008 12:10 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew6 (Post 1082606)
I always find it funny when a fan refers to the team as WE. WE did it or WE could of beat the team etc... Just for future reference whats your number so I can look for you in the next game.

I am alusive you would never be able to spot me until it was too late. Some people have pride in there team and think it is part of them because they follow and pay. Fans can make or break a team at home so I would say even in the smallest way we can make a difference and that is all it takes to be part of the team.

YellerLotYeller 12-22-2008 01:37 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
It's really just a reflection of the leadership on the team, or lack there of. When the leader of team stomps on people after a play, what do you expect?

LonerATO 12-22-2008 03:17 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
My roommate who is from Bethlehem, PA was so pissed about the lose of the game, but even more pissed about the stomping of the towel. I have always told him the Titans are a classless team and now he knows. He made a comment about how he cant wait for Hines to crack someones when the two teams meet again.

Texan_Bill 12-22-2008 08:41 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hookem Horns (Post 1082575)
Of course I hate the Titans for obvious reasons (bailing on their fans). However even if this team were still the Houston Oilers as a fan I would have some real concern about their lack of class. We all know about the dirty stuff, their thug players, and the classless comments from players like Butterworth and Finegan.

But man, stomping on that Terrible Towel was just totally classless by that "USC thug" Lendale White. It was also a dumbass move because they are probably going to have to play the Steelers again.

Hopefully someone will take them out in the playoffs and stomp on a possum to rub it in.

Hmmmm!!

I'm kinda surprised you expected anything less from that classless organization. It's not as though it should be a surprise. Organizations mostly resemble their ownership.

What's even worse is titan fan defending it......

Carr Bombed 12-22-2008 08:47 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Stomping on the terrible towel.......the Titans are a joke and that's going to come back and bite them in the ass when they face the Steelers again in the playoffs. There's a old saying......."let sleeping dogs lie"

9nines 12-22-2008 09:00 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
The Steelers have a wide fan base and often bring this on themselves. From Titans fans at the game, it was reported many of those Steelers fans were bringing much attention to themselves pre-game talking about how badly the Steelers would beat the Titans and harrassing many Titans fans. So it is understandable why the towel was stomped after the Titans soundly beat the Steelers. And I enjoyed it, remembering being at many of the Oilers-Steelers games in Houston, where Steelers fans were sometimes 30% plus, with those Steelers fans acting arrogantly as visiting fans. And also for us loyal Oilers fans, it was really nice seeing this done against our old and real rival, the Steelers and securing the #1 seed in the process.

GuerillaBlack 12-22-2008 09:05 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9nines (Post 1082688)
The Steelers have a wide fan base and often bring this on themselves. From Titans fans at the game, it was reported many of those Steelers fans were bringing much attention to themselves pre-game talking about how badly the Steelers would beat the Titans and harrassing many Titans fans. So it is understandable why the towel was stomped after the Titans soundly beat the Steelers. And I enjoyed it, remembering being at many of the Oilers-Steelers games in Houston, where Steelers fans were sometimes 30% plus, with those Steelers fans acting arrogantly as visiting fans. And also for us loyal Oilers fans, it was really nice seeing this done against our old and real rival, the Steelers and securing the #1 seed in the process.

Oh wow.

Carr Bombed 12-22-2008 09:16 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 9nines (Post 1082688)
The Steelers have a wide fan base and often bring this on themselves. From Titans fans at the game, it was reported many of those Steelers fans were bringing much attention to themselves pre-game talking about how badly the Steelers would beat the Titans and harrassing many Titans fans. So it is understandable why the towel was stomped after the Titans soundly beat the Steelers. And I enjoyed it, remembering being at many of the Oilers-Steelers games in Houston, where Steelers fans were sometimes 30% plus, with those Steelers fans acting arrogantly as visiting fans. And also for us loyal Oilers fans, it was really nice seeing this done against our old and real rival, the Steelers and securing the #1 seed in the process.

This post makes no damn sense......what happened on the field had absolutely nothing to do with the way fans acted in the stands. Titan players have no clue what's going on in the stands. The team just acted like punks, they need to take a page out of the Colts' playbook and learn how to win with class. If I was a Titan fan the last team I would want to face in the playoffs would be the Steelers.......it's just stupid to try to rub a team's nose in poo when you might face that same team in the playoffs.

gwallaia 12-22-2008 09:17 AM

Re: Titans are a classless team
 
I could think of a lot worse things to do with a Terrible Towel.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Ad Management by RedTyger